Why Bowdaar?!

DomiSotto

Okay, everyone posts outraged posts about all the new things that are coming, so I am going to shout out mine:

I want new companion customizations more than anything else! BUT....

WHY BOWDAAR?! WHY?!!!

There are so many companions who need new custom overlays (ARIC!!!! The only UGLY Cathar in the Galaxy & the only alien romance for a female PC), not to mention the overlays that would change human/near-human companions into other species (see the only alien romance for a female PC) or Guss into a Nautolan (because that would be AWSOME!!!), why on Earth Bowdaar? A Wookie is a Wookie is a Wookie!!!!

Alright, if you always wanted Bowdaar customization, I apologize. :)

P.S: Or, if Bowdaar's Romance is coming, again, I apologize. I suppose it's one way to save on voicing. :p

Edited by DomiSotto

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certain sources state that we are getting a Wookie NPC quest giver for the next part of Forged Alliances.

My guess is that the new customization is to make Bowdarr look like this NPC.

Another Aric customization would be good though. I can't find any that I really like.

Oh, I like Bowdaar, I just think there is more urgent needs (=profits for Bio) in the companion customization department. Plus everyone complains about the things I don't understand... I figured I'd complain about the only one I do :D Edited by DomiSotto

I find all Aric's customization very ugly. All other males at least have very different sets not just recolors of the same 9even if they are boring humans). So, a couple of conventionally attractive Cathars, to look more like that Jedi Master on Tython who takes the baby off your hands would be well, nice.

I haven't got to Scorpio yet, but Guss = Nautolan would have brighten my day today. As well as Iresso as a Miri or a Torguta... it's probably too late for Riggs for me (though if it was available today, I might still benefit), but I will buy an alien customizations for Androncus, Doc, Torian, Mal and whichever one I have forgotten about. EDIT: Ah, Vector. Can't do much about him, I suppose.

Edited by DomiSotto

I find all Aric's customization very ugly. All other males at least have very different sets not just recolors of the same. So, a couple of conventionally attractive Cathars, to look more like that Jedi Master on Tython who takes the baby off your hands would be well, nice.

Firstly: One Cathar, many Cathar.

Secondly: That guy is 'conventionally attractive'? Seriously? oô I mean, I won't call him ugly, but... conventionally attractive?

I'd wager that people with fur all over their body are rarely what could be considered 'conventionally attractive' :p

Edited by Wylf

Hey, in the SW verse a Cathar or a Twi'lek can be conventionally attractive. :)

Bowdaar doesn't need customization. Goggles-Bowdaar is in the game already.

Goggles-Bowdaar is best Bowdaar.

Agreed, but Bio obviously did not, since we have a new custom overlay coming for him. In turquoise-colored armor.

Edited by DomiSotto

I love the new customization. Being cheap like I am, I bought two of them, one for my main Gunslinger and the other for my Scoundrel.

There is one fairly similar in the game already, which is sold by the Security Vendor(?) on Ilum but this one looks just... Wicked IMHO. Best customization they've released for a companion since Vanilla for me. :cool:

Bowdaar doesn't need customization. Goggles-Bowdaar is in the game already.

Goggles-Bowdaar is best Bowdaar.

/thread

Nein. :mad:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I feel your pain. I have been on the "add more companion customizations" bandwagon for a very long time. Since I play multiples of each class, I would love to have good looking variants of each companion. I was excited when they put some in the cartel rep. vendor, but they are all, to my eyes, ugly. Then they finally started adding them to packs and we get the ship droids, T-7, Khem, soon Bowdaar. Odd choices, none that are exciting by any means. They are going to put some other companions as rewards in the slots event. Yay! But again, they are all uglier than the originals. Boo!

I wish they would do a companion customization design contest! LotRO did that for horses and it was a lot of fun.

I too feel your pain, OP. I like Bowdaar, and his new customization is awesome. I bought it for my Scoundrel. But with the non-human-like Companions (droids, Blizz, etc), their customizations don't make as big of a difference to me 'cause it is usually the same face/structure with different colors and/or armor. Which is fine, and can really freshen up their appearance. But I get more excited to see customizations for the human-like Companions because they can change their look from "eew" to "nice".

