Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just back from a long vacation... (and some questions)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Just back from a long vacation... (and some questions)

KeeperOfSajuuk
04.03.2013 , 02:53 PM | #1
Hello All,

I've just come back from a year-long vacay from swtor. I looked up a good healing build, applied it and grabbed the recruit gear. I began some Warzones, and was surprised how often I died (level 50).

I know healers are the most obvious targets, but for the last couple of days, I have had zero survivability in PvP.

Is the fact that I'm in recruit gear what's killing me? I seem to go down in just a few moves, when attacked by, say, a marauder. I bubble, HoT, then the channel heal to try and get my health back up (all the while CCing the attacker and pushing him off of me), which back when I used to PvP worked fine and I could stay alive.

Now, I just die in seconds, even doing what I've read I should be doing. I'm just curious if there's something I'm missing.

Thanks in Advance!
"...what an incomprehensible machine is man! Who can endure toil, famine, stripes, imprisonment & death itself in vindication of his own liberty, and the next moment ... inflict on his fellow men a bondage, one hour of which is fraught with more misery than ages of that which he rose in rebellion to oppose." -Thomas Jefferson

Nibbon
04.03.2013 , 03:34 PM | #2
That is just the way things are, currently. I recommend switching to the hybrid heal build, if you aren't doing that already (meaning speccing into stun bubble). This will boost your survivability quite a bit.

Otherwise, just make sure you are standing out in the perimeter of fights - see if you can get a tank to guard you. It sounds like you are using your CC already, but don't forget to use your stun and force speed away. PEople also seem to forget to interrupt, too, and that definitely helps.

You said it right already, you are a healer and you are going to die a lot - it comes with the territory. And yes, your recruit gear is only a hindrance - don't forget to augment it fully, that will give you a worthwhile amount of HP.

With 2.0 around the corner, though, it probably isn't all that much worth the effort.

glocklB
04.04.2013 , 11:08 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Nibbon View Post
That is just the way things are, currently. I recommend switching to the hybrid heal build, if you aren't doing that already (meaning speccing into stun bubble). This will boost your survivability quite a bit.

Otherwise, just make sure you are standing out in the perimeter of fights - see if you can get a tank to guard you. It sounds like you are using your CC already, but don't forget to use your stun and force speed away. PEople also seem to forget to interrupt, too, and that definitely helps.

You said it right already, you are a healer and you are going to die a lot - it comes with the territory. And yes, your recruit gear is only a hindrance - don't forget to augment it fully, that will give you a worthwhile amount of HP.

With 2.0 around the corner, though, it probably isn't all that much worth the effort.
augment recruit gear, huh? there-there...
<Reckoning> The Red Eclipse - Marine, sorcerer
<Nostrum Dolus> Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Walsix, sage

Nibbon
04.04.2013 , 12:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by glocklB View Post
augment recruit gear, huh? there-there...
lol, I probably wouldn't either As someone with plenty of credits, though, it would only help - 14-15k hp to like 17-18k? Even if you just used blue augments, that is pretty cheap.