Please remove the Monumental Crystal Requirement on the Masterwork Mainhand+Offhand

MSpectre

I don't see this weekly catching on for many people for whatever reason.

Give raiders some other neat reward if you have to.(258 gear, decos, whatever)

Also drop the 50 ranked solo to 20 games or less. Way too much fuss imo.

OR

Add an alternate method to complete that weekly. (30 games played unranked, etc)

Thanks.

Edited by MSpectre

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

While I understand the desire to put up a reasonable barrier to get 258 main and offhand, based on my experience with the VM Queen boss today, it's one that seems too steep.

If a player wants to go the ranked PVP route instead, queue pops are simply not practical to get to 50 in a week (yes, wins count for 5, but, in solo ranked, you're not really in much control over whether you win or not).

Adding a method that still takes effort but can be completed aside from the Operation boss on VM each week reliably would be welcome.

After all, 258 gear is to keep us busy in general anyway, right? Even players in all-guild groups are going to have a lot of difficulty clearing the VM Queen boss.

Example of possible alternatives:

- Clearing a certain number of MM FPs that aren't the easy, low-level ones

- Winning a certain number of GSF matches

- Adding an option that takes more than a week to complete but is intended for more casual players (like, say, complete the Ossus weekly 3 times for 1 monumental crystal; or completing a certain number of Ossus heroics)

- Changing the rewards for SM Queen such that it is a slower but still viable method to get the 258 main and offhand (i.e. multiple SM Queen kills for 1 Monumental crystal)

All of these or other options allow for a slower but still viable path to getting the 258 main and offhands. Folks that are more organized or just better at certain parts of the game will still have a much easier and quicker route to the same end.

Edited by arunav

OR

Add an alternate method to complete that weekly. (30 games played unranked, etc)

Thanks.

Or add a third option.

My main who I like to gear is a lightning sorcerer. Whilst I can enter ranked, I know there is no point because I'd be useless as lightning sorcerers have no place in ranked - our damage output is invisible and because our defensive cooldowns are so long we are the number one target for everyone. I tried one game in ranked yesterday (been avoiding it for years). I will never enter it again. It was the nightmare I had been expecting and hostile as hell.

The other option - the VM raid is also out for me. Realistically only seasoned raiders are going to be able to complete the VM OP for the weekly. I was surprised so many people were spamming chat trying to get into a group for the quest - did they not read that VM was the requirement?

Yes, I know I don't need the high level off hand but I want it :D So third option would be good - master mode flashpoints or chapters for example. But I dream. In reality as a solo player I have no business even looking at the new weapon or offhand :rolleyes:

Adding new content that's only in reach for hardcore gamers in guilds full of other hardcore gamers is quite the slap in the face to the vast majority of paying customers who don't fit that profile.

What do you need an overpowered MH/OH for exactly, if you arnt a "hardcore" gamer and therefor dont paticipate in "hardcore" content?

How is that a slap in the face? Play much/good -> get good rewards. Play less -> get less rewards.

This game is free-to-play, not pay-to-win.....not yet.

You cant just demand highest rewards just because you are "a paying customer".

Actually, the demands of paying customers are the best possible feedback. By telling the devs what we expect for our money, they can decide whether it's worth retaining our money or not.

If we just take whatever they give us and unsub without providing such feedback, they will continue to aimlessly fumble around in the dark, which seems to be the strategy lately.

Of course, you didn't put much thought into your comments because you merely wanted to be an insulting ******* rather than make a cogent point.

Edited by MorseGod

What do you need an overpowered MH/OH for exactly, if you arnt a "hardcore" gamer and therefor dont paticipate in "hardcore" content?

How is that a slap in the face? Play much/good -> get good rewards. Play less -> get less rewards.

Completely agree with this guy, you don’t need the best weapons if you aren’t doing the most challenging content.

Also, “I just don’t see it catching on for some reason” isn’t a very compelling argument from OP.

Actually, the demands of paying customers are the best possible feedback. By telling the devs what we expect for our money, they can decide whether it's worth retaining our money or not.

If we just take whatever they give us and unsub without providing such feedback, they will continue to aimlessly fumble around in the dark, which seems to be the strategy lately.

