Fix bubble stun now!

theSCARAYone

Yea you know its a problem Bioware, so why the hell haven't you fixed it yet? Yea sure you're going to fix it in 2.0 but that's a whole another damn month or two away. Hell, if all you do to it was make it give the proper amount of resolve then I'd be just dandy. Stop letting people abuse you're exploits.

EDIT: I don't use smash spec btw, its too cheap. Tank jugg and guardian ftw.

Edited by theSCARAYone

Yea you know its a problem Bioware, so why the hell haven't you fixed it yet? Yea sure you're going to fix it in 2.0 but that's a whole another damn month or two away. Hell, if all you do to it was make it give the proper amount of resolve then I'd be just dandy. Stop letting people abuse you're exploits.

no you wouldn't, you'd still be crying to fix it. Those who cry for nerfs always cry for more nerfs even after it was already nerfed.

Jenna'syyde

It just occured to me that.....the dev team may be reacting to it so slowly because...... they, themselves are in fact being perma chain bubble stunned by a premade to stop/postpone the nerfing.....

OMG!?!? We gotta *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz* Stop them from *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz* abusing their overpowered *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz* ability and ruin our fun in War Zo *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

*pops cc break

Haha!, now you're gonna *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

But I just *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

Oh this is just ridiculo *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

*quits WZ

Sorcs can be evil......just sayin'.:D

Edited by WickedImage

It just occured to me that.....the dev team may be reacting to it so slowly because...... they, themselves are in fact being perma chain bubble stunned by a premade to stop/postpone the nerfing.....

OMG!?!? We gotta *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz* Stop them from *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz* abusing their overpowered *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz* ability and ruin our fun in War Zo *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

*pops cc break

Haha!, now you're gonna *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

But I just *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

Oh this is just ridiculo *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

*quits WZ

Sorcs can be evil......just sayin'.:D

Wait till 2.0 goes live. All the bad melee will be crying for Sage/Sorc nerfs all over like it was before the 1.2 nerfs

Jenna'syyde

At the moment most healers use it to try and survive for more than a few seconds against smashers. And even though it is OP, it doesn't work against ranged and more balanced groups. If I roll against teams of 6 smashers, they deserve to be perma-stunned.

But to be honest I like it that it will be available only to the caster, they idea is that he/she survives to actually heal the group for a bit.

I would love to see these statistics that you are talking about.

LERN TWO RAED. I said idiocy.

i know what you said but I cant LERN since i don't know what that is. My point is bads cry for nerfs, those with skill learn to work with what they have. I showed you the stats already. Take any nerf thread on this forum since it opened. I guarantee you will see the same people crying for nerfs. Nerfs ruin games. When you nerf for pvp it effects pve and vice versa. This game had extremely good balance when it launched. There were a few broken mechanics but class wise it was pretty solid. But then the bads rushed the forums talking aboot how way OP Merc/Mandos were. I mean all they had to do was use interrupt and the merc/mando shriveled up like a prune. They cried how OP Sage/Sorcs were because they would top damage charts, But in reality we weren't over powered people just ignored us and let us free cast. Operative/Scoundrels got it the worst. I mean their whole point was to be able to pop out of stealth and quickly kill a target then vanish. And they did that very well. But bads just said no its not fair I gots killed. Then of course there was the bad marauder/sentinels who cried we are so weak please buff us. But anyone who knew anything aboot this game knew they were fine as is. Most were just really bad at the class. If people would just start being honest with themselves aboot their skill level then maybe games wouldn't constantly be getting gutted. I mean not everyone can be top dog. Some of us will be in the middle or the bottom. Its just the way things work.

Jenna'syyde

EDIt: PS I run a full balance sage. I do not use stun bubble. So TYVM HaND

Edited by rlamela

On the caster it self is fine, but it becomes a problem when it is applied to every one and can be click off.

Agreed. And analogous to that: Smash on the target only is fine, but it becomes a problem when it is applied to every one and can be spammed by 5 monkeys in a row.

So let's fix both, or none.

Smash was never a problem before it was inexplicably buffed. Bioware should have rolled back all that crap immediately (minus the animation fix). Just like they should have fixed the bubble immediately (correct resolve, no clicking off). It's embarrassing that they did neither.

