J.J. Abrams Set to Direct Next 'Star Wars' Film (Exclusive)

Lord_Karsk

That is the as subjective as it gets.

I liked the Phantom Menace.

i think your the only one that liked it......

it had about 10-15 minutes of redeeming action, Maul lightsaber duel.

The story even though it gave it an introduction Anikan (crybaby) skywalker, was hurting..

Edited by maximinus_thrax

Seriously? your worried about science inaccuracies?!? ALL Sci-Fi Movies have inaccuracies, who cares, except the .01% hard core nerd population who will complain about anything...

The rebooted Star Trek Movie was IMO the best Star Trek movie made, with maybe the exception of Wrath of Khan... The rest of the star trek franchises while entertaining was one big cheese ball fest.

I'm glad Abrams is the Director, means there might be hope that the movie will actually be good... The only movie that was decent was Empire Strikes Back, the rest of the movies were cheesy at best...

I could not have said it any better myself... But I will say I do think EP IV (A new Hope) was also decent. Empire was the best for sure though, because its the one Lucas did NOT direct. I also agree with your Star Trek view totally....

Finally, we know the director! I think it's a good team to start with. Now for the two year long wait to see it come to life. :cool:

i think your the only one that liked it......

What are you talking about? I know a lot of people who like it, myself included. We all have similar objections to parts of it; too much slapstick being one. We who like the prequels just don't have a reason to be as loud as those who hate it, because if you like something -- why would you have to yell it from the rooftops?

That is the as subjective as it gets.

I liked the Phantom Menace.

Well, the movies were all entertaining, but Jar Jar Binks really ruined Phantom Menace bad, kind of how the Ewocks ruined EP. VI.... (Return of the Jedi)

A movie for younger Audiences is fine, things like Jar Jar Binks to try and get a 5yo boy to be entertained is another matter and I will NEVER forgive Lucas for that blunder!

I also think he forgets, hit main Audience has aged some, its not 1983 anymore when he decided Ewocks could take on the Empires best garrison and beat them.... lol.

Well, the movies were all entertaining, but Jar Jar Binks really ruined Phantom Menace bad, kind of how the Ewocks ruined EP. VI.... (Return of the Jedi)

A movie for younger Audiences is fine, things like Jar Jar Binks to try and get a 5yo boy to be entertained is another matter and I will NEVER forgive Lucas for that blunder!

I also think he forgets, hit main Audience has aged some, its not 1983 anymore when he decided Ewocks could take on the Empires best garrison and beat them.... lol.

I like the ewoks, they didnt ruin anything, people just keep saying that because they think it makes them look all grown up and cool.

The target audience is kids, it is as simple as that, while i like the original trilogy the best, ,my younger brother hardly knows those movies think the seen them once because i forced him, but he loves the prequels.

People just need to grow up and get over it.

Edited by lasstn

I like the ewoks, they didnt ruin anything, people just keep saying that because they think it makes me look all grown up and cool.

The target audience is kids, it is as simple as that, while i like the original trilogy the best, ,my younger brother hardly knows those movies think the seen them once because i forced him, but he loves the prequels.

People just need to grow up and get over it.

Nothing wrong with the Ewoks at all. And for the most part they got trounced scattering all roads and directions. ROTJ arguably had better writing than the other 2 Star Wars movies. Although acting wasn't as good and maybe a little bit of complacency had crept in by this point.

I remember watching this back in '83 being absoloutly glued to it. With subtitles for Jabba while his voice boomed fear in the viewer. Or the Bouush scene. While I do agree Ewoks were a step next a more marketable toy, their inclusion in no way marred an other wise fantastic end to that particular trilogy. And indeed this hate for them has really only came about in the last 10 years.. drunken debates with aquaintances over the years were more centred on the soft death of Boba Fett.... what the hell is up with that family!!! :cool:

Well, I did not like the Ewocks in 1983 either.... lol. We all have different tastes, Ewocks and Binks could have been avoided in either movie with similar or more success...

Assuming you guys probably loved Jar Jar Binks as well, just showes we have different taste. I am 44 now and I love movies like Toy Story, Nemo, The Incredibles, so its not about those kind of charachters, just those kind of charachters in Star Wars....

I can't even watch EP.1 without getting anoyed..... Here we are, a massive battle with droids and Binks, bumbleing around like a idiot, did not sit well with me at all... That should have been WAY more Epic, not childish.

Yet R2D2 and C3PO were a great balance in adding humor and youthful entertainment without going too far....

Edited by Themanthatisi

Yet R2D2 and C3PO were a great balance in adding humor and youthful entertainment without going too far....

Actually they annoy me lol :D

Not the droids them self, but i found it to be ridiculous that Darth Vader build C3PO :)

Yeah, like how you can't actually see lasers in flight or dodge them, and hear anything in space. Or how crowded asteroid fields are, or how a beam of light has a set amount and is able to cut anything.... Great science. If you want science stay AWAY from Star Wars.

Stay away from Star Trek too, or pretty much any show where the main cast solves their problems through juryrigging incredibly dangerous machines. The heroes save the day by reciting a litany of science-sounding words and then proceed to abuse science to death by doing basically magic. I can see why it has to be so, ofc - a hard scifi show would probably be incredibly boring. Not to mention short if anything on the ship goes wrong, ever.