Squelch System

Beckwith

I think this WAS a good idea, but it has turned bad in recent years. Over the last 2 or 3 years people have been using this system to get people they don't like or they troll intentionally to get them squelched. I know of several people that this has happened to and they did nothing to get squelched. It has even happened to me.

For example:

Today, this morning at about 9am. I was chatting in general chat with some people. There was one person being a bit annoying and spamming chat. I told people you can ignore them or if enough people report her for spam that she could get squelched and this is a good reason to use it. She was spamming chat with nonsense for over 90mins that I was on for. Anyways, Some guy then posts to report me because I am posting terrorism threats and other things, I forget whatelse, but there terrorism stood out to me. I was like ***? I ignored him thinking it was some troll, well I went to type something to answer someones post in chat and I can't talk in chat anymore, go to find out, I am squelched.

This really angers me that some jerk can come in and spam something like that and everyone just follows the leader and good people like me and others get squelched because of some jerk abusing the system. As I said, this has not happened to just me, it has happened to friends of mine and some enemies of mine. I don't think it is right that someone is doing this. I think the Devs need to look at this system and possibly fix it.

I reported the issue to the CSR's but as you know, it could take up to 2 weeks to get a response and its a 24 hour squelch.

I hope Keith or Musco see this post and reply to it as it is something that needs to be looked into.

• 2 weeks later...