Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An Error Occured : Repair

Jeadeye
02.15.2020 , 12:32 AM | #1
So , when trying to update and install the latest patch 6.1 , it finished downloading the patch. When starting to install though, it didn't get far (21%) before I get "An Error Occurred Updating : Repair (5)" message with a 'Repair' next to this.
I clicked on the REPAIR button to begin repairing.(( Repairing 17 file(s) ))
I have only just reinstalled the game a few days ago after not playing for years and had to download almost 30gb of patch data, which took many hours. But I have been in game and played for 2 days.
THEN this patch update came along and stopped that.
I searched the forums with only a few posts (many years old) , with a similar issue , that didn't offer any help.

After around 4+hours .. the Repair tool gave the message 'Success! All files repaired'
**HOWEVER** - The update restarted , downloaded the patch , began installing ,only to have the exact same error , again !
"An Error Occurred Updating :Repair(5)' So I reluctantly ran the repair scan , AGAIN ..and then the same message ,
'Repair (17files).'
I don't know how to fix this ! It appears to be stuck on something ,that needs to be fixed but ,simply ,isn't, being fixed. . just wasting my time entirely.
Can someone , preferably a dev or forum admin help? Please. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

JediQuaker
02.16.2020 , 11:56 AM | #2
You might have a bad sector(s) on your hard drive. You may need to do a drive scan to repair or lock out the sector(s).

You could also do a "clear CMOS" or BIOS " load defaults" to make sure no BIOS/UEFI settings are causing glitchy USB or SATA ports.

If you have more than one drive, try installing SWTOR on the other drive.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Jeadeye
02.20.2020 , 10:01 PM | #3
Thnx ..I do have 2 hard drives. 1 for windows the other for games and everything else.
The only way I could fix this problem was to completely uninstall SWTOR then reinstall everything again. It fixed the problem and I could play again. Well, at least until another patch came out.
This latest patch is only 15mb and once again I get 'An error occurred updating' Repair (5).
/sigh.. Is there any way to manually download the patch and install it?
As it's pretty clear I'm going to have this issue every single time there is an update patch or anything to download.
I really don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall the entire game for a 15mb patch or every time there is any patch.

JediQuaker
02.21.2020 , 11:25 AM | #4
Well, it still sounds like you may have a bad hard drive. When you delete and re-install, you are basically re-using the same hard drive space. But, when you update, the downloader will copy the patch data to additional areas of the drive before decompressing and replacing the old files. The additional area may have bad sectors.

Since you say you have 2 hard drives, perhaps it's time you upgraded to an SSD anyway. I'd suggest replacing your Windows OS drive with an SSD, and putting SWTOR on the SSD as well. Windows on an SSD is much snappier.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV