Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operation Victory Tournament - *Cancelled*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Operation Victory Tournament - *Cancelled*
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

buckman
02.23.2015 , 05:27 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by inc_CichYBoB View Post
pick full stealth team, boom y win gg
I wonder if they would put in a rule against this or if it is a fair strategy.
Chappelle
<Weapons of War>
Prophecy of the Five - Ranked PvP and NiM Operations
Join the guild! http://weaponsofwarguild.enjin.com/home
http://www.twitch.tv/ch4ppelle

lafr
02.23.2015 , 05:27 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
This contest is not for guilds who are held up by bugs. No progression guild I know of has encountered the Underlurker cross or Coratanni resetting bug, and if they have, they are not wiping due to such a bug.
You don't know what Coratanni bug is, do you?

Jerba
02.23.2015 , 05:33 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by inc_CichYBoB View Post
pick full stealth team, boom y win gg
^^ This x100. Who had the brilliant idea of placing adds with millions of HP inside ToS? Those alone take minutes to kill, a stealth team can easily shave 10-15 minutes off of the whole raid; you can never close such a gap with a regular group.

And can we please get a word on the full rules and regulations soon? In Any% speedruns, by default any means to finish the level are allowed, including exploits and glitches, and I don't think they'd want to encourage that.

Quote: Originally Posted by lafr View Post
You don't know what Coratanni bug is, do you?
I've read about a few groups complaining on the forums about it but I've killed her many times without encountering any problems week after week.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

XORDYH
02.23.2015 , 05:40 PM | #24
This contest is not for guilds who are held up by bugs. No progression guild I know of has encountered the Underlurker cross or Coratanni resetting bug, and if they have, they are not wiping due to such a bug.
Please explain your magic solution to completing Coratanni when she decides to attack her own escape pod.

ShadowShrike
02.23.2015 , 05:53 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Anariodin View Post
Also the unreliability of Underlurker's cross will make runs even more fun. The bugs will make or break teams! -_-'
Or maybe your tank can hold still when the cross is gonna happen....

ronniehenlau
02.23.2015 , 05:55 PM | #26
Im glad this is happening for pveers, even if I am a pvper myself! Kudos to bioware for promoting their game!

Rankyn
02.23.2015 , 06:11 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Well on my server there are a handful of guilds that always get server firsts and do everything HM before the rest have cleared SM.

I'm thinking that this might be a nice competition for them, but what about the other 95% of players?

I mean I don't see how anybody would beat these teams especially when they have multiple alts all geared up to have multiple attempts...

Just too bad most of us won't ever get near these "serious rewards" but it's probably a good way to advertise the game a bit more.
I'm going to guess that you grew up playing team sports where they didn't keep score and everybody got a trophy just for playing.

Competitive events are meant to be just that... competitive.
Not everything is meant to be for everybody.

On the other hand, you've got just as much opportunity to win it as anybody else... if you're good enough.
If you're not, you'll lose.

Fortunately, there's also a category for people who either don't want to compete or aren't good enough to compete.
They're called spectators.
They don't get rewards.
Keep up to date with game events at
SWTORCalendar.com

Master-Nala
02.23.2015 , 06:25 PM | #28
^^ This x100. Who had the brilliant idea of placing adds with millions of HP inside ToS? Those alone take minutes to kill, a stealth team can easily shave 10-15 minutes off of the whole raid; you can never close such a gap with a regular group.

And can we please get a word on the full rules and regulations soon? In Any% speedruns, by default any means to finish the level are allowed, including exploits and glitches, and I don't think they'd want to encourage that.

I've read about a few groups complaining on the forums about it but I've killed her many times without encountering any problems week after week.
Couldn't you deal with that with a couple of Scoundrel/Ops with Smuggle?
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

DarthZaul
02.23.2015 , 06:29 PM | #29
Its already been said but worth a bump. If you don't fix Coratanni and Underlurker this is just gonna show everyone on Twitch how buggy the game is. Not exactly good marketing. Even if you fix them people in ops chat will probably be saying things like: 'these are the tactics to not bug it', 'no they fixed that', 'holy **** Bioware actually fixed a bug?' 'well.. they say they did but you know what they are like they probably made it worse like usual'
Yeh that will bring people into the game.

DarthVengeant
02.23.2015 , 06:32 PM | #30
Great idea Bioware. Speed Run for....content that is bugged and some broken.

Enjoy that door to Coratanni not being there and everyone having to leave and reset your speed run. Enjoy.

Enjoy that Coratanni bugging out and ruining your speed run because she resets. Enjoy!!

Enjoy that Underlurker bugging out in that speed run. ENJOY!!!

GREAT IDEA BIOWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!