Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do you headcannon a BH or Smuggler into KOTFEET?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How do you headcannon a BH or Smuggler into KOTFEET?

DeVanagloris
08.02.2019 , 01:37 PM | #1
I'm having a serious problem with this. I can get around headcannoning all the other 6 classes because they are either force users or non-force users who are top military ranks, used to giving orders and leading armies.

But please, the BH and Smuggler, ffs? What am i supposed to do in these cases? A relentless, heartless man/woman for hire who only seeks credits and fame in the underworld gets to be the Alliance Commander. A scumbaggy, crate-smuggling and mischievous trickster who also seeks only credits and makes snarky comments also gets to be the Alliance Commander. Yeah, sure.

These two type of characters would probably run the opposite direction of the type of conflict happening in KOTFEET. Or, at the very least, they would probably never consider becoming the leader of a third faction, and placing the biggest spotlight in the galaxy on themselves.

The problem with this is, i just cant play BH or Smuggler bc i know once i reach KOTFEET it'll look silly. Therefore 2 classes in this game are simply dead to me. And also, you cant just skip KOTFEET bc many of the events in the story bits after that are directly tied to it.

If you encountered this problem, tell me how you found a workaround pls.
This is my referral link here:
Referral link
You can get all sort of FREE STUFF!! and GOODIES!! by clicking it, no matter you are new or returning player. You also get 7 DAYS of FREE SUBSCRIPTION!!

sauceemynx
08.02.2019 , 01:51 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DeVanagloris View Post
I'm having a serious problem with this. I can get around headcannoning all the other 6 classes because they are either force users or non-force users who are top military ranks, used to giving orders and leading armies.

But please, the BH and Smuggler, ffs? What am i supposed to do in these cases? A relentless, heartless man/woman for hire who only seeks credits and fame in the underworld gets to be the Alliance Commander. A scumbaggy, crate-smuggling and mischievous trickster who also seeks only credits and makes snarky comments also gets to be the Alliance Commander. Yeah, sure.

These two type of characters would probably run the opposite direction of the type of conflict happening in KOTFEET. Or, at the very least, they would probably never consider becoming the leader of a third faction, and placing the biggest spotlight in the galaxy on themselves.

The problem with this is, i just cant play BH or Smuggler bc i know once i reach KOTFEET it'll look silly. Therefore 2 classes in this game are simply dead to me. And also, you cant just skip KOTFEET bc many of the events in the story bits after that are directly tied to it.

If you encountered this problem, tell me how you found a workaround pls.
I have no answer for the BH otherwise than I just got through it, because it's my favourite class. In the case of my smuggler, the only thing that helped me was a comment I read on this forum, to the effect that they just kind of viewed the whole thing as a comedy. I can see why; the smuggler has some great lines in those expansions that had me laughing out loud more than once (not that I can remember them now, but still). My smuggler always struck me as perpetually amazed to be there and that was how I went with it. Not sure I would do it again, though.

Joluka
08.02.2019 , 01:55 PM | #3
Well, I feel like the BH can fit better than the Smuggler in this regard, if you chose to become a Mandalorian. During the class story, you get at least three chances to tell people you’re going to take Mandalore’s job someday, and lead the Mandalorians on a big conquest, like in the good old days. Because of this, if you’re a Mandalorian who doesn’t just care for credits, the BH character, either dark or light, definitely has the chops to lead the Alliance. I’m almost certain the BH character was meant to become Mandalore if BioWare had continued the class stories.

As for the Smuggler, yeah, this one is pretty tough, but there’s always revenge. Your character can get pretty vicious and sadistic in some of the conversation choices in his/her class story (sort of psychopath-y). If there’s anything I’m learning from playing dark side Smuggler is that you shouldn’t steal from him, else you get a blaster bolt in the head, or your life scammed to hell. At the end of this story, you can become the leader of a criminal empire because you’re pretty charismatic, clever, and effective—I bet someone that managed that can definitely use the Alliance, and Valkorion’s power, to wreak havoc on his enemies. Now, for light side Smuggler, again, revenge, or you could just be a patriot that doesn’t want to see the Republic destroyed so you reluctantly step into the position when Lana says you’re their only hope.
The Conrad Legacy

"I wasn't planning to live forever anyway. I'm in."

SteveTheCynic
08.02.2019 , 02:22 PM | #4
The other way to look at a Smuggler is dependent on how you ended the class story. If you pick the "support the Republic" // continuation-of-Republic-privateer option, then you can regard the whole thing from Forged Alliances onwards (not just KotFE+) as an extension of that.(1) For the other options, I'm less sure, of course.

