Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Contraband Slot Machine

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Neglience
04.05.2015 , 02:35 AM | #2291
Quote: Originally Posted by ivanhedgehog View Post
I am figuring that at least 40% is people that do nothing but crank out missions to get more cash. the most efficient way is to get something you can really gouge with.
But you really can not gouge with it. Because everyone can do it with just a bit of time. There is no limited supply on anything in this game when it comes to crafting. Everything is instanced.

Kianabamin
04.05.2015 , 04:13 PM | #2292
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
Lol, the nerf *was* the admission that they screwed up. Asking for more is just kicking them while they're down.
Ask, ask, ask, kick kick, kick.
Glad to see how many people still want to talk about this.
On your way to Hades kindly observe the mistletoe hanging from my coattails and well, you know......

------- AND FIX THE CONTRABAND SLOT MACHINE ------

Max_Killjoy
04.06.2015 , 04:04 PM | #2293
Quote: Originally Posted by Djiini View Post
Why would they fix it, the community told them to nerf it in the first place.
You assume one unified community, as opposed to a shrilly vocal minority who ran their mouths until they got it nerfed to serve their own ends.

Max_Killjoy
04.06.2015 , 04:06 PM | #2294
Quote: Originally Posted by jpswtor View Post
Crafters where in general very happy with the machine. They could get the mats required for crafting at a reasonable price. The Mat-Barons where the ones that whined and moaned endlessly until they got the nerf.

Ironically they where also the ones who made the largest profit out of the machine by abusing its win/loss ratio ad nauseam, planting themselves in front of 3-4 slot machines with a boatload of tokens and scripted a 96 hour click fest. "See? I now have 64000 jawa junk purples! It is broken. NERF IT NOW"

They filled their cargo bays to the rim with purple mats and are now the distinguished billionaires of SWTOR by selling purple mats on the GTN.

There is no crafting involved, except that crafters need to once again purchase overpriced purple crap from Mat-Barons.

Crafting is so broken in this game, it deserves a separate thread

JP
Yeap, which is why it was such a farce when people calling themselves "crafters" were here moaning and crying about how it was "taking away their market".

ivanhedgehog
04.06.2015 , 11:53 PM | #2295
Quote: Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
Yeap, which is why it was such a farce when people calling themselves "crafters" were here moaning and crying about how it was "taking away their market".
the subject has stayed on the front page a lot longer than thise credit gougers have wanted it too.

Neglience
04.07.2015 , 02:08 AM | #2296
the subject has stayed on the front page a lot longer than thise credit gougers have wanted it too.
yes because ~5 Peoples keep pushing it

EnkiduNineEight
04.07.2015 , 09:08 AM | #2297
gold farmers told them to nerf it, not real players
I'm a real player and I requested they nerf it. It was definitely a problem in its original form. It needed an adjustment.

What they did instead was nuke it from orbit to be sure.
Statement: Referral Codes Never Work. Click HERE to prove me wrong! You know you want to!
Free character transfer and 7 days of sub time for returning players.
(Details) (FAQ)

MeNaCe-NZ
04.07.2015 , 05:04 PM | #2298
To be fair if I worked at Bioware I would secretly find it rather humorous watching the few of you endeavor to keep this topic on the main page when the majority really don't care. Especially since you are ideally paying for the privilege to whinge also.

I get that for some of you it's trolly thing to keep this topic going but it's looking kinda stupid now to be honest. Just sayin ...

branmakmuffin
04.07.2015 , 05:07 PM | #2299
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
To be fair if I worked at Bioware I would secretly find it rather humorous watching the few of you endeavor to keep this topic on the main page
That would include you, cupcake.

MeNaCe-NZ
04.07.2015 , 07:45 PM | #2300
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
That would include you, cupcake.
I think I posted recently in a form of comic relief but it's hard to believe anyone is taking it seriously anymore.

It's becoming more a soapbox for a select few to proclaim the injustice of the matbaron's supposed domination and as a means to prove they also have no concept what so ever of what price gouging actually is.