FTP Sith Warrior Attack Glitch

DirtyBirds

So i got my friend on the game and he downloaded it from the website. he chose sith warrior. i bought the discs and we both started a game together. At one point his SW just wouldnt attack any more. I dont mean the rage attks either, like the normal attacks. When he tries he says it gives him the "insufficient range" notification on the screen, even if he is right up on the guy. Any help for this???

Rage is like "energy" or "ammo" for Sith Warriors.

Some attacks build rage (e.g. Assault, Sundering Assault)

Some attacks cost rage (e.g. Vicious Slash, Saber Throw)

Some attacks are free (e.g. Ravage)

Some abilities that aren't attacks can build rage (e.g. Enrage)

Rage is tracked with a yellow bar just below your health bar. When you have no rage, you should use abilities that build rage. Part of the skill in using your Sith Warrior is building your range, then spending it on high-powered attacks at the right time.

Cheers.

Edited by Khevar

Rage is like "energy" or "ammo" for Sith Warriors.

Some attacks build rage (e.g. Assault, Sundering Assault)

Some attacks cost rage (e.g. Vicious Slash, Saber Throw)

Some attacks are free (e.g. Ravage)

Some abilities that aren't attacks can build rage (e.g. Enrage)

Rage is tracked with a yellow bar just below your health bar. When you have no rage, you should use abilities that build rage. Part of the skill in using your Sith Warrior is building your range, then spending it on high-powered attacks at the right time.

Cheers.

Way to not even answer the question.... next time read a little

anyways, to the op, i have never heard of a problem like this before

what i would do in a situation like this is:

1: completely log out, than back in

or

2: do the repair on the launcher

if neither of those helps, contact customer service and hope they actually answer you.

Edited by thatPERSON

Way to not even answer the question.... next time read a little

anyways, to the op, i have never heard of a problem like this before

what i would do in a situation like this is:

1: completely log out, than back in

or

2: do the repair on the launcher

if neither of those helps, contact customer service and hope they actually answer you.

Oops, you're right, I misread the OP.

Way to be a complete d**k about it -- I was actually trying to be helpful. Next time try not to s**t on people posting in the forums.

This has been happening on my Marauder for a couple of days now, although not constantly.Maybe once or twice every gaming session. I remember it happening in the past also.

The only thing I can suggest is to back up on your self while fighting if it happens again. It seems to work for me, as if its reseting the distance between your target and your self. Also does it while force leaping. I seem to land a good distance from my target and have to move in order for the game to reset the distance to how it should be.

It's no big deal while questing and was some thing that seemed to disapear over time the last time it happended.

Edited by VoidGlider

• 1 year later...

Hello. I've been playing this game some time now and I subscribed few weeks ago. I have been playing many storylines on both sides and started Sith Warrior today. I quickly encountered this bug and only way I was able to get rid of it was to log out and then play some other character, which had no glitch like this. When I then restarted Sith Warrior again it was back to normal (at least after I duplicated attack commands to my quick bar). Logging out and in didn't help alone- I had to play another of my characters. I don't know if playing another characters was the answer, since right after I logged back in I decided to duplicate attack commands just in case and then it started to work. Don't know which one solved the prob, but I'm glad it worked.

No other storylines had has this severe attack-glitches so this seems to be issue of this Sith Warrior- class and a very frustrating one:mad:. "Insufficient range" when I'm standing very close to the enemy (definitely at range) and I cannot harm it at all:rak_02:. Force Charge worked normally and after that striking and slashing also worked but only for that enemy I charged- others were "out of range" and they were able to attack me normally:(. My level 5 character was killed by level 1 k'lor'slugs because of this bug:confused:. Changing aim to others or myself doesn't help- evading enemies doesn't help- quick travel doesn't help.

So if anyone knows what is causing this and what is easiest way to get rid of it I would appreciate help. Hopefully this glitch cannot spread to other characters at least...

