This game is a waste of time.....

Jarbarian

1. PVP is utterly broken, with melee classes and Sorcs utterly destroying everyone in their path.

2. Melee does way too much damage, too many gap closers, too much healing, too much CC.

3. There is no PVP balance whatsoever. In 4s having a healer doesn't mean you will win. Now it means you will lose as the 4 melee on the other team steamroll each player one at a time, taking no damage, too much CC, too much defense, too many gap closers.

4. Non rated PVP is now full of rated players with 300 augments, WRECKING everyone.

5. People in non rated PVP who do not want to PVE or do rated are being run over by fully geared rated PVP players.

However you guys decided to release in the next patch, I can safely say you killed the game. You say you are trying to balance PVP but real life experience shows nothing could be further from the truth.

Time to drop this game and stop wasting my money. No way in hell you're going to make me do PVE instances and rated PVP to enjoy the game. It's quite the opposite.

It becomes WORK. I play to relax, not work and not play unfair unrated PVP matches.

1. PVP is utterly broken, with melee classes and Sorcs utterly destroying everyone in their path.

2. Melee does way too much damage, too many gap closers, too much healing, too much CC.

3. There is no PVP balance whatsoever. In 4s having a healer doesn't mean you will win. Now it means you will lose as the 4 melee on the other team steamroll each player one at a time, taking no damage, too much CC, too much defense, too many gap closers.

4. Non rated PVP is now full of rated players with 300 augments, WRECKING everyone.

5. People in non rated PVP who do not want to PVE or do rated are being run over by fully geared rated PVP players.

However you guys decided to release in the next patch, I can safely say you killed the game. You say you are trying to balance PVP but real life experience shows nothing could be further from the truth.

Time to drop this game and stop wasting my money. No way in hell you're going to make me do PVE instances and rated PVP to enjoy the game. It's quite the opposite.

It becomes WORK. I play to relax, not work and not play unfair unrated PVP matches.

1...pvp

2...pvp

3...pvp

4....pvp

5...pvp

Think I've found your issue...it's not the game, it's a small part of it...PvP. Doesn't make the game a waste of time....if you are not happy with PvP, it might make the time YOU play wasted.

PvP does have it's issues, it always did, there has never been a real balance, no matter what they do, someone always cries for a nerf to a class not their own fav.

As for those &%*& ranked coming down to normal, I seem to remember someone saying that this was going to happen...... Unfortunately, I can't really see a way they can stop it, even if they stop people who have a 'certain' amount of ELO or ranked points, what's to stop these people from logging on top unranked toons, and sending the gear over.

Unfortunately, if all you play is PvP, and it makes you this stressed, then finding another game is your best bet, because I can't see them improving pvp any time soon, they just seem to be making it worse :/

All games are a waste of time, unless you are a paid pro. 🙄

Also, this game is, at least, supposed to be an RPG. If you are just playing for the PvP, you're playing the wrong game. 🙂

Then if its a RPG, remove PVP from the game. Don't allow PVP and then let it ruin the ONLY aspect of the game of which I play. RPG is boring, PVE/instances is boring and rated PVP is full of mostly cheaters (and people with no lives).

Then if its a RPG, remove PVP from the game. Don't allow PVP and then let it ruin the ONLY aspect of the game of which I play. RPG is boring, PVE/instances is boring and rated PVP is full of mostly cheaters (and people with no lives).

Is that because they beat you? Is this personal, you seem to be making it personal. PvP in most games are going to disappoint you, if you aren't that good, and can't handle others winning.

There are many here who wouldn't care if PvP disappeared, but just because YOU are unhappy with it, shouldn't mean they should remove it for others who actually enjoy it.

Is that because they beat you? Is this personal, you seem to be making it personal. PvP in most games are going to disappoint you, if you aren't that good, and can't handle others winning.

There are many here who wouldn't care if PvP disappeared, but just because YOU are unhappy with it, shouldn't mean they should remove it for others who actually enjoy it.

What a stupid response. It's not a matter of "he or they" it's a complete and utter class imbalance. PERIOD!

If you enjoy PVE go knock yourselves out. If you play PVP, then you should be as ticked off as most casual PVP players who can easily spot horrible programming and terrible class balance. I'm clearly stating that MELEE and SORC classes are overpowered. Specifically Jugg/Sents, Shadows/OPs and Sorc classes. Even PowerTechs are OP. The rest are underwhelming in comparison.

The developers said they went out of their way to balance PVP, but the real life experience says OTHERWISE. Facts hurt, I know, but so does the truth.

You do know what MMORPG stands for right? If you didn't want the rpg aspects you picked the wrong mmo.

If I send a holo to Saint Bacca do you think I can get this for Life Day?

