Any plans for adding new playable species? Togruta maybe?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really like to see Kel-dor, Torguta, Nautolan and even Kalamari. There are lots and lots of races they could add and I think it's not the biggest problem to do so cause models are already in the game. The only trrouble would be voice over but it's not the great technical issue do to it. There should be races like Trandoshan etc. for Bounty Hunters. So you see there is lots and people would like to see them but I bet they would like to get the money from adding those races.

Though Bioware may not do this, I would just to preserve continuity. I would make Togrutas available for all republic classes for free and make Empire character have to buy it, because you never see and Imperial Togrutas. (Ashara doesn't count) I would also add another spieces that would be empire aligned and they would get it for free and Republic people would have to pay for it. But the Imperial species, like Togrutas, would have to very customizable and be able to speak Basic and wear all clothes, even if headgear would not look perfect or just not show up. Any suggestions for the Imperila spieces?

Two Imp classes come to mind immediately to possibly having Togruta. BH's can be any race. And since the Inquisitor starts off as a slave... and actually eats a Togruta ghost...

Zeltron.

Put in the friggin zeltron already.

Yes, I'm a dude.

At least make a species and blend in Cyborgs, zeltron,echani,mirialan and all the near-human races there as sub-species choices.

While I respect and support the calls for togruta and nautolan and all those species, I myself like humans and near humans who look good.

So yes, frigging ZELTRON.

And a few more body types to go with it. None of the body types in the game will do Zeltron any justice.

Edited by Manweth

They really should add more species in the game that actually appeared in the movies.

Let's have a look at all the races currently in the game..

-Human.

Makes sense, nothing to add about this.

-Cyborg.

Waste of space, cybernetic parts should just be a customisation option available for all races, just as scars.

Thery dont even get tattoos, facial hair or all human haircuts.

-Miraluka.

Also dont get tattoos, facial hair or all haircuts. Not sure why they are even playable since its a rather unknown race. But if they are going to put them in, they should have done it properly and with the full range of options and some more veils.

The veils could also just have been an option for humans since theres no mention of races in this game.

-Zabrak.

Makes sense.. they are a familiar star wars race, everyone that watched the movies will recognize them. There are multible of them in the movies.

They could use some more hairstyles however, they get very few.

-Sith pureblood.

Waste of space.. not exactly a known race. Fine to have I gues.. but not to choose over far more popular and familiar races.

-Mirialan.

Well they where in the movies.. if you watch closely. I gues its a bit of a cop out, they arent that familiar and they didnt even bother giving them the unique blue eye color they have in the movies. I'd like for them to have that since it makes them unique.

-Twi'lek.

The only race they had to put some effort into, and the lekku still appear bugged for jedi. As if one lekku is broken when they have a saber drawn.

Their customisation options are also rather limited. Why do humans and pretty much any race get more shades of skincolor while the twi'leks may be the most diverse in skincolors of all star wars races?

Also, the men look too pretty.. why cant they be ugly like bib fortuna? Or have such options at least?

-Rattaki.

Just playable due to a single character in a cartoon.. seems a bit weird. Seems to be the least played race as well, never see many of them. Again a waste of space. Fine to have if theres plenty of other good choices there along with it, but thats not exactly the case.

-Chiss.

Not in the movies, but they are quite familiar due to many appearances in expanded universe and other games. So I'm fine with their inclusion. Could use more options though. can't they grow beards or have tattoos?

-Kathar.

Again an obscure race that few ever heard of. Not in the movies or anything. Fine to have along with other options but yes.. there arent as many.

I am sure that theres plenty of people who love any of the races I just bashed, but to me it just makes more sense to add a race that everyone knows and as such much more people want to play as over races that arent very well known at all or could have been a customisation option for another race.

Considering how long the game is out, there could have been 10 races by now.. if I where to make a star wars game with multible playable races, I'd have gone with this:

-Human. (all classes.)

-Zabrak. (all classes.)

-Twi'lek. (same classes as current.)

-Rodian. (bounty hunter, inquisitor and smuggler.)

-Trandoshan. (bounty hunter.)

-Kel Dor. (knight and consular.)

-Togruta. (knight, inquisitor and consular.)

-Nautolan. (smuggler, bounty hunter and consular.)

-Chiss. (same classes as current.)

-Mon Calimari. (trooper and smuggler.)

A fine diverse list, all races that are very familiar. Story wise they'd work just fine too. Just need a constant voice modulator for some races, shouldnt be that hard. All quite human races too, at best gloves, helmets and boots wont appear on them. Not that bad.

• 1 month later...
-Human.

Makes sense, nothing to add about this.

-Cyborg.

Waste of space, cybernetic parts should just be a customisation option available for all races, just as scars.

Thery dont even get tattoos, facial hair or all human haircuts.

^ABSOLUTELY TOTALLY COMPLETELY POSSITIVELY AGREE,^

-Miraluka.

Also dont get tattoos, facial hair or all haircuts. Not sure why they are even playable since its a rather unknown race. But if they are going to put them in, they should have done it properly and with the full range of options and some more veils.

The veils could also just have been an option for humans since theres no mention of races in this game.

^COMPLETELY AGREE^

-Zabrak.

Makes sense.. they are a familiar star wars race, everyone that watched the movies will recognize them. There are multible of them in the movies.

They could use some more hairstyles however, they get very few.

^COMPLETELY AGREE^

-Sith pureblood.