Of course, you didn't put much thought into your comments because you merely wanted to be an insulting ******* rather than make a cogent point.

if you just complain about how you dont get what you want and all you base your point on is that you are a paying customer, while not providing any reasonablr solution, one of us is indeed a ******** (whatever you wanted to name me here for telling the truth). but its definitly not me, tho.

to attack me on a personal level for pointing out what the concept of your monthly payment actualy is, instead of making a reasonable point, wont bring any dev to read your "feedback" at all.

whatever your definition of "hardcore gamer" might be, if you dont want or not able to put in the effort to beat content like the queen, you simply dont need a BiS MH/OH for game progression purposes (hell nobody apparantly does, since the hardest content got cleared without them allready).

you being a sub gives you the CHANCE to EARN such things by playing, you are NOT buying every ingame item with your 12$/m.

A year ago some people asked me why I, a solo player, wanted to get BiS gear, because I’ll never do HM content. Now I regularly doing HM ops. So you can't know if a some player really needs BiS it or not. Although 248 is more than enough for most HM operations and new Queen Boss is very boring in comparison with the brilliant mechanics of old operations.

I agree, but since as a 90% paying PvPer and in order to fully gear a toon to be competitive and fun in PvP I will need the main weapon, then all this falls. The problem arises when you need the gear for PvP. That is why PvP gear removed in 5.0 was a mess and huge loss of sub based players to the game (me included).

if you just complain about how you dont get what you want and all you base your point on is that you are a paying customer, while not providing any reasonablr solution, one of us is indeed a ******** (whatever you wanted to name me here for telling the truth). but its definitly not me, tho.

to attack me on a personal level for pointing out what the concept of your monthly payment actualy is, instead of making a reasonable point, wont bring any dev to read your "feedback" at all.

whatever your definition of "hardcore gamer" might be, if you dont want or not able to put in the effort to beat content like the queen, you simply dont need a BiS MH/OH for game progression purposes (hell nobody apparantly does, since the hardest content got cleared without them allready).

you being a sub gives you the CHANCE to EARN such things by playing, you are NOT buying every ingame item with your 12$/m.

Your argument boils down to "shut up, casual player." That's it. It's just an elitist insult to anyone that doesn't play like you.

Who the hell are you to decide what anyone else in the game needs or doesn't need? The "need" argument itself falls apart on its face because you have to DO the most challenging content to get the reward that you claim is only NEEDED for the most challenging content. Well, if you did the content without it in order to get it, then you clearly don't need it, either.

Frankly, none of us NEED anything in the game. It's a video game. It's a product that provides us entertainment in exchange for money. Every single player has every right and good reason to tell the devs what they expect for their money.

The entire problem could be solved with using a single currency for everything. Casual players might have to grind the content they like a lot longer to earn the creds for stuff they want, but it would still be obtainable simply by playing the game. That's what the devs' goal should be: paying players. It's absolutely irrelevant from a business perspective what kind of content those paying players choose to enjoy, so it's absolutely pointless to keep herding people toward content they don't enjoy.

The "you don't need that" crowd are simply people who measure parts of their anatomy based on their gear rating, and it would hurt their fragile egos immensely if others could get that gear for playing differently, for whatever reason they may want it. If some casual wants perfect gear to shave another 10 seconds off grinding heroics every day, who am I to argue with that? Their money is as good as mine, and the devs need to recognize that.

I agree. It's bad enough SM drops 252 now. Something a lot of people seem to forget is how little gear in this game matters especially if you don't do HM/NIM prog raiding.

To all those whining about not being able to get 258 MH/OH cause you can't complete HM of the new raid, then you don't need it! Honestly nobody needs it all of GODS NIM was completed without it! So having one is just a slight DPS increase meant to help a few other groups clear GODS NIM. You don't need full 258 gear to do RP, Flashpoints or Heroics so get over yourselves everyone complaining.

Edited by GhOsTPrOz

Option # whatever we are up to now: Simply make the mainhand and off hand be purchasable for a larger number of Masterwork crystals....15 MCs for example.

That would still put it out of quick reach for the "casual" group, but be obtainable as it would be possible to get in 4 weeks of running both MC quests and trading in UCs for MCs, but probably longer as most are not going to have 1500 UCs to trade for MCs each week. And that is assuming you are already at full 258 gear, which few, if any "casual" players would be, so they would have to weigh the value of spending that many MCs for the main/off hand vs upgrading another 252 piece to 258.

For the raiders, the VM boss run two weeks and they have their mainhand. In 4 weeks they have both, faster than most, if any casual player would have one.

