"Valkorion's mark?" Spoilers

deathwatchnine

Is it still on the Commander or did it or did go with Valky? If it went then how did the non force classes operate the Eternal Fleet? I accept he is truly dead, but he could have left something behind right? We all do.

Someone get a quote from the writers that completely debunks this theory. I can't enjoy Onslaught with this looming over my head like dark side does the galaxy. I can't find a satisfactory answer myself AND DON'T THINK I DIDN"T TRY!

Is it still on the Commander or did it or did go with Valky? If it went then how did the non force classes operate the Eternal Fleet? I accept he is truly dead, but he could have left something behind right? We all do.

Someone get a quote from the writers that completely debunks this theory. I can't enjoy Onslaught with this looming over my head like dark side does the galaxy. I can't find a satisfactory answer myself AND DON'T THINK I DIDN"T TRY!

Why do you think that operating the fleet (a series of technological constructs controlled via a technological construct) requires the operator to be a Force User?

Valkorion hiding inside your mind strengthened your connection to the Force (Satele during KOTFE 12). Past tense, meaning, it has already occurred. All living beings are connected in the Force even those with sufficiently low midichlorian counts as to be considered Force-insensitive (KOTET 7, TPM, ESB, TCW). Just because his spirit/consciousness/soul was obliterated, doesn't mean your strengthened connection to the Force went away.

Also, what Steve said.

Also, what Steve said.

I hate quoting myself, but just so that we reference available lore,

1. There's nothing to indicate that the Builders of Iokath, the ones who designed all the superweapons including the Eternal Fleet, were exclusively Force-sensitive or that they were designed with Force-sensitives in mind.
  2. We can see examples of Rakatan technology being operated by non-Force sensitives, despite their obvious Force-origins. This is evident in the vanilla story both on Tatooine and Czerka corporation, but also in the Sith Inquisitor story and really everything on Belsavis.
  3. We see it again in the Revanties with the Forged Alliances flashpoints. The self-replicating army that Arkous and Darok were building was researched mostly by the Selkath scientist reverse engineering the Rakatan tech left behind on Manaan and not due to the scientists innate Force sensitivity

Therefore I think its established in game that its quite plausible that the Eternal Fleet is a purely technological construct, and doesn't require Force-sensitivity to command, even if we (wrongly, in my opinion) assume no strengthened connection to the Force remains for tech-class-based Outlanders post Valkorion's obliteration. Furthermore, even if the Fleet was engineered with a specific Force-based technology, it could still be operable by non-Force-sensitives with enough technical modifications.

Edited by phalczen