A Map For The Future - Sith Inquisitor Mission Bug

Nietzschego

I have a problem with quest A Map For The Future. After collecting spears and placing them, the doors should be opened after cutscene but they are still closed. I have restarted this mission few times and still without any progress. I used a master datacron for 70lvl boost but i don't think it should cause this bug however i would be grateful for solving this problem. Any ideas?

Could you give us a bit of context? As written, I have no idea which mission you're talking about. It makes me sort of think of the final stages on Korriban, except that you gather *rods* rather than spears.

In any event, if that's the one, place the four rods in the altars around the room, then move to the centre of the room and click the blue panel in the floor to trigger the cinematic.

EDIT: Or you have a bug, but it's not caused by the Master's Datacron. I've done that mission more than once on datacronned characters and I've never had any difficulty.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

What's worked for me: leaving the planet (going to my Stronghold is easiest), return, then re-enter the instance.

I've had a few problems with doors within instances not opening. It's intermittent, started fairly recently (within the past two months), and I've only experienced on my Sith Inquisitors. While leveling up a SI the door didn't open after placing the four items in the mission "A Map For The Future." I left the instance; traveled to my Stronghold, then returned to Korriban, and re-entered the instance. This time the door was open.

On Ossus doing the Heroic "Consume the Light" on my Sith Assassin (a Sith Inquistor), the door wouldn't open after defeating the first of three Jedi Masters and the other two mobs with the Jedi Master. I left the phase and reset it -- the door still wouldn't open. I abandoned the mission and picked it up again -- the door still wouldn't open. Another player was kind enough to group with me, and even while grouped in the same instance the door opened for their character (not a Sith Inqusitor) but not for my Assassin. We tried it with me entering their instance; they entered my instance -- didn't matter. The door opened for the other player, but not for my Assassin. To me, it looked like they were running through the door. To them, it looked like my Assassin was running in place because that player saw the door as being opened. Again, the "fix" involved leaving the planet, in this case Ossus. That time, I had RL things to do and logged out of the game. The next time I logged back in, the door opened properly after defeating the first Jedi Master.

The Korriban mission was on a Sith Inqusitior I was leveling up from level 1.

The Ossus Heroic was on a Sith Inquisitor I leveled up from level 1; did class, planet, FPs, and Heroics to level 70; and then skipped to Ossus.

I don't have this problem on all of my Sith Inquisitors or any of my other characters of the other 7 classes. Nor does it always happen on the SIs I've experienced the issue on. For me, it's a rare, inconsistently occurring problem.

• 3 weeks later...
My Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer has this issue consistently. Specifically, when she tries to use the console on Ziost at the end of the quest to scan the ashes, the cut scene hangs. I have to log out of the character, log back in and try it again. On the second attempt it works, but it always requires that extra step that none of my other characters need.

My Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer has this issue consistently. Specifically, when she tries to use the console on Ziost at the end of the quest to scan the ashes, the cut scene hangs. I have to log out of the character, log back in and try it again. On the second attempt it works, but it always requires that extra step that none of my other characters need.

This has been happening to a Consular I'm trying to get to 300 command rank! I'll have to pay more attention to see if other characters are having this issue.

• 1 year later...

I had a similar issue on the A Map for the Future. But mine was that when I completed the final boss, the object you click on to obtain the map was highlighted but I could not click on it. I eventually tried the go to the stronghold and come back method and it solved the problem. However, when I came back the boss was back as well. Luckily far enough away that he didn't come after me.

I later had a glitch where I meet Lord Vash before leaving for Dromund Kaas. When I entered the room the system tried to launch the cinematic before I made it to her. I had to hit escape a few times to get unstuck and then it worked fine.