Would be worth a go :p

If you enjoy PVE go knock yourselves out. If you play PVP, then you should be as ticked off as most casual PVP players who can easily spot horrible programming and terrible class balance. I'm clearly stating that MELEE and SORC classes are overpowered. Specifically Jugg/Sents, Shadows/OPs and Sorc classes. Even PowerTechs are OP. The rest are underwhelming in comparison.

The developers said they went out of their way to balance PVP, but the real life experience says OTHERWISE. Facts hurt, I know, but so does the truth.

It's a hell of a lot better than the whinging you have bombarded us with. Because of the tiny little bit of the game you play, doesn't play YOUR way you whinge, throw your toys out of the pram, and storm off. Believe you me, you won't be missed. Every single class has at one point been 'OP' and 99% of the people crying over it are because it wasn't their favourite. PvE has been messed up a lot more because of PvP whingers. It wasn't that long ago that people like you were complaining that ranged had all the advantages, etc. Just look at the pvp forums.

Also sorc aren't ,melee, if you are playing a sorc melee, you are doing something wrong. There's a lot worse in the PvP community than class imbalance, the whingers, the cheats, the try hards, the elitists, etc.

Edited by DarkTergon

Can I have your stuff? i like it here.

One wonders why you are playing SWTOR at all. Why don't you just play some FPS like CS:GO or SW:Battlefront, if you want Star Warsy stuff?

There's no need to remove PvP from the game. It's supposed to be just another part of the game like decorating, GSF, GTN, etc. It's not designed to be the whole focus of the game.

It's fine if all you want to do is PvP, but you can't really expect an RPG to emphasize PvP over PvE.

I agree that PVP is broken. I played five matches yesterday with my Imperial agent, hoping to get some conquest points. We lost badly every single time. If I never see a warzone again it'll be too soon.

The notion that everyone's gear doesn't matter (it does, always has) in PVP is a flat out lie.

They don't even talk about augments and what's put into what slot.

To those telling me "Go play another game", my answer is IDGAF what you think. THis thread isn't TO YOU, it's to the developers. If you want to comment and call me names and say LTP and other 12 year old gibberish, knock yourselves out. At least I know who the single, basement dwellers are.

Edited by Jarbarian

The notion that everyone's gear doesn't matter (it does, always has) in PVP is a flat out lie.

The standard assertion I've seen in the past here has been "skill > gear". I'm saying that I agree with your assertion, sort of, although maybe not the way you think.

My response to that standard assertion is that sure, maybe skill > gear, but skill+gear > skill.

That is, up to a point(1), a good level of skill can make up for a lack of gear against less-skilled opponents, but if you go up against better-geared opponents of equal skill, you'll lose.

For some reason that's not entirely clear to me, my counter assertion is usually resented, although the one example I found *was* someone completely misreading what I said.

(1) Properly optimised 306 without significant skill versus naked with an empty-shell weapon and the most skill ever will probably go to to the guy with the 306s.

They don't even talk about augments and what's put into what slot.

Nobody tells you what's put into what slot because what's in which slot is of no importance. It only matters that you have an X, a Y, and three Zs, but it can be arranged any way you like.

To those telling me "Go play another game", my answer is IDGAF what you think. THis thread isn't TO YOU, it's to the developers. If you want to comment and call me names and say LTP and other 12 year old gibberish, knock yourselves out. At least I know who the single, basement dwellers are.

People are telling you that your core premise is wrong. Every single one of your complaints is about how PvP is bad in a story-driven MMORPG, to which my response is usually "duh". It's a story-first MMORPG, so obviously the PvP gets less care, and obviously a dedicated PvPer for whom nothing else matters is going to be disappointed.

If you want an MMORPG with PvP first, you can find them, but SWTOR is not one of them. That's my version of "you're playing the wrong game", and before you say it, no, I live on the fifth floor ;), and I'm "single" because Mrs Cynic had a terminal kidney cancer.

Final point: you threw this out on a publically-accessible forum, so you get publically-accessible answers.

First of all, you started it by attacking the game, because of the small bit you do. Facts were shown to you and you cried.

Which gets on to your next point, you threw a fit, and behaved exactly how you are describing others, and to make it worse, you reported my reply and had it removed....:rolleyes:

You are on a public forum, if you are going to attack people, at least be able to take it when they return the favour ;)

Edited by DarkTergon

You are on a public forum, if you are going to attack people, at least be able to take it when they return the favour ;)

Actually I was told by support to post that statement here. There was no personal attack on any individual. It was 100% focused on the classes that are OP and the "requirement" we do rated PVP and/or high level PVE (ewwww NO THANKS!) content to gear up.

That gestapo tactic on players who hate PVE and don't do rated is not going over well. It's not just me that hates being forced to play the game THEY want us to play it instead of the way we personally enjoy it.

And that, my friend, is why MMOs like this end up tanking. WOW took a big hit for the same reason. Can't fix bad decisions by management who do not listen to their PAYING base.