Edited by jediloki

Your argument boils down to "shut up, casual player." That's it. It's just an elitist insult to anyone that doesn't play like you.

Who the hell are you to decide what anyone else in the game needs or doesn't need? The "need" argument itself falls apart on its face because you have to DO the most challenging content to get the reward that you claim is only NEEDED for the most challenging content. Well, if you did the content without it in order to get it, then you clearly don't need it, either.

Frankly, none of us NEED anything in the game. It's a video game. It's a product that provides us entertainment in exchange for money. Every single player has every right and good reason to tell the devs what they expect for their money.

The entire problem could be solved with using a single currency for everything. Casual players might have to grind the content they like a lot longer to earn the creds for stuff they want, but it would still be obtainable simply by playing the game. That's what the devs' goal should be: paying players. It's absolutely irrelevant from a business perspective what kind of content those paying players choose to enjoy, so it's absolutely pointless to keep herding people toward content they don't enjoy.

The "you don't need that" crowd are simply people who measure parts of their anatomy based on their gear rating, and it would hurt their fragile egos immensely if others could get that gear for playing differently, for whatever reason they may want it. If some casual wants perfect gear to shave another 10 seconds off grinding heroics every day, who am I to argue with that? Their money is as good as mine, and the devs need to recognize that.

im insulting nobody here. i just pointed out that paying for a game doesnt automaticly give you the right to demand easier ways to get stuff. they provide you some ways to get BiS, if you decide to not do them, you should ask yourself if the money is worth it. Its YOUR decision, not theirs. if they realize that the majority of players cant beat the content and decide to make it easier to bring back or hold subs to the game: fine. but as you might realized already: you migjt be the minority here, rendering your payment argument irrelevant.

and i tell you one thing: there are lots of people out there and much more that left already, who expect the game to be challenging and gonna get bored fast if all rewards can be obtained too easily. they have the same right to speak up as you do, ofc.

all i wanted to make clear is: s.o. cant just sit there and cry out loud that content would be to hard, and they want it easier because they are paying for it. thats not how any of this works.

and believe me or not: i'm far away from beating the queen and get those great BiS weapons myself. but i understand that im not paying for easy ways to reach my goals ingame, but to have a challenging, exciting experience and the whole content available whatever i decide to play.

you got 2 ways to get the MH: beat the queen, or play ranked. one pve, one pvp. one of them might be harder then the other, but thats all we could ask for. nobody is forcing a PVPer to do OPs, and no PVE player needs to do ranked to get BiS. if you do just story: fine, great to have you here. but let me give you an advice: dont bother with gear you dont need anyway and enjoy your journey. dont cry for easier content to ruin the experience for others who enjoy "hard" content. these are paying customers as well.

Edited by mrphstar

I have to agree- when you are spending much on your gear and it's always into legacy pieces, you're number crunching- figuring out how much a stat anyone else could run easily becomes an issue of diminishing returns because of latency and figuring out every avenue to get the most out of your class and gear- I mean, the PvP crowd are the only ones with the rights to complain. I'm still wondering what anyone, outside of raiding and PvP, needs with 258 main/offhand.

The worst thing for me is that my main's mirror class has different main and offhand- it's life. I'm hoping to get away with having a 258 set bonus with 248 relics to run it (252 ear/implants/main offhand) to run it because that'll make the grind easier since I'd really like to keep my total grind down because the crazy thing is for people, I've been looking forward to this since before knowing about the main or offhand. I want to be able to enjoy this boss for a while.

I think 6.0 needs expertise gear in warzones again or some sort of gear sync that caps the level of gear brought in but as for people who don't play PvP or raid- the 258 main/offhand are completely useless, you aren't missing out and you should be focused on those stupid decoration requirements than overkill weapons.

I was actually laughing at the General chat last night. "x dps Monumental". Over, and over. I know most of those had no idea what the OP was about, the mechanics, etc. Hardly any groups were being made, just usual people popping on and immediately LFG for that quest. You know they had no idea what the OP was, when they couldn't even answer 'where is the entrance point?' so you know they didn't read any guide. If they had, they would have immediately shut up knowing completing this quest with a PUG group will pretty much be impossible.

Then you would see someone make a pug group for a veteran OP. You know how well that went. Then people getting made, hoping someone who had some clue or trick about the OP would make one, and hope to 'ride their Sith Robes/Jedi Cloaks' to an easy completion.

