Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Roll to cover removed?

Subach
09.09.2018 , 06:26 PM | #1
I just came back after like 2 years and I can't roll in to cover anymore, jusy crouch in place with the drop shield. I can't see the green silouettes anymore either. Was it removed or something? Google isn't answering me.

No wipe, no gripe.
Do not click this link.

cooperjf
09.09.2018 , 09:49 PM | #2
As far as I know, roll to cover does still work. You may need to check your keybinds for it to see if you are using the proper keybind for it rather than cover in place. One other thing worth mentioning is the green silhouettes only show up when you are in combat and out of cover or when you are targeting an enemy and out of cover. Some instances also don't have places to roll into cover, like some of the newer operations.

Hope this helps
Kell Dragon
<Failure> <Umbra>

NLrave
09.10.2018 , 03:33 AM | #3
Open your ability page (P) and look under SNIPER you should have;
Crouch
Take Cover

Subach
09.10.2018 , 04:05 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cooperjf View Post
As far as I know, roll to cover does still work. You may need to check your keybinds for it to see if you are using the proper keybind for it rather than cover in place. One other thing worth mentioning is the green silhouettes only show up when you are in combat and out of cover or when you are targeting an enemy and out of cover. Some instances also don't have places to roll into cover, like some of the newer operations.

Hope this helps
My keybinds are fine. I know how the cover works, but I never see the green silhouettes anywhere at any time.

I've been playing KOTFE, are those the instances you mention? But even outside if instances in dervannis, zakuul, etc I don't see green cover markers anywhere.

Quote: Originally Posted by NLrave View Post
Open your ability page (P) and look under SNIPER you should have;
Crouch
Take Cover
This doesn't address my issue at all.

No wipe, no gripe.
Do not click this link.

cooperjf
09.10.2018 , 05:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Subach View Post
My keybinds are fine. I know how the cover works, but I never see the green silhouettes anywhere at any time.

I've been playing KOTFE, are those the instances you mention? But even outside if instances in dervannis, zakuul, etc I don't see green cover markers anywhere.

This doesn't address my issue at all.
Yes those are some of the instances. I assume the developers just haven't really bothered adding it to newer content besides the "vanilla" game because it doesn't have a huge advantage and isn't highly used. It might still be in some areas, especially actual cover barricades, but besides that I don't think you'll see it often or at all.
Kell Dragon
<Failure> <Umbra>

ThunderMop
10.14.2018 , 11:34 AM | #6
Maybe they did. I never noticed it until now.