Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No more LBLO on SM op hell yes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
No more LBLO on SM op hell yes

fushnchips
08.10.2019 , 02:18 PM | #1
Are you some of the players that love doing the LBLO runs well guess what once 6.0 rolls out you will be out of luck since all SM operations will nolonger have any lockouts so you can run the same op all day long if you want.
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

fahdashq
08.10.2019 , 03:32 PM | #2
I do prefer to do full runs, but this is gonna suck if the timed weekly is still a thing we have to worry about.

Pirana
08.10.2019 , 04:46 PM | #3
Out of curiosity, where are you seeing this? Not that it's a bad thing, just curious. I looked on the PTS forums and didn't see anything.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

Alanbra
08.10.2019 , 05:19 PM | #4
SM ops are going to be treated like flash points. They can be repeated more than once a week, but boss progress won't be saved. It's going to make conquest even more of a grind, especially since they're upping the amounts for making personal conquest and for guild totals. As I see it, it's just another reason to drop the game when 6.0 hits and come back in six months to a year after they fix the mess they're going to make of the game.

fushnchips
08.10.2019 , 05:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Pirana View Post
Out of curiosity, where are you seeing this? Not that it's a bad thing, just curious. I looked on the PTS forums and didn't see anything.
This was in the interview with WCN and Eric Music and Matt P in the last few days .
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

Pirana
08.10.2019 , 05:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
This was in the interview with WCN and Eric Music and Matt P in the last few days .
Appreciate it, thank you.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

annabethchase
08.10.2019 , 06:30 PM | #7
Can't imagine the reason for this one. LBLO's were a way to slowly recruit people into caring about operations that were only doing them for conquest points.

For myself, I actually would like to run operations all the way through BUT only if they are super fast and easy. I've heard a recent rumor they are making them easier. So if it gets so simple that you don't have to worry about group skill anymore and can just use groupfinder, I'd be down for that. But again, only if you aren't going to wipe on bosses. I certainly have no interest in wipefests in a game this old.

Also, certainly hope they tune conqauest points to a fair pace per minute spent. Right now, the only benefit to conquest is the weekly rewards worth a little over 1 million credits. Certainly not something I'd spend hours doing. Up the rewards or lower the time spent, not increase the time spent.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

Balameb
08.10.2019 , 08:28 PM | #8
While i am one of the many critics of the next conquest point increase, i won't see the removal of LBLO as that much of a problem IF they remove the Legacy Lockouts in conquest.
I hate the legacy lockout because if i do all the work on many toons i want to be rewarded in each one. But with LBLO, that would mean not only farm inside guild but alt farming as well.
Right now, with 150% SH bonus you get 7.5k for whtever Op is on conquest + 2k from GF Op. To that we can add experience to Conquest so basically killing the last boss of the current Op can almost make you hit personal conquest in less than 15 minutes. I consider 2/3+ of personal conquest points in one Operation to be fair. At least for the easier ones. Harder Ops should give better points as they require more time and skill.

And about to change in difficulty. It is being tested, but the goal is not very clear. I really can't say I would be happy with very easy Operations, because there is already a big gap from SM to Vet.
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

DeannaVoyager
08.11.2019 , 12:34 AM | #9
I really don't mind either way, but I would hate to spend an hour with bads in Gods, only to see the group falls apart before last boss (if not earlier), and not being able to get a new group to finish it. Even Ravagers is risky with pugs, because MnB is the 4th boss, and if the group can't kill it (which happens all the time), the time I spent on 3 previous bosses will be wasted.

Making sm ops easier is definitely not a good idea. They are already easy enough, and we don't need more players who saber strike through them and think they know how to play. We need more players who know what they are doing, and we are not getting them if SM ops are nerfed to Hammer Station level.

Celise
08.11.2019 , 01:08 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
Are you some of the players that love doing the LBLO runs well guess what once 6.0 rolls out you will be out of luck since all SM operations will nolonger have any lockouts so you can run the same op all day long if you want.
Assuming true, that is when this actually does come out with Musco saying it? Then EV and KP are going to be played to death, for sure. they are the least longest OPs and the easiest to learn, even if they don't have many mini bosses along the way to drop the most loot. heck, they beat the complicated mechanics behind SaV, EC and ToS which aren't likely to be played that much at all. Now i think about it a little more, i'm not entirely sure if this is a good thing.

Quote: Originally Posted by DeannaVoyager View Post
I really don't mind either way, but I would hate to spend an hour with bads in Gods, only to see the group falls apart before last boss (if not earlier), and not being able to get a new group to finish it. Even Ravagers is risky with pugs, because MnB is the 4th boss, and if the group can't kill it (which happens all the time), the time I spent on 3 previous bosses will be wasted.

Making sm ops easier is definitely not a good idea. They are already easy enough, and we don't need more players who saber strike through them and think they know how to play. We need more players who know what they are doing, and we are not getting them if SM ops are nerfed to Hammer Station level.
Well something is wrong and as you pointed out: it isn't going to make these OPs any more welcoming, so you can be sure for PuG's they will never get played now. Do you want to have these played more often or not? If you do, then make a suggestion how it can be made more welcoming for new players rather than just saying "be a pro" which isn't helpful.

The rate of attrition behind bosses like Master and Blaster is atrocious and speaks volumes to how difficult it is to play against them, so clearly whatever the idea was behind it backfired and it will continue to backfire as more new players come in and encounter the same problem, no matter how much you ask them to "be a pro" or help them, it will continue to be a problem to other new players. Even experienced groups can trip up on these bosses every so often.

just to make it a little friendlier and make it more welcoming to be played, something has to be changed.