Since sorcs are asking for cover on PTS forum

biowareftw

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you show me what spec you are using for dps sorc, OP? I'd love to see how Sorcs are so over powered. You should write a guide.

I would like to see that too, it's not lightning as I ahve played that since beta. If left alone I will widdle down others but I spawn in PVP with a big sign on my head ("Free Kill"). So only bads leave me alone.

As to your request, come on people ask for a lot on things on the PTS, I saw a thread where Merc's were asking for some DPS love, (please who let them out of the basement). If they did that who would sorc's make fun of than?

Even saw a thread where a smash monkey was asking for a one button key everything in 60m. That does not mean he will get it. (like they don't already have a damage AOE attack).

I do agree I see a lot of threads asking for sorcs to have more deffensive ability, I think it is misguided as we are not tanks. I do think that some trees need some love, but understand balance is key and they are trying to balance two types of play at the same time (PVP & PVE). But than again that has been their problem from the get go.

I would like to ask for the following things for other classes.

Everyone should get a ranged stun.

Everyone should get a friendly pull.

Everyone needs sprint. It isn't fair that a sorc can run back to a node/door after a death faster then other players.

Classes without a knockback? Get one.

Ranged interrupt on melee classes? Yes please.

Ranged slow on all melee classes. Yup I need this as well.

Instant cast 2-3 k heal that can't be dispelled (bubble). Yup. Definitely going to need that.

Lower all dps rotations to that of a madness sorc/hybrid so we can all play our classes on our X box controllers, while eating nachos.

All classes should be able to heal themselves when LOS'ing behind a pillar. I feel my Pyro PT needs this since sorc's have it. Wouldn't be OP at all. Also my carnage marauder would like it also. Root, los, heal self would be totally balanced.

Since all classes except jug are pigeonholed into one spec for ranked, but only sorcs feel the need to complain about it 24/7? We want other viable specs as well. We are going to throw a tantrum and DEMAND a developer talk to us until then as well. Getting our inner sorc on.

Also I would like a healing/tank spec for my marauder and sniper, so that at anytime I can respec for free and carry bad players in pugs. Topping dps just isn't enough sometimes.

Until 2.0? Everyone needs bubblestun baseline. Think about it sorcs! Less time spamming bubble. More time bunny hopping!

Instant aoe mes. Needs to be on all classes.

Melee attacks need a 30 meter range.

Cleanse. Hells yeah!

/signed all other classes who don't get any developer attention due to forums being dominated by crying sorcs. who yell at other sorcs, who say they are fine.

So you want a god character and want everyone else to be god characters? Cuz that's what I saw when I read this.

So you want a god character and want everyone else to be god characters? Cuz that's what I saw when I read this.

I could be wrong, but I think he just wants every class to have the same abilities (well most of them) I would galdly give up my bubble or force sprint for a AOE that auto crit on a 6s CD that did over 7K+ damage on geared people (I don't care what tree you put it in). You can keep the cover too I will not need it. :eek:

Oh, well. Let them keep DPS sorc as is. People will stop playing it in PvP and reroll assassin/shadow. I already did. Hell, I really enjoy kicking these 'sorc is fine l2p'-pyros/snipers/smashers butts from out of stealth. And if they try to get nasty then I go back to stealth and when I come back, I simply kill them. It's so funny to watch these fellows still looking out for their favourite freekill class sorc/sage, but there are hardly any left in WZs < 50. So dear pyros/snipers etc. say goodbye to your freekills. Edited by Cretinus

Lol @ those noobs crying for cover (i bet all lightning spec). Lightning is for PVE not for PVP. Know this - not only other classes will try to kill you but my sorc also. Free kill.

With that build of yours?! I'm not saying that lightening is the way to go, but your build is absolutely pants for PvP.

<snip>

If your point is that sorcs have amazing tools, you are right. I love, use, and abuse all their utilities: friendly pull, 30m lolinterrupt, aoe knockback, 30m lolinstant mez, speed, slows, bubble, instant self heal, 30 ranged aoe with no cooldown that hits around corners (rofl).

Their gap opener and gap maintainer abilities are a nice alternative to the sniper no-interrupt-from-cover concept. They need a little more burstiness and they'd be awesome.

Who should really be complaining (and they are) is the merc. I mean, cmon, one turret class that can't be interrupted (or even cc'ed half the time), and another that can get interrupted all day long? Who thought that would work out!?

you lost all credibility with number 2. Madness/Balance isn't a hard rotation but pyrotechs is way easier. plus there are zero hard classes to play in this game. let me say this again there are 0 classes that are hard to play. if you find a class difficult to play then you my friend are bad. that is all. have a nice day

Jenna'syyde

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/sith-inquisitor/sorcerer/madness/rotation-and-cooldowns

LOL? If you could modify a old Sega Genesis controller you could PVE on a sorc as dps. Oh yeah and the hybrid is just as easy. Lightning? Is like a dumbed down MM sniper.

