Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

232 gear at the start of Ossus

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
232 gear at the start of Ossus

DarkKnightShado
08.11.2019 , 11:55 PM | #1
Hi all,

I have been playing SWTOR for about 5 years now and I am a casual player and would probably be what others call a button masher. I don't know my characters rotation for the best DPM or play PvP. I just started the Ossus story line and I noticed that my Jedi toon received a complete set of 232 gear from Lana when I started the story line but my Sith marauder did not. Is a full set of 232 gear a random drop or are all toons supposed to get that at the start of Ossus? I tried to google this but my google-fu seems to be on strike right now.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
http://www.swtor.com/r/7yM58N

SteveTheCynic
08.12.2019 , 12:23 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkKnightShado View Post
Hi all,

I have been playing SWTOR for about 5 years now and I am a casual player and would probably be what others call a button masher. I don't know my characters rotation for the best DPM or play PvP. I just started the Ossus story line and I noticed that my Jedi toon received a complete set of 232 gear from Lana when I started the story line but my Sith marauder did not. Is a full set of 232 gear a random drop or are all toons supposed to get that at the start of Ossus? I tried to google this but my google-fu seems to be on strike right now.
Everybody gets it, and it's appropriate for your selected class+discipline. Even my character who had full 248 with 236 or 240 augments everywhere got it.

Be aware that it doesn't have the "set bonus" - the bonuses given to certain abilities if you have multiple pieces equipped - and it isn't balanced (in terms of stats) for the best performance. But if you don't have anything better, feel free to use it until you *do* get something better.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

DarkKnightShado
08.12.2019 , 01:39 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Everybody gets it, and it's appropriate for your selected class+discipline. Even my character who had full 248 with 236 or 240 augments everywhere got it.

Be aware that it doesn't have the "set bonus" - the bonuses given to certain abilities if you have multiple pieces equipped - and it isn't balanced (in terms of stats) for the best performance. But if you don't have anything better, feel free to use it until you *do* get something better.
That makes sense, I am curious as to why my Sith character didn't get the gear then. I will submit a ticket and find out if they can either reset my character as I haven't gone to far or send me the drop so I can equip my character.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

SteveTheCynic
08.12.2019 , 05:09 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkKnightShado View Post
That makes sense, I am curious as to why my Sith character didn't get the gear then. I will submit a ticket and find out if they can either reset my character as I haven't gone to far or send me the drop so I can equip my character.
Normally, if memory serves, you get the box of gear at the end of the first conversation with Lana before you go to Nar Shaddaa (might be after the second just before you go to Ossus...). Don't forget that its inventory icon looks just like a basic material satchel from a security chest (the small blue boxes you can open on most planets, usually guarded by a small group of foes), a sort of backpack thing in a green icon frame. (There's also some sort of companion gift that has that icon, but it's stackable so it always has a number on the icon as well.)

Failing that, spend Command Tokens (the ones that drop in the level 70 crates) on Tier 1 gear at the vendor in the Supplies section on the Fleet. (last-but-one bay, one vendor per base class - for a Marauder, see the Sith Warrior vendor) That will get you Tier 1 purple-230 gear with the set bonus, which is a better bet than the 232-green stuff.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

ceryxp
08.12.2019 , 05:19 AM | #5
I have taken about 10 character's to Ossus and never once received this pack of gear.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

Pirana
08.12.2019 , 05:28 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
I have taken about 10 character's to Ossus and never once received this pack of gear.

Seems to be random or a bug. Iíve taken roughly the same amount of characters to Ossus and on at least two occasions did not receive the gear pack. One I specifically remember because I was holding off on buying 230 relics from the UC vendor on the fleet because the ones in the pack were slightly higher.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

DarkKnightShado
08.12.2019 , 05:48 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Normally, if memory serves, you get the box of gear at the end of the first conversation with Lana before you go to Nar Shaddaa (might be after the second just before you go to Ossus...). Don't forget that its inventory icon looks just like a basic material satchel from a security chest (the small blue boxes you can open on most planets, usually guarded by a small group of foes), a sort of backpack thing in a green icon frame. (There's also some sort of companion gift that has that icon, but it's stackable so it always has a number on the icon as well.)

Failing that, spend Command Tokens (the ones that drop in the level 70 crates) on Tier 1 gear at the vendor in the Supplies section on the Fleet. (last-but-one bay, one vendor per base class - for a Marauder, see the Sith Warrior vendor) That will get you Tier 1 purple-230 gear with the set bonus, which is a better bet than the 232-green stuff.
I will take your advice and go this route instead of holding out for customer service to resolve this issue, I appreciate the respose.
The Force shall free me.

JediQuaker
08.12.2019 , 10:28 AM | #8
Maybe it depends on your gear level at the time. I recently took a new Guardian to Ossus, but I didn't get any 232 armor. But, most of my gear was 234 or higher already.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Pirana
08.12.2019 , 10:40 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Maybe it depends on your gear level at the time. I recently took a new Guardian to Ossus, but I didn't get any 232 armor. But, most of my gear was already 234 or higher already.
Thatís what I was thinking it was too. The first time I didnít receive the gear pack I was a little surprised, so the next level 70 I took there, before I started the quest chain, I removed all the gear from my character and I received the pack.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

SteveTheCynic
08.12.2019 , 11:40 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Maybe it depends on your gear level at the time. I recently took a new Guardian to Ossus, but I didn't get any 232 armor. But, most of my gear was already 234 or higher already.
I don't think so. I've had the pack on characters with significantly more than 232 (and more to the point, with more than 232 on all slots).
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.