Kicking from group...?

I have personally never been kicked on any of my toons. Closest I came was when I was on a untagged alt. Happened to be in a KP with guildies who didn't know it was me. I was in vent with them and listened to them talk of kicking all non guildmates right before last boss for ***** and giggles so guildies could get there daily. Never told them either.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have personally never been kicked on any of my toons. Closest I came was when I was on a untagged alt. Happened to be in a KP with guildies who didn't know it was me. I was in vent with them and listened to them talk of kicking all non guildmates right before last boss for ***** and giggles so guildies could get there daily. Never told them either.

WOW! Must be a guild of amazing folks to do that kind of garbage, kicking before final boss for no good reason! Would be nice to learn server and guild so that I never have the misfortune of doing a run with them!!!

I was in an BT run yesterday, we didn't kill the captain and went on to kill the boarding party.

When they all already took the elevator up, after the fight, I saw that we just needed 5 more mobs to complete the bonus, so I stayed a little longer and killed 2 groups.

Form two players came a "Thanks, I didn't think of that" and the third player initiated a vote kick

I wrote in chat "***?"

And the worst part is, the one who initiated the votekick didn't even answer on anything the group wrote.

(I didn't get kicked luckily because the othe two players were just as confused as I was :D)

You guys must have a very crappy reputation doing that to PUG players.

I hope I will never team up with you guys

Edited by Icestar

Yes, it gets fishy if they were tolerating him through the whole FP - just until the end.

If he was being awful/obnoxious, but was the healer, I can see why'd they wait till the end.

That said, I haven't been kicked out of a group *once* - I pug as much as I queue with friends and guildies, and I play since third wave early access of the initial release.

That said, I haven't been kicked out of a group *once* - I pug as much as I queue with friends and guildies, and I play since third wave early access of the initial release.

Should we praise you now, for not having been kicked out of a group? :rolleyes:

Many who pug regularely have never been kicked, it's the norm, others have been kicked for really bad reasons or no reasons at all.

It would just take one guild group trying to get their guild member in, to break your streak, you wouldn't even have to have done something wrong.

Should we praise you now, for not having been kicked out of a group? :rolleyes:

Many who pug regularely have never been kicked, it's the norm, others have been kicked for really bad reasons or no reasons at all.

It would just take one guild group trying to get their guild member in, to break your streak, you wouldn't even have to have done something wrong.

Point is - unless the person is doing something very wrong - not only regarding gameplay, but general behaviour, getting kicked should be a rare, rare exception, when you get conspired upon by a group of d-bags. And it seems that the people who are complaining about group kick mechanics get removed more than just once in a while.

Note that I have indeed been *asked* to leave to be replaced by a guildie, which I agreed to - but never kicked.

Edited by Helig

Point is - unless the person is doing something very wrong - not only regarding gameplay, but general behaviour, getting kicked should be a rare, rare exception, when you get conspired upon by a group of d-bags. And it seems that the people who are complaining about group kick mechanics get removed more than just once in a while.

Note that I have indeed been *asked* to leave to be replaced by a guildie, which I agreed to - but never kicked.

when the things the person said, were true, it was a group of d-bags.

He could have been kicked prior to that but we don't know that and I don't like to assume it just because most of them were

I have never been kicked from a group, but dont fully understand groups other than the general kill order and general looting etiquette.

I was in a group as a DPS Guardian and the group was moaning about the DPS pulling too much agro (Fortunatly it was not me it was the other DPS in the group) I had to ask if they ment me as I had no idea if it was or how I would even prevent it.

Anybody know of any simple guides to help me understand this (in simple english) so that I might better understand what else I am supposed to be doing.

I have never been kicked from a group, but dont fully understand groups other than the general kill order and general looting etiquette.

I was in a group as a DPS Guardian and the group was moaning about the DPS pulling too much agro (Fortunatly it was not me it was the other DPS in the group) I had to ask if they ment me as I had no idea if it was or how I would even prevent it.

Anybody know of any simple guides to help me understand this (in simple english) so that I might better understand what else I am supposed to be doing.

Read this thread and you will learn a lot of thing you shouldn't do :D

other than that the easiest guide would probably be noxxic.com, but you always have to be careful with their guides, as they for example list the threat reduce cd in the tank guides, which is complete nonsense

Edited by Never_Hesitate

Got kicked tonight because I had a single bladed lightsaber and not a double bladed lightsaber, even though I modded it and was stronger than any double bladed lightsaber I have had before, what's more annoying I had waited over 40 minutes to get into a flashpoint.

Got kicked tonight because I had a single bladed lightsaber and not a double bladed lightsaber, even though I modded it and was stronger than any double bladed lightsaber I have had before, what's more annoying I had waited over 40 minutes to get into a flashpoint.

Many of your class abilities only work if you heve a double bladed lightsaber,so you were gimping yourself and by extension your teammates,while I can't say for sure if you would have been able to compete I can understand why they did it.....