I guess thats the problem with the two world bosses, where your OP group can actually be successful with the two bosses with a third of the people dying, as long as you had some good healers and tanks who know what they are doing. Most of the deaths are the DPS'ers, who just shoot/hit anything as being a healer or tank takes some effort to do rotations around properly.

You cannot 'faceroll' this Queen.

watch tonight's General chat. It will happen again.

And then, complaints about not being able to get the Mon crystals, and wanting different ways that they can 'faceroll.' Or find easier to do.

Me, I'll wait. 252/Augemented isnt that far off from 258. I'll wait for the next round of gear grinding.

Edited by Taurax
lost a line

OR

Thanks.

About 3 hours trying to beat the Queen this morning. we went thru 7 players thru out that time and still we couldnt kill that Freakin Queen. Finally the Op leader says screw it call it a day and that was fine by me.

This isnt gonna fly DEVS Pump the breaks a lot on this one. Come up with an easier & better way, with out just giving it to us. Please................

Adding new currencies every couple of patches isn't helping the game, in general.

A single currency would already give the devs a way to herd people toward the content they're trying to hype (which I think is a bad idea on its face, but seems to be the norm for game developers), and it would also give every player the ability to eventually get anything they want if they're willing to grind long enough.

To push certain types of content, devs would simply have to make the credit rewards for those things better than other content that they aren't hyping. Content of similar risk or difficulty could have similar rewards. Casual, solo PvE content would simply be worth less. The casual solo player, however, could conceivably grind enough of that stuff to buy whatever they want.

The only thing that should really be gated behind specific content are trophies and titles that signify doing a particular thing. For everything else, an entirely credit-based, open economy would work fine.

Adding new currencies every couple of patches isn't helping the game, in general.

A single currency would already give the devs a way to herd people toward the content they're trying to hype (which I think is a bad idea on its face, but seems to be the norm for game developers), and it would also give every player the ability to eventually get anything they want if they're willing to grind long enough.

To push certain types of content, devs would simply have to make the credit rewards for those things better than other content that they aren't hyping. Content of similar risk or difficulty could have similar rewards. Casual, solo PvE content would simply be worth less. The casual solo player, however, could conceivably grind enough of that stuff to buy whatever they want.

The only thing that should really be gated behind specific content are trophies and titles that signify doing a particular thing. For everything else, an entirely credit-based, open economy would work fine.

The assertion that multiple currencies is a bad idea is a bold one. It’s an industry standard for a reason.

The assertion that multiple currencies is a bad idea is a bold one. It’s an industry standard for a reason.

I can get whatever I want in EVE Online for credits. Seems to work fairly well. When the devs want to try to push people toward specific content, they make it an enormous credit faucet.

By contrast, if I want to get an Umbara SH, I have to grind the Umbara FP over and over. The Umbara FP is really hard on my eyes, and there's plenty of content of reasonably similar difficulty that I'd much prefer to play (even repetitively). And what else can I get for that alliance recon data? A few decos and a suit? All those things could be priced in creds, even if their availability were only unlocked after at least completing the Umbara FP once for story purposes.

The devs are not interested anyway, but here's my suggestion:

- Complete a MM OP of your choice.

or

- Complete 20 rankings

or

- Complete 40 normal war zones

or

- Complete 15 VM FP

A victory in PVP is counted twice.

The same effort and everyone is happy. Except the solo players ....

So many peasants asking for free gear :D

░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄
░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█
░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█
░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█
█▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█
█▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
░█▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█
░░█░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█
░░░█░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█
░░░░█░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░███████░█
░░░░░▀▄░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█
░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░█

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

So many peasants asking for free gear :D

░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄
░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█
░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█
░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█
█▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█
█▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
░█▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█
░░█░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█
░░░█░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█
░░░░█░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░███████░█
░░░░░▀▄░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█
░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░█

lol nice! closest we can get to a gif here I guess.

Let's start a new trend ;)

……………………………………..________
………………………………,.-’”……………….“~.,
………………………..,.-”……………………………..”-.,
…………………….,/………………………………………..”:,
…………………,?………………………………………………\,
………………./…………………………………………………..,}
……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}
……………/……………………………………………,:”………/
…………..?…..__…………………………………..:`………../
…………./__.(…..”~-,_…………………………,:`………./
………../(_….”~,_……..”~,_………………..,:`…….._/