Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should they buff Madness?

BraverDre
08.29.2018 , 08:09 PM | #1
Madness and Lightning sorcs are underpeforning in Ranked PvP and MM operations. Bioware please check what u have done to sorcs after 5.0 update. 5.3 was not enough. People only play sorc cause it looks good but it performs very bad.

Romeugues
09.03.2018 , 09:29 AM | #2
Yes, more DR buffs for madness and lightning

memerobot
09.04.2018 , 06:05 AM | #3
I'll remind you that Sorcerer is so hard to balance that a single buff can bring the hell that 3.0 Madness Sorc was.

chrishill
09.05.2018 , 11:41 AM | #4
maddness is in a good place...it use a good DR like the earlier post said ...but i think they preform pretty well for a pressure spec..

Romeugues
09.05.2018 , 04:31 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by chrishill View Post
maddness is in a good place...it use a good DR like the earlier post said ...but i think they preform pretty well for a pressure spec..
I was making a joke, since they buffed lightning DR.
I think both specs could use a bit of a buff, Lightning doesn't burst that hard compared to other burst classes and I'm not sure how much pressure madness provides with its dots. I also don't like spamming force lightning, i think the madness rotation is a bit brain dead and boring.

Hoppinswtor
09.05.2018 , 11:02 PM | #6
Madness needs a 300 dps buff. Lightning about 100-150.
Hoppin, The Cutest Mercenary <Death Smile>
Hoppinator (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara),
Hoptimal (Sin), Hopalicious (Jugg), Hopperative (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)

Maxitrac
09.11.2018 , 04:48 AM | #7
They need a buff... unfortunately bioware are going to be very hesitant to buff them after what happened in late 2.0
26/26 Nim/MM 5.0 5/5 Gods pre 5.9
<Paramount> | <Sniper Science> | <Lightning Masters> | <Aeon>

Cylestat
09.12.2018 , 11:10 AM | #8
I think they need to look at how sorcs deal with Melee DPS. Unless you are an olympic level track star as a sorc you don't stand a chance vs an above average melee class.

If you guys had a say how would you change sorc Madness spec?

Personally I would increase the up time of our root (Creeping Terror). Say either a) change from 2 seconds to 3, or b) reduce lockout time from 9 seconds to 6 seconds.

Other change I would consider: Force Leech also gives us a HOT based on damage done. Example: 5k dmg done = 2.5k heal and then 2.5k over XY seconds heal over time.

Thoughts? How would you change it for 6.0?
Lestat

jnrose
09.17.2018 , 10:30 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Maxitrac View Post
after what happened in late 2.0

What happened in 2.0 were they overpowered? Please share.

Thanks,
Maybe it's the first time to try or to return to the game? A major update of new content will be added very soon! I genuinely do recommend at least checking it out, the community is very supportive and welcoming. Please feel free to ask questions and enjoy yourself.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5tNTGM

ceazare
09.19.2018 , 03:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by jnrose View Post
What happened in 2.0 were they overpowered? Please share.

Thanks,
I'm not sure why that bit of ancient would be relevant anymore. By now every spec in game has enjoyed a few months or years of good performance relative to others.

During 2.0-3.0 devs buffed a number of specs. In 2.8 balance/madness was buffed to become 2nd highest parsing spec. That lasted until they released 3.0 expansion Shadow of Revan - about 5 months later.
Pelara <Titans>
The Red Eclipse