Coffee Talk: Episode 9 will be about Time Travel

kirorx

Do you think it is possible that Starwars 9 could be another time heist film, like Avengers: End Game?

This theory seemed insane at first, but then again...

-The world between worlds is a means of time travel that is canon.

Its from Starwars Rebels. Disney had no problem using the the cartoon when they brought back Darth Maul without

explaining it to the movie only viewers

-End Game used time travel as a way to rub that nostalgia button on the fans, by traveling to past films.

This could be a way for Disney to attempt to appease the old fans.

Having the characters travel through events during each of the previous films.

This also explains why the trailer has so many clips from the previous movies, as well as Darth Vader's breathing

heard in the new trailer.

- Dark Rey could be a future version of Rey.

Personally I hate time travel films, but I could see this becoming a reality.

It almost makes sense to do Episode 9 as a just a giant Nostalgia films where we can revist old starwars scenes rather than attempt to get us to fall in love with the new characters in one movie anyway.

I hated this idea, but I guess I would rather see them revist the old movies than more shoe horned Rey vs Kylo stuff.

Maybe we can get a scene at Jabbas Palace, just after the Sarlaac fight and we can confirm Boba survived, lol. I guess that is cooler than just recreating the scenes and calling it something else, like in the Force Awakens.

Here is video for the world between worlds, where it plays tons of old audio from the movies

Edited by kirorx

If you are going on about stupid cliché tropes? how about the trope when someone is hooked up to a virtual reality machine and they believe they are out and free of it, one can argue they never left the device and any future events are one generated within the virtual setting. in reality the character is still hooked up and only minutes pass by. so how can you tell if the character isn't in that infernal contraption? that is one of the stupidest in my book.

Star trek did it in Deep Space 9 at the start of season 3 with a virtual reality setting where the dominion come through and sign a treaty much to the suspicion and distrust of the crew from DS9 and a Romulan officer. They believe they left the VR suite when Odo and Kira came, but how do we know that happened? Odo could of been linked to the female shapeshifter and had his mind wiped and Kira was murdered after this to cover the Dominion's tracks. The remaining crew are still locked up believing events are transpiring as they should with the Klingon and Dominion war and the like. But how can you tell they ever left the VR suites? :rolleyes:

* Nooo! :p

I think that's very unlikely. I just don't see JJ coloring that far outside the lines, particularly after there was a vocal backlash about the risks TLJ took (and given how, just from the previews it looks like JJ might be walking even those risks back -- repairing Kylo Ren's mask and the Skywalker lightsaber seem like pretty big thematic signs in that regard).

The possibility might have been introduced into the SW universe in Rebels, but I can't see them going down that path for "the end of the Skywalker Saga".

Edited by DarthDymond

indeed, i can't see star wars following silly tropes to make a point. remember that these teaser trailers are taken out of context deliberately to whip up hype and those cuts from previous films are just there to provide essentially an end to a 9 part film series within a teaser, so it is very likely from when the film launches that there will be none of this, but it could simply be a force dream of a potential event in the future, one that isn't certain to be the case, but it could be if left unchecked.