I have been on the "add more companion customizations" bandwagon for a very long time. Since I play multiples of each class, I would love to have good looking variants of each companion. I was excited when they put some in the cartel rep. vendor, but they are all, to my eyes, ugly. Then they finally started adding them to packs and we get the ship droids, T-7, Khem, soon Bowdaar. Odd choices, none that are exciting by any means. They are going to put some other companions as rewards in the slots event. Yay! But again, they are all uglier than the originals. Boo!

^ Pretty much this!

I seem to have a harder time finding nice looking customizations for the guys than the girls, too, and sometimes I think Bioware is teasing me. Oh, you want a customization for Doc that isn't an old guy that probably has sleazy facial hair? Here you go! Enjoy the green mohawk! >.<

Hopefully, they will start adding more customizations for the human-like Companions to the packs too. *crosses fingers*

And, non-human species changes for the humans TOO!

My wet dream is the flexible appearance companion customization.

Just open the damnable terminal for the companions without unlocking the race to the PC! Extra CC for species change (I can deal with Rona being related to Riggs through marriage not by blood, during the 5 min of the game (out of 3+ months playing with him) his species might have slight bearing on the story), less CCs to shave off the "I am a sleaze, dontccha know it?" beard off Doc, and super-CCs for making them Premium races like Torguta (then I can happily abandon my M!Inquisitor) and Nautolan (that species can make even Doc appeal).

And, at least one customization where Vector has shiny black eyes. Nautolan can, so the Joiner can too. Yep. Everyone creates lore all the time. We can do too.

Finally Guss as Nautolan is sooooo obvious and so fun! I mean, Kit Fess who did not make it, yes, yes? Anyone else is feeling it?!

But again, they are all uglier than the originals. Boo!

Linkie to the preview?

Edited by DomiSotto

And, non-human species changes for the humans TOO!

My wet dream is the flexible appearance companion customization.

Just open the damnable terminal for the companions without unlocking the race to the PC! Extra CC for species change (I can deal with Rona being related to Riggs through marriage not by blood, during the 5 min of the game (out of 3+ months playing with him) his species might have slight bearing on the story), less CCs to shave off the "I am a sleaze, dontccha know it?" beard off Doc, and super-CCs for making them Premium races like Torguta (then I can happily abandon my M!Inquisitor) and Nautolan (that species can make even Doc appeal).

And, at least one customization where Vector has shiny black eyes. Nautolan can, so the Joiner can too. Yep. Everyone creates lore all the time. We can do too.

Finally Guss as Nautolan is sooooo obvious and so fun! I mean, Kit Fess who did not make it, yes, yes? Anyone else is feeling it?!

Linkie to the preview?

I would love a Vector with shiny black eyes. I also wish we could play as Nautolans or Togruda. I would so roll a Nautolan smuggler if I could. I haven't got Guss so have no clue what he's like. But Doc is my fave companion, and he's perfect as is. I actually rolled a female Jedi again just so I could play through the romance. Might have to roll another to play through it again. :o

Oh, I am the opposite - I really do not want to play JK because I don't want to romance Doc - I see him now and again as my hubby's companion. Wish one could romance Scourge or Rusk. Maybe I will be blown away (I mean, Iresso is nice even if Zenith is better).

Speaking of Iresso, a different African customization for him would be great, where he looks a bit more mature but still attractive (there are a few Jedi masters/SIS agents using it). Mirialian or Torguta would be best obviously!

I don't think they have another face for a whatever species Rusk has :( They did 3 recolors on Ashara though and Gault has a bit of variations. So, it is probably doable. Hmm?

I haven't got Guss so have no clue what he's like.

He is a healer, he is funny, with some bits of surprising depth. If he were a Naut, Riggs would be given a LoA. Unless Riggs was Twi'lek, then my heart is either broken...

Edited by DomiSotto