Carnage: Pick up rotation mid-fight (pve and pvp)

BanPearson

I know what to do against the dummy, but am not always sure what to do when I "find myself in a situation", for example after a long stun or a pause in a boss fight. Possibly with lots of things off cooldown but no Fury stacks.

Should I just go by Hayete's priority list?

In the situation that I'm without Fury, Frenzy is on CD, and everything else is off-cd I would then:

1. Battering Assault (only if short on Rage)
  2. Massacre (should proc Slaughter because of long pause)
  3. Vicious Throw
  4. Gore (Vicious Throw will hit in Gore window)
  5. Ravage without Berserk
  6. Devastating Blast (probably missing the Gore window)

After that I'd be back in a normal rotation.

And if Frenzy is available, use it and do a normal opener, even if I already have like 20 Fury stacks?

Oh, and what should I do when I end up with full Fury stacks, but Ravage is on a long cooldown?

I'd say:

1. If Frenzy will soon be ready, activate Berserk anyway and do a Gore window without Ravage, then next Gore use Frenzy.
  2. Otherwise save the stacks for the 2nd Gore window.

?

I know what to do against the dummy, but am not always sure what to do when I "find myself in a situation", for example after a long stun or a pause in a boss fight. Possibly with lots of things off cooldown but no Fury stacks.

Should I just go by Hayete's priority list?

In the situation that I'm without Fury, Frenzy is on CD, and everything else is off-cd I would then:

1. Battering Assault (only if short on Rage)
  2. Massacre (should proc Slaughter because of long pause)
  3. Vicious Throw
  4. Gore (Vicious Throw will hit in Gore window)
  5. Ravage without Berserk
  6. Devastating Blast (probably missing the Gore window)

After that I'd be back in a normal rotation.

And if Frenzy is available, use it and do a normal opener, even if I already have like 20 Fury stacks?

Hey there Ban,

In your stated scenario you're spot on, follow the priority system I have laid out. The only thing you have here annotated that I want to correct (this is on me for not better representing it) is that you will not use Ravage without Berserk. It can be done but you have to be very fast and have a really solid connection to pull it off and get Devastating Blast in the Gore window. Other than that everything else you have here is correct. Keep in mind that clipping is at the top of the Gore priority list so if you have a proc'd Vicious Throw or Dual Saber Throw available you can clip those into the Gore window for extra damage while going through the priority system. Furthermore, I would not use Frenzy if you were at 20 stacks. Again, fight specific but lets say you're going to take any kind of damage during the next two GCDs you'll gain stacks from the Brazen utility and then can just use two Massacres or other Fury building abilities to get to the 30 stacks fairly quickly. If you're sub 20 though i would definitely use Frenzy and reset the rotation and start fresh.

Oh, and what should I do when I end up with full Fury stacks, but Ravage is on a long cooldown?

I'd say:

1. If Frenzy will soon be ready, activate Berserk anyway and do a Gore window without Ravage, then next Gore use Frenzy.
  2. Otherwise save the stacks for the 2nd Gore window.

?

This is completely dependent on the fight, the mechanics you'll soon be facing, etc. However, my general rule of thumb is if you will not have Ravage available within the next 2 GCDs use it and jump into the priority list. The rotation can be easily brought back into alignment but take some practice and is a bit hard to explain how exactly to do it since it can be fight specific. I hope all this helps brother, take care.