Waste of space.. not exactly a known race. Fine to have I gues.. but not to choose over far more popular and familiar races.

^SH*** ON ME!!^

D: ¿What's your problem man? Purebloods are an awsome race and they look sweet on the game...

-Mirialan.

Well they where in the movies.. if you watch closely. I gues its a bit of a cop out, they arent that familiar and they didnt even bother giving them the unique blue eye color they have in the movies. I'd like for them to have that since it makes them unique.

^I ACTUALLY LIKE THAT RACE, LOOKS GOOD AND ITS MORE KNOWN THAN OTHER RACES^

-Twi'lek.

The only race they had to put some effort into, and the lekku still appear bugged for jedi. As if one lekku is broken when they have a saber drawn.

Their customisation options are also rather limited. Why do humans and pretty much any race get more shades of skincolor while the twi'leks may be the most diverse in skincolors of all star wars races?

Also, the men look too pretty.. why cant they be ugly like bib fortuna? Or have such options at least?

^I JUST THINK THIS RACE MUST GET SOME EXTRA FACE MODELS AND PERHAPS SOME NEW SKIN COLORS AS YOU SAID ^

-Rattaki.

Just playable due to a single character in a cartoon.. seems a bit weird. Seems to be the least played race as well, never see many of them. Again a waste of space. Fine to have if theres plenty of other good choices there along with it, but thats not exactly the case.

^I'M NOT A BIG FAN OF THEM EITHER, NEVER CONSIDERED AN I DOUBT I WILL MAKE A CHARACTER WITH THIS RACE^

-Kathar.

Again an obscure race that few ever heard of. Not in the movies or anything. Fine to have along with other options but yes.. there arent as many.

^I WOULD JUST RECOMMEND ADDING MORE OPTIONS TO THIS RACE, STARTING WITH HAIRSTYLES^

Anyone that says pureblood is an obscure unknown race needs to get checked in the head.

They are, imho, the coolest race in game.

I love them too but I do think they need more facemodels :/

Togruta !

TOGRUTAAAAA!!!!! :3

i dont think anyone who would like to see togruta or any other species ( wook for me ) gives a **** about a few minor clipping issues

really wish bioware would take on board that people wanna be something abit more fun than a multi coloured human

• 6 months later...
There has been much discussion in the community regarding additional playable races. There are a number of popular choices including Togruta, Rodian, and Voss with Togruta appearing to command the highest amount of discussion. I realize the developer's responded awhile back about clipping issues which indicates they "have" looked at it. While you can outfit Togruta crew with gear now, I got the impression that cut scenes were a bit of an issue. Is there any chance we can get an update from the Developers on the status of Togruta being included as a playable race. I'd buy it today, if it was available, clipping or no-clipping in cut-scenes. The recent Stronghold (really outstanding release) update and the upcoming Shadow of Revan (already pre-ordered) make me feel like a kid at Christmas. This is the ONE thing I am dieing to have added to the game. Any chance of a triple play?

maybe they should have thought about the incredible amount of limitations this game would have as time progressed before committing to the hero engine.

I think BW should consider on the future to move the game to a "SWTOR II" made on a better engine that allows greater possibilities that further continues the stories of all classes to lv 100 or so.

Here the answer i found general

Unnamed SWTOR Podcast brings lots of juicy info from Cantina NY Tour chat with Bruce Maclean:

http://gaddockgaming.com/2014/10/11/episode-57-nyc-cantina-qa-spoilers/

• Togruta is the next race they're working on, but not for 3.0 of course
  • they're looking into options/working on separating gear stats from fashion (some form of costume manager); this includes the issue of color crystals, if/when they separate the rest of the gear's stats from looks, crystals would be included in the new system as well; POSSIBLY in 3.0
  • they did pod-racing prototype but abandoned it due to technical issues (server lag being cited as the problem with determining race winners)
  • current 55 top-level ops gear = entry level 60 ops gear
  • no world boss in 3.0, but we will be seeing one after 3.0 next year
  • they're talking internally about possibly increasing EC up to level cap again, not for 3.0 though
  • they may look into faction-change in future
  • they are definitely working on the next Stronghold, but no definitive info which planet it will be on; working on combat dummies for strogholds; if they can improve performance they will up NPC limit from 25
  • multi-phase plan to revitalize GSF, increased requisitions being the first phase
  • 2 new tactical FPs are 55-60 leveling FPs, both brand new
  • 4 HM FPs are Tython, Korriban, Manaan & Rakata
  • there is either a solo-mission or FP equivalent of the second operation, the finale of the expansion story (a choice if you prefer to do the solo/FP or Ops version of the story?), Unnamed podcast didn't remember correctly if it was solo-mission or FP, possibly locked behind Reputation grind level (the equivalent, not the actual Op itself!); WOW's Wrath of the Lich King example of this feature was cited; NPCs possibly to "fill-in" for missing group members
  • engineers are working on improving queue-times for PVP, not cross-servers but something "way better"
  • new WZ maps and game-mode next year, they haven't decided what the game-mode will be yet though
  • working on improvement for open world PVP, not on previous Ilum scale but on a "Conquest" scale (?)

There are also HUGE story spoilers for the expansion which I ommitted, if you want to listen to them they start at around 53 minute mark in the podcast. Sorry to Gaddock/Unnamed SWTOR Podcast if I made any mistakes or stepped on some toes, correct me where I made mistakes, but this was a very informative Podcast so I though it needed a thread and bullet points.