Actually I was told by support to post that statement here. There was no personal attack on any individual. It was 100% focused on the classes that are OP and the "requirement" we do rated PVP and/or high level PVE (ewwww NO THANKS!) content to gear up.

It was an attack on the whole game, because you found one part of it lacking. I happen to agree with you about the augs, it's one of a whole load of dtupid things the devs have done.

This was also your quote, which is an attack on players, accusing them of cheating, having no lives, etc. Admittedly there are cheats, but most PvP people are genuine.

And that, my friend, is why MMOs like this end up tanking. WOW took a big hit for the same reason. Can't fix bad decisions by management who do not listen to their PAYING base.

The game isn't tanking, and to be honest, more people are upset by the missing achievement than the augs. They do need to listen more and communicate better. There are only two type of people who claim the game is dying, those who are so angry with the game they can't see past it, or those who are looking to start discord. (Trolls....although I'm not sure it's safe to use that word in these trying times ;) )

It was an attack on the whole game, because you found one part of it lacking. I happen to agree with you about the augs, it's one of a whole load of dtupid things the devs have done.

Games aren't people, get over it.

This was also your quote, which is an attack on players, accusing them of cheating, having no lives, etc. Admittedly there are cheats, but most PvP people are genuine.

Ok so there are cheats, we already know that. What I want is why it is not addressed. Has nothing to do with anyone personally. Again, get over it.

The game isn't tanking, and to be honest, more people are upset by the missing achievement than the augs. They do need to listen more and communicate better. There are only two type of people who claim the game is dying, those who are so angry with the game they can't see past it, or those who are looking to start discord. (Trolls....although I'm not sure it's safe to use that word in these trying times ;) )

Maaaaybe do some research?

https://mmo-population.com/r/swtor

Yeah around 200k is a pittance compared to say, WOW, which at one time had 12-14 MILLION subscribers. IN fact, they've never broken 500k. I'm sorry, facts are painful to most but it is what it is.

Games aren't people, get over it.

Ok so there are cheats, we already know that. What I want is why it is not addressed. Has nothing to do with anyone personally. Again, get over it.

Maaaaybe do some research?

https://mmo-population.com/r/swtor

Yeah around 200k is a pittance compared to say, WOW, which at one time had 12-14 MILLION subscribers. IN fact, they've never broken 500k. I'm sorry, facts are painful to most but it is what it is.

You can keep slapping that dead horse all you want, it's not going to change it. You were being an ****, people hit back and you cried over it.

You're relying on a website, who we don't know we can even trust, considering BW are known for not releasing numbers, but even if they were true

It's still ranked 13 out of 129, 8.27M subscribers, 392.63K daily players. You're idea of a dead game is about as bright as pluto.

WoW is completely a different game. it's like comparing apples to oranges...i'm sure you don't think they are the same???? As the other poster says, you've a history of this sort of postings, I guess some people are never happy, and have to tear at other things to bring themselves up.

RPG is boring, PVE/instances is boring and rated PVP is full of mostly cheaters (and people with no lives).

That is an insult to people, but you seem to like brushing over things you don't want to see.

No one forces you to play this game, if you are so unhappy with life and this game, go find another. Go with your beloved WoW, and pick the next flavour of the month, whatever floats your boat. Just go do something, instead of crying over apples and oranges .

This seems to be a rehash of your 2013 'Why I'm quitting this game' post - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=637052 , and a good many of yours besides. Maybe, with all due respect, this really just isn't the game for you, particularly if it makes you this angry. :confused:

I figured when I came back, oh some 7 years later they'd have fixed it.

Apparently they did not.

WOW was just as bad. In fact, all these RPG games can never get PVP right.

Maybe this game or all RPG games with PVP are not just bad for me, but for the consumer. The declining subscription rates and the developers frantically trying to appeal to players with poorly programmed patches explains a lot.

They have no idea what they're doing. I'm all for a fair fight. There's nothing fair in this game.

PS: Since you're enamoured with posts I made 7 years ago, you can see a pretty large gap. I had quit this game and went back to WOW, only to leave that when they decided to declaw Feral and punish shape shifting. What a joke.

Edited by Jarbarian

I mean, I dont think the game is tanking (its star wars and the only star wars mmo), but with the continued radio silence on the augs issue am likely to not be renewing my subscription because I'm so peeved about them, along with a few other issues I've documented rather well.

BW has decided on who is important to them, and its obviously not players like me. I'm tired of being taken for granted, and thus, speaking with the one language BW seems to speak.

My vindictive side is kicking in and almost hoping the steam influx dies and fails them, so that they see they need people like me.

But hey, apparently we're all irrelevant compared to the probably miniscule population of people who do both NiM and group ranked pvp.

Edited by KendraP