Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No more LBLO on SM op hell yes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
No more LBLO on SM op hell yes

Macarrin
08.11.2019 , 02:45 AM | #11
Might anyone have a link to this podcast? I thought I had found it, but there was no interview

Nemmar
08.11.2019 , 03:54 AM | #12
It sounds really weird for ops to not have lockouts. That will undoubtedly lead to a nerf in the quality of the rewards.

Not that they are good atm. Maybe this will only apply to story mode.

Pirana
08.11.2019 , 07:06 AM | #13
Assuming this is indeed true and not to say it isn't, but until something is officially released, I'll remain skeptical.

The ramifications across the board will undoubtedly effect anyone running Operations and ultimately lessen the population that wants to run them. Pugs are erratic enough as it is, something like this will all but kill pug Ops, other than the aforementioned KP and EV. You won't be able to hold onto an Op until the next day in case someone had to leave for whatever reason, it's late, work, whatever it is. You plow through most of the Op and get to the last boss or two and the group simply can't beat it, or the group falls apart, the group now disbands. You now have to start over if you want to run it.

I have no doubt the thinking behind this is they probably wanted to remove easy mode for completions, aka LBLO's and have people run all the content, they've done this sort of thing in the past. They may mask it by saying, we want people to be able to run any Op as frequently as they want, and maybe that is true, or maybe a little of both.

What needs to happen is whomever is in the Op has the option, whether it be the group leader or any of the other members to have the option to either A) Save the progress made before exiting the area, or B) Don't save and exit the area and all progress will be lost. If an option isn't available you can all but say goodbye to running anything remotely difficult via Group Finder.

Again, until something is officially released, I'll remain skeptical, notably detailing how, assuming it's true, it will be implemented. I've played a number mmo's in my time and I've never heard of removing lock outs in any of them. Something like this could be the proverbial 'nail in the coffin' for this game. I'm curious as to how they handle this because this is a huge decision.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

Toraak
08.11.2019 , 07:15 AM | #14
Removing Lockouts is a horrible idea. It will massively affect Progression raiding. Many guilds in HM/NiM progression continue to work on bosses that they haven't beaten yet later in the week. Removing the ability to save a lockout for at least HM/NiM would be a huge mistake for this game.

As for SM, I'd still leave the lockouts ingame, yes it's used for easy conquest by many, however is this really a bad thing? if more people are raiding because of that It means more people are doing the Ops.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

FlameYOL
08.11.2019 , 07:59 AM | #15
I'm of two minds on this, on one hand its great not having to worry about lock-outs anymore. As a casual player I pretty much just play story mode operations so I don't tend to do progression raid. This would allow me to do more and more operations and hopefully get my endgame gear faster. On the other hand, it'll also make it so that people will be able to farm specific operations without having to worry about the other ones which will screw people who are trying to do other operations.

Remember KP and EV having Nightmare Mode rewards in Hard More during Ops Priority rotation? I'm worried about something similar happening. Another thing I find concerning is the ability of not continuing an operation later, I've had groups who weren't able to finish a raid and even once I DC'd in the middle of Soa just to be kicked on the Fleet but I ran a group-lockout run later. If you remove the lock-out in SM you'll have to finish it, no 2nd choices.

Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
Removing Lockouts is a horrible idea. It will massively affect Progression raiding. Many guilds in HM/NiM progression continue to work on bosses that they haven't beaten yet later in the week. Removing the ability to save a lockout for at least HM/NiM would be a huge mistake for this game.

As for SM, I'd still leave the lockouts ingame, yes it's used for easy conquest by many, however is this really a bad thing? if more people are raiding because of that It means more people are doing the Ops.
They're not removing lockouts from VM or Master modes. Those will still have lock-outs, and they're also looking into the possibility of allowing players to extend their lock-out to the next week.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Pirana
08.11.2019 , 08:35 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
They're not removing lockouts from VM or Master modes. Those will still have lock-outs.
If this is indeed how it plays out, no biggie.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

Toraak
08.11.2019 , 08:56 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
They're not removing lockouts from VM or Master modes. Those will still have lock-outs, and they're also looking into the possibility of allowing players to extend their lock-out to the next week.
The more I think of it, the more I think lockouts should remain for Operations. When the new Dxun Operation comes out even SM will be progression for guilds. BW should keep that in mind for the new Operation for a reason to not remove lockouts at the beginning of the expansion or find a way to have a lockout for SM operations when they are new at the very least.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Darev
08.11.2019 , 10:15 AM | #18
35 minutes in

It's the PLAN to remove SM lockouts, but they aren't 100% sure it will work smoothly yet w/o some internal testing.
Potentially extending VM & MM lockouts to two weeks is much more difficult and they're looking into maybe doing it at some point when they have time.

https://www.buzzsprout.com/143519/1523599
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

aerockyul
08.11.2019 , 01:22 PM | #19
Not understanding the thinking by some that removing the lockouts will have any different effect on pugs/bads that already can't do the content...if all they're doing is skipping everything until the last boss anyway, how were they improving that way, either? If the goal is for those people to get better, I would think doing more than just the last boss would actually accomplish that goal.

Tbh I don't think people skip the op because of the difficulty of the preceding bosses--it's simply to "save time" and earn max rewards for minimal effort (except for maybe Ravagers, where the risk/reward for running MB is a bit out of sync and the LBLO is pretty welcome in most cases for any group)

These are two different things, imo, and either way, I don't really see them as positive effects on the population, such that removing lockouts would make things any worse. People already skip the harder ones altogether and run KP/EV more than anything else (notice how many LFG callouts when those two are in the GF and how few there are for the others because of the pug-killing capacity most of the others have)
Keeya, Lill'ya, Ainyalah, Vaisis, Euphemia Rose, Selauna, Wrathiva, Maulyah Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx
Kharaava, Jaista, Katie Bee, Altheeka Eko'va, Misphire, Dani Clarke
Portrait Gallery ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

Przemo_No
08.11.2019 , 01:39 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
Are you some of the players that love doing the LBLO runs well guess what once 6.0 rolls out you will be out of luck since all SM operations will nolonger have any lockouts so you can run the same op all day long if you want.
and what the heck is LBLO?????
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.