Pyrotech IS easy but...

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/bounty-hunter/powertech/pyrotech/rotation-and-cooldowns

Too funny. Also LOL even more at you thinking sorc's are unique in having a priority system. Every class in the game has procs and a priority system. The sorc's is just easier to manage, with one whole resource to watch. Add to that it is ranged which is has always been facroll as dps in raids in all mmo's.

I just LOVE when you kids try to say all classes are the same difficulty to play when the dev's SPECIFICALLY SAID IN BETA that some classes were DESIGNED to be challenging and some were not. The kicker? You sit there and say "all classes are the same", then in the same sentence you will cry about PYRO pt "being too easy" and "easier", which is only slightly easier in PvP only. You counter your own statements in your posts.

You own yourselves. You play a class made for new MMO players. You can't succeed on it. Congratulations. In before some genius on this thread rants about me being a Pyro PT again. I have one. I never play it. Why? I was bored of it long before I even finished leveling the class. It is like a 10 yard and in sorc. Simply not an engaging or fun, or challenging class.

Edited by biowareftw

I had suggested a mechanic like cover for sorcs months ago, but it would probably have to be something with a CD.

Operatives/Scoundrels can heal from cover and get protection from long range leaps all day, everyday. A similar mechanic would be nice for a much more vulnerable class (no dodge, no vanish, light armour) - although again, it would need a CD since we already have force speed (of course, operatives now have roll so...hmmm)

Everyone should get a ranged stun.

Everyone should get a friendly pull.

Everyone needs sprint. It isn't fair that a sorc can run back to a node/door after a death faster then other players.

Classes without a knockback? Get one.

Ranged interrupt on melee classes? Yes please.

Ranged slow on all melee classes. Yup I need this as well.

Instant cast 2-3 k heal that can't be dispelled (bubble). Yup. Definitely going to need that.

Lower all dps rotations to that of a madness sorc/hybrid so we can all play our classes on our X box controllers, while eating nachos.

All classes should be able to heal themselves when LOS'ing behind a pillar. I feel my Pyro PT needs this since sorc's have it. Wouldn't be OP at all. Also my carnage marauder would like it also. Root, los, heal self would be totally balanced.

Since all classes except jug are pigeonholed into one spec for ranked, but only sorcs feel the need to complain about it 24/7? We want other viable specs as well. We are going to throw a tantrum and DEMAND a developer talk to us until then as well. Getting our inner sorc on.

Also I would like a healing/tank spec for my marauder and sniper, so that at anytime I can respec for free and carry bad players in pugs. Topping dps just isn't enough sometimes.

Until 2.0? Everyone needs bubblestun baseline. Think about it sorcs! Less time spamming bubble. More time bunny hopping!

Instant aoe mes. Needs to be on all classes.

Melee attacks need a 30 meter range.

Cleanse. Hells yeah!

/signed all other classes who don't get any developer attention due to forums being dominated by crying sorcs. who yell at other sorcs, who say they are fine.

9/10 .. ppl just dont know how to proper play their class.... i suggest for ppl eho play sorc - get 1030 bonus dmg and if they are good, sorc can outdmg all dps ... its terrible when i inspect them and they have 820 bonus dmg only and cry on forum or in ops chat ... and i dont speak about utilities ...especially friendly pull i never seen except huttball... why is it so hard when got attacked to pull some friendly melee to help you?

Edited by mrekxxx

I had suggested a mechanic like cover for sorcs months ago, but it would probably have to be something with a CD.

Operatives/Scoundrels can heal from cover and get protection from long range leaps all day, everyday. A similar mechanic would be nice for a much more vulnerable class (no dodge, no vanish, light armour) - although again, it would need a CD since we already have force speed (of course, operatives now have roll so...hmmm)

Did you also suggest that scoundrels get an aoe knockback, force sprint (which is on a VERY SHORT COOLDOWN), a friendly pull, an immunity that can be used while stunned, bubbles for other people. a RANGED interrupt, a RANGED stun?

Those suggestions would be just as dumb and just as vaild.

The idea that a sorc is struggling as a healer in ANY patch since release (and including 2.0) is asinine. As far as struggling as dps? DPS mercs, scoundrels would like a word with you. You are better then both as dps for warzones. You are FAR better as pve dps then the scoundrel.

As far as "light armor". It is 5 percent less then a scoundrel. 5 freakin percent. I guess sentinels/marauders are trash compared to dps jugs and powertechs right? Armor doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot in this game. Add to that? Many dps specs ignore armor anyways.