Can we stop with the personal attacks? This is one of the reasons that EAWare rolls their eyes and then promptly forgets everything we post here, providing they don't delete the thread outright.

I operate full Madness, all the time, but I may try out the bubble specs after 2.0 touches down. I'm hoping I would still be able to give my team mates 'standard' bubbles - if not, it probably isn't worth it.

EDIT: I don't use smash spec btw, its too cheap. Tank jugg and guardian ftw.

Exploit really?

And while the bubble stun gets nerfed, smash continues his retard career with the new crit scaling, even worse than before

Like you sayed to someone:

Be careful, your idiocy is showing. You may want to cover that up.

Same to you

Edited by Never_Hesitate

^^^

This. It should have been changed so that if it was clicked off by the player, there would be no stun.

I'm actually ok with being able to click off the stun bubble manually since it will be caster only come 2.0. Not sure why people are asking for class changes at all knowing full well there won't be any until 2.0 launches.

^^^

This. It should have been changed so that if it was clicked off by the player, there would be no stun.

As a former bubble stunner, I ALWAYS thought and supported the idea that bubbles shouldn't be able to be voluntarily removed as it stands currently in live.

That said, with it being caster only in 2.0, I'm not horribly against it.

Edited by islander

I don't know how in hell sages/sorcs managed to convince people they are underpowered... I hate this class with a passion, running around like little rats all over the playfield...

They have great damage, survivability, heals, mobility... Stop crying for god's sake!

It occurred to me that all these threads revolve around 2 damn classes: smashers, that rape everyone else in same manner and poor little sages, that cry they can't stay alive against 5 smashers (just like every other freaking class, for that matter), so they try to justify the ENORMITY that is bubble stun right now (people are crying for a FIX, not a NERF... bubble stun is broken and doesn't add enough resolve, you can get bubble stunned like 6 times in a row).

Well guess what... not everyone plays these ****** and broken specs, just people who don't know/can't do better.

I am ashamed of what BioWare stands for. I am ashamed I pay and support their game, when they spit me in my face everyday I log in and see the same **** for 6 months now. I am ashamed I love this game, yet BioWare pisses all over the customers who refuse to play these broken specs.

All I can hope for is that after BioWare milks everyone with their cash shop, they will sell this beautiful game to a decent developer.

Or that they die screaming, in hell, and the IP goes to a decent developer; plenty of them out there.

Wait till 2.0 goes live. All the bad melee will be crying for Sage/Sorc nerfs all over like it was before the 1.2 nerfs

Jenna'syyde

Template for anyone that missed the run up to that massacre:

ZOMFUDGAH *BROKEN* Way OP How __ FAILED The END is Nigh!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!!!!1111

If I roll against teams of 6 smashers, they deserve to be perma-stunned.

No, their smashers will all have stun bubbles, and it will be you who gets perma-stunned. That is, the 3 seconds, after which you're dead.

The stun bubble ruins everybody's game. No one should be defending it.

No, their smashers will all have stun bubbles, and it will be you who gets perma-stunned. That is, the 3 seconds, after which you're dead.

The stun bubble ruins everybody's game. No one should be defending it.

The multi bubble stun will be nerfed in 2.0 anyway, and nobody is defending it. So this topic is pointless. Smash on the other hand ruins everybody's game too, but will remain for everybody to enjoy.

Edited by Cretinus

no you wouldn't, you'd still be crying to fix it. Those who cry for nerfs always cry for more nerfs even after it was already nerfed.

Jenna'syyde

or they...you know...leave WZs. ;)

I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be able to 'activate' anything while stunned, but you're able to pop a bubble anyway. I'm also pretty sure that the resolve cost for a stun is supposed to be different from that of a mezz of the same duration. and by pretty sure, I mean I'm pretty sure that's what BW had in mind for the game's meta. I think they just screwed the pooch royally and haven't bothered to fix it.

a few months ago, a dev did say that the application of bubble-stun to other ops members was probably a bad idea (or something to that effect). while I thoroughly agree that that is the worst part of bubble-stun, the former issues really do look - to me - like oversights rather than intentional/purposeful decisions.

Edited by foxmob