Edited by Swashbucklerjedi

Either you guys need to double check the error message that comes up or i'm not getting the same error messages as all of you. The error messages you will commonly see at low levels for a Sith Warrior are:

Insufficient Rage

Out of Range: Move Closer

Not Ready Yet

Since Insufficient Range and Insufficient Rage are pretty close, i'm thinking you guys are misreading it. And if you guys are sure of what you saw, then i think you need to go back in game and read it again. Something isnt matching up so its hard to say exactly what the issue is. OR you give us all the exact name of the attacks you are using, the exact condition you are attempting to use it in, the exact slot that attack ability is occupying in your hotbar and exactly how you are activating it.

For activation are you left clicking an enemy on the screen? are you right clicking an enemy on the screen? are you left clicking the ability on the hotbar? you right clicking the ability on the hotbar? or are you pressing the number or key associated with that hotbar slot? Abilities obviously have names, so dont say "some melee attack" or "my charge attack". Are you using "Assault", are you using "Vicious Slash" are you using "Force Charge? how much rage do you have on your resource bar (aka mana bar).

I mention all that so that we can A) make sure that you are playing the sith warrior properly since it is very common for new players to try and use an attack like Vicious Slash which consumes rage when they have no rage (rage is build up with attacks like assault and force charge). But also B) if it is in fact a bug and you didnt actually see the error message and just went along with what the OP said (which is fine) then naming the exact sequence and the exact names of your abilities will make it easier for other people to replicate the bug. A while back there was an issue with force charge for sith warriors and jedi knights and the devs did look into it. But they needed to know exactly what was wrong, what the buggy behavior was and what ability was causing it.

EDIT: i would also say that if you have room on your roster, roll a jedi knight and see if you get the same issues. BUT pay attention to the error messages that pop up when you are trying to do certain things.

Edited by swtonewbie

*snip*

As swtonewbie pointed out, "Insufficient Range" is not an error message the game gives out, only "Out of Range" and "Insufficient Rage", Rage being the resource the Warrior needs to use most of his abilities. Rage is build up by using the standard Warrior attack (1 on the quickbar the first time you play the character) before choosing an advanced class.

The "Insufficient Rage" thing is most common to happen to people new to the game who attack enemies by right-clicking them. Right-clicking enemies causes you to employ the ability that takes up slot 1 in your quickbar. What happens most of the time is that people have taken the standard attack away from 1 because their other attack "does more damage" and they didn't know about the restriction.

So, check if you have your standard attack in slot 1 on the quickbar. Or better yet, if you fight by right-clicking enemies, stop it and start smashing the buttons on the quickbar, it's much easier :D

Didn't encounter bug yesterday when I played. It may be that message was "insufficient rage" now that I think about it, but for some reason I am quite sure it actually said "range" which is odd by itself:confused:..... anyway I was using standard attack and that should never be out of rage but it didn't work that was the thing. I fight with right clicking and buttons both really:p but neither one didn't work. There was definitely something wrong- I'm not doing such noob mistakes like removing my attack slot... not anymore:cool: I checked that and I many times even had enough rage for slash and yet it (or attack) didn't respond.

I'll be sure to check the message if I encounter this glitch again. Thanks for replying:D

.... anyway I was using standard attack and that should never be out of rage but it didn't work

And what was the name of this 'standard attack'? Maybe you could humor me and tell me exactly what the name of it is as shown on the ability tooltip, instead of making me (us) guess?

EDIT: you say standard attack and you say it should never be out of rage. But if by 'standard attack' you are talking about "Assault" of course it will never be out of rage, thats because it doesnt use rage...it builds rage. See this is why you shouldnt mince words...when reporting issues with bugs you have to be specific about what it is you are having trouble with and what is wrong. You could be a veteran, you could be a noob, you could be an idiot, you could be a genious i dont know. English may not be your primary language, your definition of 'standard attack' may be different from mine or a dev. Thats why you want to be specific and leave nothing up for interpretation.

Edited by swtonewbie

Yes I meant "Assault" when I said Standard attack- didn't remember the name since I play many units and all have differently named but similarly working attack that hits the enemy and builds the stamina (rage). If I encounter this bug again I will report with exact names to make this easier for you to analyze;).

If I remember right the glitch was that assault didn't build rage but error message "insufficient rage" appeared and all attacks (except Force Charge) gave the same message. I read it "Range" I think- many times over in fact- because that long range attack worked it made it easy to think that issue was with range rather than rage:D

Edited by Swashbucklerjedi

• 4 years later...