Augmented saber?

symke

I apologize if I am repeating the subject but .... :)

I have artifice as my skill and have been upgrading my sabers with it entire trip to 50. Now I have to use BM gear for PVP, but I would like to continue improving my existing saber for PVE purposes.

How do I get schematics for augmented light saber? By RE? Which saber do I have to RE? The ones I made myself or can I just buy some on GM? Do they have to be with mods on when I RE?

Are there any mods with expertise we can add to our gear ourselves?

There are 2 schems you can get for crafted sabres, both are obtained by crew skill missions, although it is much cheaper and easier to buy them on the GTN.

Considering how often one should be using Treasure Hunting for Artifice goods, its quite easy to get it yourself rather than giving someone creds for a schem that's dirt cheap.

To the OP, to get any kind of augmented weapon or item you need to crit craft it.

Edited by DeutschGamer

Considering how often one should be using Treasure Hunting for Artifice goods, its quite easy to get it yourself rather than giving someone creds for a schem that's dirt cheap.

To the OP, to get any kind of augmented weapon or item you need to crit craft it.

Thanks to both of you :)

What does it mean to "crit craft"? Do you mean reverse engineering (RE)? If it's indeed RE you are talking about, does this weapon I am about to RE have to have mods on it when I RE it?

Thanks to both of you :)

What does it mean to "crit craft"? Do you mean reverse engineering (RE)? If it's indeed RE you are talking about, does this weapon I am about to RE have to have mods on it when I RE it?

No, you just have to craft it and hope it crits. The only way to increase the crit chance is to use a companion with max (10k) affection (because no companion exists with +crit chance to Artifice).

And just FYI you cannot RE any of the lightsabers that did not crit, neither normally, nor with mods inside. Best thing to do is just to vendor them, since they will be unsellable.

Edited by Rhaphael

No, you just have to craft it and hope it crits. The only way to increase the crit chance is to use a companion with max (10k) affection (because no companion exists with +crit chance to Artifice).

And just FYI you cannot RE any of the lightsabers that did not crit, neither normally, nor with mods inside. Best thing to do is just to vendor them, since they will be unsellable.

Thanks for you reply.

I apologize again for my poor understanding (must be my age or something :)) but what the hell does it mean "TO CRIT"??????

"And just FYI you cannot RE any of the lightsabers that did not crit" .... this. When does lightsaber CRIT???

"Crit" in this game usually means something about critical chance to hit or similar. What does it mean in crafting? Thank in advance.

Thanks for you reply.

I apologize again for my poor understanding (must be my age or something :)) but what the hell does it mean "TO CRIT"??????

"And just FYI you cannot RE any of the lightsabers that did not crit" .... this. When does lightsaber CRIT???

"Crit" in this game usually means something about critical chance to hit or similar. What does it mean in crafting? Thank in advance.

Any time you craft something you have 2 outcomes. 1) a normal result 2) a critical result. The normal result is just the thing you were crafting without anything extra, the critical result is in the case of wearable gear: the item with an extra augment slot, or in the case of mods: an extra mod (so you get 2 for the cost of 1).

The chance to get a critical result is determined by the skill level of the item you are trying to craft, the current skill level of yourself, the affection level of the companion you are crafting with, and any inherent bonuses that companion may have.

Edited by Rhaphael

When you craft something there is a chance that you will get a critical result. For items such as crystals and enhancements this mean you get two items where you would normally get one. For equipable items such as lightsabers it means you got the item with an extra augment slot.

Your chance of getting that result depends on the difficulty of the craft and the affection of the companion used. In addition some companions have a built-in bonus for some crafts, but no companion has a bonus for artifice critical.

Grey, green and yellow difficulty items have a base 15% and orange difficulty ones have 10%. A companion with 10000 affection will add 5% to this (it scales down from this relative to the amount of affection).

There are some new schematics for lightsabers added in 1.2, Custom-built at level 20 and Elegant Modified at level 50. Both have single and double forms. They come almost empty, just a simple crystal installed. The only difference is cosmetic and that the level 50 is far more expensive to make. There were some level 50 schematics already in game, but they use the grade 7 exotic materials and are ridiculously expensive to make, and again the only difference is cosmetic (though they do come with high level mods installed).

So if you are looking to get a lightsaber with an augment slot, you should craft a bunch of the level 20 ones and hope to get lucky.