Many of your class abilities only work if you heve a double bladed lightsaber,so you were gimping yourself and by extension your teammates,while I can't say for sure if you would have been able to compete I can understand why they did it.....

Furthermore, if you modded it, you can just take those same mods and put them in a double saber to get the same stats.

You guys must have a very crappy reputation doing that to PUG players.

I hope I will never team up with you guys

They didn't end up kicking anyone. Those that suggested are no longer in guild either.

I remember queuing in group finder on my healer alt for a 55 HM Cademimu -- and I got this absolutely awful tank/DPS pair. The tank was bad with cooldowns and couldn't keep threat, but the DPS was both bad (low DPS) and offensive in chat. He refused to listen to advice, failed to CC or broke CC at every opportunity, and maintained a stream of invective directed at me and the other DPS throughout this flashpoint.

This DPS also couldn't understand how to break shackles on the General Ortol fight and then decided to tell everyone else THEY were idiots on the ensuing and inevitable wipe.

I'd had enough of his nonsense by this point, so I started a vote-kick. The other DPS apparently voted with me and the offensive guy was ejected from the group. The tank mentioned with some evident disbelief that we were "stupid" because we'd just kicked his friend.

The tank left, too.

I re-queued myself and the second DPS, who was -- although no gem -- at least trainable. We got a new DPS, I explained to them that we didn't need a tank to finish the fight (because Ortol 'hits like a pansy'), and we proceeded to three-man it with a DPS companion. :cool:

Edited by SandsS

i remember a scum and villainy sm ops via gf when we landed i saw it was a guild run , and greeted everyone , we go on to trasher kill it easily and when wiping at titan 6 cause of their dps's who didn't got behind the rocks in time , so after that wipe i had to reload makeb and darvannis . what happens when i respawn on darvannis ? , they kick me from doing low dps while i was better geared then their dps's and knew my tactics and they didn't . But the worst part was when i got kicked the ops leader pm'd me and started to insult me , call me a noob , and said they were having fun laughing at me ...... . he ended in my ignore list along with all his guildmates

But the worst part was when i got kicked the ops leader pm'd me and started to insult me , call me a noob , and said they were having fun laughing at me ...... .

That's just sad, even if the kicked person was the biggest noob on the server and did everything wrong, why on earth would you harass him after you kicked him? :confused:

I re-queued myself and the second DPS, who was -- although no gem -- at least trainable. We got a new DPS, I explained to them that we didn't need a tank to finish the fight (because Ortol 'hits like a pansy'), and we proceeded to three-man it with a DPS companion. :cool:

How was that possible ?

When you get a match on group finder, you get a match to a full group, whether is a "in progress" flashpoint or not it doesn't matter. I don't understand how you got only 1 people from group finder when you needed 2 replacements. You would get the 2 peeps or none at all. Or I'm missing something ?

This is what you do.

This is why I strongly recommend treating everyone you meat in pugs like garbage.

Constantly point other peoples flaws out. Cuss at them when they mess up. Laugh at their gear. Over all make them feel like a child. If they kick you who cares eventually you will find a group that won't take it personally. Then I would suggest rolling a sage, that way if anyone in the group has anything to say about your potty mouth, don't wait from them to remove you just run up right behind the tank and rescue him. As soon as he dies click exit area. Once the dust settles tell them you are sorry you fat fingered your rescue. By this time they will all be complaining, get in there rinse repeat.

Sure you will be removed, but you know what being removed from a FP sucks, but the laughter from the process of elimination = priceless

This is what you do.

This is why I strongly recommend treating everyone you meat in pugs like garbage.

Constantly point other peoples flaws out. Cuss at them when they mess up. Laugh at their gear. Over all make them feel like a child. If they kick you who cares eventually you will find a group that won't take it personally. Then I would suggest rolling a sage, that way if anyone in the group has anything to say about your potty mouth, don't wait from them to remove you just run up right behind the tank and rescue him. As soon as he dies click exit area. Once the dust settles tell them you are sorry you fat fingered your rescue. By this time they will all be complaining, get in there rinse repeat.

Sure you will be removed, but you know what being removed from a FP sucks, but the laughter from the process of elimination = priceless

most people like to be corrected, because it helps them to get better.

when someone messes up really bad, we laugh at the situation and not the person

We do not laugh at their gear, we simply say: your gear is insufficient

when they're required to be treated like a child in order for them to learn, I will gladly do so

Edited by Never_Hesitate

This is what you do.

lol this is a good way to become common on the populations /ignore list.

Only times I initiate vote kicks:

1) Negative, Draining Attitudes (Name Calling etc)

2) Need Excessively on Items Out of your spec that others need)

3) Refusal To Correct Mistakes

How was that possible ?

When you get a match on group finder, you get a match to a full group, whether is a "in progress" flashpoint or not it doesn't matter. I don't understand how you got only 1 people from group finder when you needed 2 replacements. You would get the 2 peeps or none at all. Or I'm missing something ?

You can get only one replacement at a time. Or at least I did...