Edited by biowareftw

Sorry Mr. biowareftw but if you use noxic you really have no idea whats going on in this game. You are clearly a troll bc you started this thread knowing you would ensue an argument with all of your bs points and ideas. Please stop or quit playing.

Sorry Mr. biowareftw but if you use noxic you really have no idea whats going on in this game. You are clearly a troll bc you started this thread knowing you would ensue an argument with all of your bs points and ideas. Please stop or quit playing.

Please explain how the rotation is different then what noxic posted. The hyrbid spec? That is a different spec. I made mention of the hybrid spec. It isn't any harder. It is still as easy as any ranged class in this game, and MUCH easier then most gunslinger/sniper dps specs.

I could care less about noxic. If I would have posted the elitist jerks website instead, would you have been happy? It is a freakin pve rotation. I know very well that people hate noxic because he just copies and pastes theorycrafting. My point was that it is the most mind numbing rotation in the game. It is.

I love how when you people can't argue anything I presented you just call me a troll.

Now go simcraft, why you can't succeed on a dumbed down gunslinger/sniper, and a healer that has always had viability in this game.

Edited by biowareftw

OP, your trolling attempts never cease to entertain. :)

Also, can you show us where the bad sorc touched you? ;)

I was going to do my Cheech Marin impersonation: "Hey, amigo, pass that %$# over, man."

Sorcerers are OP...yeah...:rolleyes:

Did you also suggest that scoundrels get an aoe knockback, force sprint (which is on a VERY SHORT COOLDOWN), a friendly pull, an immunity that can be used while stunned, bubbles for other people. a RANGED interrupt, a RANGED stun?

Yep, I agree with you. It might not be balanced - but my thought was, on a CD, perhaps wouldn't be too powerful.

Don't get me wrong, I think healing sorcs in particular are fine; but having immunity to long range leaps as a healer is something that really makes Ops more survivable than sorcs *shrug*

Please explain how the rotation is different then what noxic posted. The hyrbid spec? That is a different spec. I made mention of the hybrid spec. It isn't any harder. It is still as easy as any ranged class in this game, and MUCH easier then most gunslinger/sniper dps specs.

I could care less about noxic. If I would have posted the elitist jerks website instead, would you have been happy? It is a freakin pve rotation. I know very well that people hate noxic because he just copies and pastes theorycrafting. My point was that it is the most mind numbing rotation in the game. It is.

I love how when you people can't argue anything I presented you just call me a troll.

Now go simcraft, why you can't succeed on a dumbed down gunslinger/sniper, and a healer that has always had viability in this game.

again you know nothing aboot how to play a balance sage. If you lead with mindcrush (which the link suggested) it will just be interrupted. You use mind crush when you have presence of mind proc. And force Slow and Project should be a part of your rotation and of course link didnt mention either ability. Sure bads will cry Project kills there force pool (but I'm not bad, so I dont have force Issues) When Project procs a 2nd project it is my hardest hitting single target ability. I have no issues with my sage as is. and you say we are a dumbed down version of sniper.... what a joke that is. Sniper/Slinger are a dumbed down version of us. I mean seriously what kind of bad needs to have interrupt immunity and not be able to be leapt to or pulled. You act like their rotation is hard. Sabotage Charge, Aim Shot, Charged Burst, Trick shot, Takedown/ I mean anyone can do that from 35M away when they know they cant be interrupted or leapt to. Then the babies also get to be immune to stuns when they hunker down. The class is beyond simple.

Jenna'syyde

Edited by rlamela

I was going to do my Cheech Marin impersonation: "Hey, amigo, pass that %$# over, man."

Sorcerers are OP...yeah...:rolleyes:

Another person who can't read. Never, ever said that sorcs were OP. I said that sorcs have always been either A) head and shoulders above other healers, or B) just as viable (both op/scoundrel are just as viable atm).

That isn't changing in 2.0. Do you know how long it takes to gun down a well guarded healer? Add immunity that can be used during stuns or the force push away from the healers tank (to break guard) and coordinated burst?

