Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Space Missions (not GSF) needs some love!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Space Missions (not GSF) needs some love!

ShieldProtection
08.12.2019 , 05:08 AM | #1
I found it they are quite enjoyable with all that character taunts and allied/republic ships firing each other, its nice athmoshpere and music is epic. They also helps alot for leveling huge exp with space mission boosts and legacy perks. I think its time to make them more rewarding with more item based rewards because they already provide crapton exp which is very nice. I do not know why people don't play them because I see no one in Sarapin Assault instance for example, Taspan Assault and the first daily mission is seemed to also empty instance no one but only me. I found Sarapin Assault and Taspan Assault are very well made and enjoyable with all that action and star fires.

Its time to make Space Missions more rewarding with valuable items, weekly for example, or green/blue item daily missions. I love playing space missions. Ever think or thought co op space missions? That would be amazing
I make long posts on SWTOR forums, read it or not, thank you anyway

Nemmar
08.12.2019 , 07:24 AM | #2
I agree.

These missions are what got me back to the game cause of how simple and low commitment they are. They are the perfect introduction to the game for people that get overwhelmed when coming back. Just move around and shoot stuff in a starfox mini game. I had enjoyed the system at launch, but these missions are simple to play and add a lot to the star wars feel of the game.
I would love to see new ones, be it in the old system or the galactic starfighter one. But i do feel that space battles (PvE) are an important part of feeling like a Star wars experience. Many times nowadays we have conflicts between Republic and Empire but we are the ground grunts. I would like to take part on the space battles as well above the planet. If only for a bit before i go back to my grunt work.

Mubrak
08.12.2019 , 10:59 AM | #3
I play them every once in a while, usually when I level a char and want to get to the next mod-vendor tier.

The problem is that the medium difficulty missions are the same old missions with just a few tweaks, and the difficult missions are nightmare++ mode unless you grind lower difficulty missions (or do GSF) long enough to be able to buy grade 7 ship mods. By the time you could upgrade your ship you either don't want to do any space missions ever again, or are hooked on GSF and don't care about the PVE on-rails shooter anymore.
6.0: Do not add that gaudy flashing icon above every vendor's head without an option to turn it off.
Let us sort our companion list and hide or kick out the unwanted ones!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

Rion_Starkiller
08.12.2019 , 11:38 AM | #4
Wayyy back in the day (2012?), I used to use Space Missions to generate credits.

To this day, I only have 2 toons with the ship gear level needed to beat the hardest missions for the reputation drops. Once GC started dropping these reputations, I quit doing space missions. Still mad about this - I have a guildie that got legendary rep from GC. He gets a nice legacy title and access to a fancy helmet for doing literally nothing *related to space missions.*

I think the devs need to make the highest tier ship schematics available again in order to "fix" Space Missions.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

SteveTheCynic
08.12.2019 , 12:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
He gets a nice legacy title and access to a fancy helmet for doing literally nothing.
Not *literally*(1) nothing, but rather less than you had to do.

(1) This word has received significant abuse in recent times, of which yours is far from the most egregious. I'd point out that getting that many rep tokens from GC required your friend to spend significant quantities of time just grinding GC, or maybe he got wildly lucky, in which case you might want to ask the Mistress of Pain what exactly you did to offend Her.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Kolskeggur
08.12.2019 , 01:30 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
I play them every once in a while, usually when I level a char and want to get to the next mod-vendor tier.

The problem is that the medium difficulty missions are the same old missions with just a few tweaks, and the difficult missions are nightmare++ mode unless you grind lower difficulty missions (or do GSF) long enough to be able to buy grade 7 ship mods. By the time you could upgrade your ship you either don't want to do any space missions ever again, or are hooked on GSF and don't care about the PVE on-rails shooter anymore.
Honestly, they'll take a dozen attempts even with grade 7 equipments, so it's never worth the time investment, because it's not that fun to grind the same one over and over where every single slight mistake means you're screwed.
"No battle plan survives contact with the enemy." - Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

Darev
08.12.2019 , 04:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kolskeggur View Post
Honestly, they'll take a dozen attempts even with grade 7 equipments, so it's never worth the time investment, because it's not that fun to grind the same one over and over where every single slight mistake means you're screwed.
Once you learn how to do them, and there are video guides still available, they're easy enough. Just need to practice a bit until you get the hang of it.

No repair fee, so it's better than learning mechanics in ops and wiping 10 times an hour.
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

DarkTergon
08.12.2019 , 08:09 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Darev View Post
Once you learn how to do them, and there are video guides still available, they're easy enough. Just need to practice a bit until you get the hang of it.

No repair fee, so it's better than learning mechanics in ops and wiping 10 times an hour.

The difference is, they are not ops, you don't have a team to help, you are on your own, trying to do a heroic mission (which is probably equivalent to old H4's) For most, especially if you don't play rail shooter it's hard to get used to. Unlike the space mission in SWG which were more fun, and had more options
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

aerockyul
08.13.2019 , 01:21 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Darev View Post

Maybe that's true but I'd still be really happy to see Grade 9 equipment. The most I've seen of any of the nightmare missions is about 20 seconds. I like the challenge of the tier just below nightmare. Doable, but my ship is mostly going to be in flames towards the end.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Ainyalah, Vaisis, Euphemia Rose, Selauna, Wrathiva, Maulyah Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx
Kharaava, Jaista, Katie Bee, Altheeka Eko'va, Misphire, Dani Clarke
Portrait Gallery ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

DarthArturus
08.13.2019 , 08:12 PM | #10
I enjoy the space missions while leveling a character, the experience is valuable.

However, once leveled, there is no valuable reward for completion, no reason for the pain of the super difficult level missions. I have grade 7 equipment on my ship, but the "nightmare" level space missions are simply no fun even when I can complete them after repeated failures and watching video guides. Not worth playing!

Just Not Fun. I play games for fun or great reward. No fun. No reward.