Bioware - Balance Bombers For Domination NOW

Korithras

GSF is not in a "healthy" state until you implement changes to make them more balanced for domination matches. On my server I'm seeing people up and quit when the other side fields too many bombers to possibly win, and then we lose to the shutdown of the match because we don't have enough people.

This is not balanced.

This is not healthy.

Pull your heads out of your asses, wake the hell up, do your jobs, and fix your s**t.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Learn2KillBombers

That is all.

I can kill bombers just fine. But not if they've mined the hell out of a satellite capture point where I'm going to get torn to shreds trying to get in close to kill the sat's defense turrets AND the bomber mines/drones AND the bombers themselves.

Everybody knows that bombers are imbalanced when it comes to domination, and they need to be fixed. I'm betting that you fly a bomber because you don't have the chops to actually dogfight, so just shut up and take your no-skill-required class ship nerf like a man.

Would you say that the state of the game is... farcical?

Bombers have many weaknesses, the most glaring of which is that they are entirely unable to do anything when not on a node.

I would say that the problem is once they're on the node, good luck getting them off. Stop trying to skew the point that if one side brings more bombers than the other, then that side is going to win in domination. Period. I've yet to see the match where the side with less bombers beats out the one that has more.

Everybody knows that bombers are imbalanced when it comes to domination, and they need to be fixed. I'm betting that you fly a bomber because you don't have the chops to actually dogfight, so just shut up and take your no-skill-required class ship nerf like a man.

ad populum is not a valid argument.

Would you say that the state of the game is... farcical?

No only the gunsheep are farcical.

Bombers have many weaknesses, the most glaring of which is that they are entirely unable to do anything when not on a node.

And when they are on a node they are stupidly and insanely overpowered. Such brilliant game design - You can't do anything over here, but hey your insanely overpowered over there.

The gunsheep is almighty! Baaaaaahhhhhhhds bow before its awesome power!

But if you think about it a gunsheep is a sheep with guns right? But what about gungoats, guncows, or heaven forbid gunsquirrels

But if you think about it a gunsheep is a sheep with guns right? But what about gungoats, guncows, or heaven forbid gunsquirrels

Haven't you heard of the overpowered missilegoat? Or the cattlescout?! God man, get with the times!

Edited by TrinityLyre

Haven't you heard of the overpowered missilegoat? Or the cattlescout?! God man, get with the times!

I duunno those gunsquirrels are pretty OP, particularly when they are in the trees where the leaves hide the charging cloud of their acorn rail.

Although I know some people who could really use a cattlescout, those guncows don't herd themselves.

Edited by Zoom_VI

GSF is not in a "healthy" state until you implement changes to make them more balanced for domination matches. On my server I'm seeing people up and quit when the other side fields too many bombers to possibly win, and then we lose to the shutdown of the match because we don't have enough people.

This is not balanced.

This is not healthy.

Pull your heads out of your asses, wake the hell up, do your jobs, and fix your s**t.

Sounds like you're flying with a buncha bîtches. "Oh, wahhh wahhh! They pulled out bombers so we're gonna ragequit!"

Bioware can nerf the bomber six ways to Sunday. It's not gonna improve pîss-poor attitudes. Had a Domination match last night where the Pubs just kept running in bomber after bomber. I shredded shields while Jordinn shredded hulls.

Won 1000-562.

Physician? Extricate thine own head. ;) -bp

Edited by Sidenti

Oh, but those are nothing compared to micelayers and the friggin' Camelbrrreeaaaker !

Edited by Altheran

I can kill bombers just fine. But not if they've mined the hell out of a satellite capture point where I'm going to get torn to shreds trying to get in close to kill the sat's defense turrets AND the bomber mines/drones AND the bombers themselves.

This is your trouble right here. If you see a bomber set up on a satellite like this, just fly away. There are 7 - 11 other targets for you to swap to. As a scout(i'm going to guess Flashfire/Sting), it's not your job to peel bombers off a satellite. There are 7 - 11 other people on your team. Let someone with proton torpedoes, thermite torpedoes, concussion missiles, EMP missiles, or a 15k LAZOR beam deal with a bomber.

Scouts enjoyed a good run pre-bombers. They still do in fact. How many bombers do you see placing over scouts in kills, damage, or any #rockstar stats? Bombers joining late was a bit of a rude awakening for some scouts because of how sudden and hard of a counter bombers are. If bombers had been around from day one, scouts wouldn't have had 'the good old days' to reminisce back to.

If you can kill bombers outside of satellites already, and Bioware nerfs them so you can kill them under satellites, is that a healthy state for bombers? Bombers are not the only ships that can't dogfight. A Clarion/Imperium is not necessarily a dogfighting machine, and while I don't have much experience with it, the Spearpoint/Bloodmark probably isn't either. Not everyone can be a #rockstar. If you want everyone on your team to have 'chops', who's going to be there to heal you? Refill your ammo? EMP for you?

Bombers are also nice for players that might not have the twitch-reflexes of a 20 year old. Tweaking the AI of the drones is arguable, sure. Seems to me though that Bioware is trying to incorporate something for all ages. I think that's a consideration for 'a healthy state' as well.

darn people derailing a what was looking to be a very good thread with their silly on topic discussion.

"If a bomber is hard to kill, then it must be...?"

It's a witch! BURN IT!

Edited by JeepWithGuy