Sorcs are not going to be hurting in 2.0. Not at all. DPS sorcs? Still going to be better then scoundrel/op/merc/commando dps specs. Those are the other healer hybrids in the game. If you are better then them? You have nothing to complain about.

again you know nothing aboot how to play a balance sage. If you lead with mindcrush (which the link suggested) it will just be interrupted. You use mind crush when you have presence of mind proc. And force Slow and Project should be a part of your rotation and of course link didnt mention either ability. Sure bads will cry Project kills there force pool (but I'm not bad, so I dont have force Issues) When Project procs a 2nd project it is my hardest hitting single target ability. I have no issues with my sage as is. and you say we are a dumbed down version of sniper.... what a joke that is. Sniper/Slinger are a dumbed down version of us. I mean seriously what kind of bad needs to have interrupt immunity and not be able to be leapt to or pulled. You act like their rotation is hard. Sabotage Charge, Aim Shot, Charged Burst, Trick shot, Takedown/ I mean anyone can do that from 35M away when they no they cant be interrupted or leapt to. Then the babies also get to be immune to stuns when they hunker down. The class is beyond simple.

Jenna'syyde

I said PVE ROTATION. Let me know how many times raid bosses switch from the tank and interrupt you. Make a video of it. That is one smart raid boss.

Now as far as a sniper/slinger being a dumbed down version of a sage/sorc? That might be the funniest thing I have ever read on this forum.

You claim I don't know how to play your class (I know full well the hybrid specs is run over full balance/madness, that was a PVE COMMENT HAHA), yet you think snipers all open with aimed shot at a 2.5 second cast time.

Awesome story. I would read it again. I have been playing wrong this whole time. I thought a 1.5 second aimed shot off a proc was better then a 2.5 second one.

Guess I screwed up BIG TIME. Thanks for teaching me how to play my class. I should also never use my dot, bombs, orbital strike, series of shots (going to hit like a truck in 2.0), reset on series of shots, crit/accuracy buff. Oh yeah and why would I use shatter shot? Takes some armor off, applies a healing debuff. Obviously pointless skill. Also I always stand in one place, cus instasnipe procs are garbage. Much better to hardcast it, and not reset my shield. Also never use grenades on door caps, aoe shot on stealth, 2 def abilities, same number of CC a sorc has. Nope never. Never use any of that. Entrench? Another button you have to manually press. Rolling away from someone? Nope never do that either.

The only people you could ever kill with the combo you listed is in lowbie pvp. Level the sniper. It changes lol.

That is like me saying the sorc class consists of one dot and spamming one button, cus it works at low levels. Makes perfect sense. It is much harder then that of course. Later It involves 2-3 instant cast/procs (WHOA MAN SO MANY BUTTONS). There, are you happy now?

Edited by biowareftw

I said PVE ROTATION. Let me know how many times raid bosses switch from the tank and interrupt you. Make a video of it. That is one smart raid boss.

Now as far as a sniper/slinger being a dumbed down version of a sage/sorc? That might be the funniest thing I have ever read on this forum.

You claim I don't know how to play your class (I know full well the hybrid specs is run over full balance/madness, that was a PVE COMMENT HAHA), yet you think snipers all open with aimed shot at a 2.5 second cast time.

Awesome story. I would read it again. I have been playing wrong this whole time. I thought a 1.5 second aimed shot off a proc was better then a 2.5 second one.

Guess I screwed up BIG TIME. Thanks for teaching me how to play my class. I should also never use my dot, bombs, orbital strike, series of shots (going to hit like a truck in 2.0), reset on series of shots, crit/accuracy buff.

The only people you could ever kill with the combo you listed is in lowbie pvp. Level the sniper. It changes lol.

That is like me saying the sorc class consists of one dot and spamming one button, cus it works at low levels. Makes perfect sense.

who was ever talking aboot pve. PVE sages and commandos are boss. I mean if you are having issues in PVE with a DPS Sage or Commando then you should probably quit the game. I didnt put the abilities in order of use i just listed them.

And You told me I should only use 4 abilities. That I dont use Force slow, Force Armor, 3 heals, KB, Force Potency, Grenades, Cleanse, Salvation. Force Quake force speed and so on....You cant have it one way for my class and another way for your class.

And I play all 3 Ranged classes and Slinger is easiest in PVP. I dont play PVE cause PVE is garbage.

Jenna'syyde

Edited by rlamela

who was ever talking aboot pve. PVE sages and commandos are boss. I mean if you are having issues in PVE with a DPS Sage or Commando then you should probably quit the game. I didnt put th abilities in order of use i just listed them.

And You told me I should only use 4 abilities. That I dont use Force slow, Force Armor, 3 heals, KB, Force Potency, Grenades, Cleanse, Salvation. Force Quake force speed and so on....You cant have it one way for my class and another way for your class.

Jenna'syyde

Thanks for making my point. The dps rotation is simpler then other classes (cept commando/pt which are close). In pvp everyone has CC/def cooldowns/roots/kites.

You are basically agreeing with me...yet somehow, someway you have the idea that a sorc is a hard class to play. Despite using less buttons, with a simpler dps rotation.

Good argument. Thanks for playing sir.

Edited by biowareftw