Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

232 gear at the start of Ossus

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
232 gear at the start of Ossus

ceryxp
08.12.2019 , 11:43 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Pirana View Post
Thatís what I was thinking it was too. The first time I didnít receive the gear pack I was a little surprised, so the next level 70 I took there, before I started the quest chain, I removed all the gear from my character and I received the pack.
It would make sense if it is tied to gear ilvl. Every character I've taken to Ossus has had at least 242 gear rating. I have a lvl 70 who just started on the traitor arc. If I remember I'll take off all of their gear prior to starting Ossus and see if I get the pack.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

Rion_Starkiller
08.12.2019 , 11:43 AM | #12
I've never seen this. I thought only a green Zakuulan chestpiece drops from the storyline as mission reward.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

SteveTheCynic
08.12.2019 , 12:04 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I've never seen this. I thought only a green Zakuulan chestpiece drops from the storyline as mission reward.
No, that's entirely separate, and more than slightly spoilerish.
Spoiler
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Rion_Starkiller
08.12.2019 , 12:56 PM | #14
I only speak from the "autocomplete" standpoint as I haven't been able to muster the stamina to slog through KOTET on any toon.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

Jdast
08.12.2019 , 04:18 PM | #15
At risk of outing myself...

I have run Ossus 24 separate times (once for each subclass). I have not once received a free set of armor.

ALPS NI HET CAFE!!!!

Dasty

Elessara
08.12.2019 , 05:17 PM | #16
I was about to chime in and say I didn't receive any gear on the dozen or so characters I've taken through however if it's a gear bag that gives green gear then it's entirely likely that I did get it, opened it, sold the gear, and didn't think anything of it after.

SteveTheCynic
08.13.2019 , 12:07 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Elessara View Post
I was about to chime in and say I didn't receive any gear on the dozen or so characters I've taken through however if it's a gear bag that gives green gear then it's entirely likely that I did get it, opened it, sold the gear, and didn't think anything of it after.
That's exactly what it is. Green 232 gear with "Ossan" in the name.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Xeenith
08.13.2019 , 05:04 AM | #18
I think you get the pack only if you are zapping some quest, to "catch up" your character CR.
if you did all quest up to ossus, there is no auto complete, and no item satchel
I had it on all alts I passed some quest (most toons PLed to 70 with double xp and weekly/daily missions)
as for Pirana, I never had any relics in the bags : full armor/weapons 232 and ear/implants 236
I had to buy 2 relics with command tokkens to get rids of low level relics from questing ^^

ZionHalcyon
08.13.2019 , 08:40 AM | #19
Weird - I have gotten armor every single time.

However, I don't get it at the beginning of Ossus - only after coming back from talking to the contact at Nar Shadaa and then talking to Lana do I get it at that point.

ObsidianBones
08.13.2019 , 08:50 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Weird - I have gotten armor every single time.

However, I don't get it at the beginning of Ossus - only after coming back from talking to the contact at Nar Shadaa and then talking to Lana do I get it at that point.
Ditto. All of my eight toons who have done Ossus received the 232 green Ossan gear, although I can't remember if it was the first or second conversation with Lana. Be a while before I get around to that part of the game again.