(1) Spoiler:
Spoiler
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

casirabit
08.02.2019 , 02:32 PM | #5
I have always played a light smuggler who cares about the Republic and will help the Republic in whatever way I can. I don't play mine as selfish and just out for credits.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

Drenovade
08.02.2019 , 02:57 PM | #6
Personally, I consider all of my characters to be in the same universe, so only one of them canonically becomes the Outlander and Alliance Commander. For my playthroughs of KOTFE and KOTET with other characters, I just consider it to be non-canon. More like they're sometimes "involved in the conflict" or even part of the Alliance itself, but not the actual Commander.

Having a single storyline for these last 2 expansions had its benefits, but I'm glad we're going back to the dual Empire and Republic versions. It might be a good idea to shake it up every once in a while, like trying non-Force-user and Force-user versions, or maybe even go back to individual class storylines, having 2 per an expansion, and over the course of 4 years(1 expansion per year), all 8 classes would get their turn in the spotlight.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/QKzQQL
New players get rewards, Returning players get rewards.
See full details here: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

aerockyul
08.02.2019 , 03:01 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by sauceemynx View Post
I have no answer for the BH otherwise than I just got through it, because it's my favourite class. In the case of my smuggler, the only thing that helped me was a comment I read on this forum, to the effect that they just kind of viewed the whole thing as a comedy. I can see why; the smuggler has some great lines in those expansions that had me laughing out loud more than once (not that I can remember them now, but still). My smuggler always struck me as perpetually amazed to be there and that was how I went with it. Not sure I would do it again, though.
This is how I view it. I only did it with my one Bounty Hunter because I love the character and want to do the whole story with her, so I just smashed through KOTxx for the companion alerts and to get through to the other side. But I've deleted three other bounty hunters at either Ilum or Ziost because I didn't like them THAT much to do it all again.
The smuggler playthrough ended up being one of my favorites of all of them because it's cathartic to see my character reacting the way I would to the whole situation, poking holes at the craziness of the situation with maximum snark and sarcasm. There are a couple of grit your teeth and bear it moments like whenever you have to make a speech to the alliance or the galaxy and it's either sappy idealism or idiotic ruthlessness (idiotic from the standpoint that almost no one would bother following such a person) with no third option, but a lot of really great lines come from the smuggler throughout the whole thing.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Ainyalah, Vaisis, Euphemia Rose, Selauna, Wrathiva, Maulyah Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx
Kharaava, Jaista, Katie Bee, Altheeka Eko'va, Misphire, Dani Clarke
Portrait Gallery ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

xordevoreaux
08.02.2019 , 04:03 PM | #8
People are free to disagree, but personally, I think only a force wielder makes sense in that story.

Vitiate: I've followed your progress. You're like me.
Smuggler: Well if you knew how little progress I got with that twi'lek on Nar Shadaa, we wouldn't be standing here.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

KoriVash
08.02.2019 , 05:09 PM | #9
Not sure why you have this issue OP. Han Solo was just a smuggler who became a General. BH is the head of the Mandalorians, So a leader of sort. However why your Jedi Knight and not one of the hundreds of others around at that point in time? same for any of the classes. The commando was the leader of Havoc Squad but not for the last 5 years before Lana got you out? For KotFE it's was about the individual character success and accomplishments. So in-fact all 8 classes had those during the pervious chapters.

If that does not do it for you then, just don't think about it or don't play them.

JediQuaker
08.03.2019 , 11:17 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DeVanagloris View Post
I'm having a serious problem with this. .
Personally I don't RP any of that stuff. I just play the game.

But if I had to, I'd say that my Smugglers were just good intelligent people who started out trying to make a living by smuggling non-dangerous items past import tariffs or local vested interests. Like when people smuggled Haggis from Canada to the USA because of US restrictions on the importation of products containing lung tissue - not legal, but not evil-criminal either. In other words, relatively harmless goods - not addictive drugs, or weapons, etc.

As my Smugglers acquired fame and fortune, they took up a more responsible role in helping the Republic, and then the Alliance, to "save the Galaxy". No biggie. They are no longer really smugglers in that sense. (They are now just people who used to smuggle.)

I also have a BH, but I basically never play it. But, if I had to, I could probably RP something similar.

And to me, this makes more sense than having some DS pure-bred Sith suddenly becoming all goody-goody.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV