Aces?

Argonloris

hardly average :rak_03: I'm not going to list my accolades to be considered an ace, I'll save that for another thread, but I'd gladly fly against you're imp team any day, and by any day, I mean sunday - wednesday.

It is nice to see the quality of imp players improve. It was real bad there for way too long. Whose your toon? Would you consider yourself an Ace?

-Ilsilud

(Ajora)

My toon is Xi'ao, and since I've got an average 8+:1 K/D, I like to think I make the selection grade. It was a pretty lonely fight in the solo-q days before some of the decent Imps managed to friend list each other and at least get into the same match regularly.

There aren't that many organized teams on Imp side, but I've run a lot of matches with the imp players mentioned so far (actually almost all of them). I'll keep an eye out for you and hopefully we can get some good games going, even if it's just the two of us and a bunch of two-shippers :).

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My toon is Xi'ao, and since I've got an average 8+:1 K/D, I like to think I make the selection grade. It was a pretty lonely fight in the solo-q days before some of the decent Imps managed to friend list each other and at least get into the same match regularly.

There aren't that many organized teams on Imp side, but I've run a lot of matches with the imp players mentioned so far (actually almost all of them). I'll keep an eye out for you and hopefully we can get some good games going, even if it's just the two of us and a bunch of two-shippers :).

Oh that makes total sense now, It's always a pleasure/hassle to play against you, Lormaru, etc. and I certainly focus my targets while flying against you guys. I never fly premade as a pub, and only two ship it when zonri is on. A cordial awareness of skilled opponents always makes for a better GSF match, I look forward to the challenge.

Lepton! Hardly ever see you on anymore, but I did see you the other night in a match with Levv. ;)

Just to note, Levv is the pub Levvix's Imperial alter ego. Doesn't really matter, but I do think we should maybe start to cut the people down to 1 nomination, and maybe just list known aliases? Would keep the lists from getting too long, but I'm not the one who has to maintain the list.

I've been leveling several alts and spending some time on the imperial side (I dig the clean fleet station, Pub fleet needs some housekeeping).

I agree on the list getting a bit long but we had a few other names that were already on both sides and Levv made an impression on me before I picked up on that he is also Levvix. Given that their has been an ever so slight bias to Pub victory (I'm 87% win Pub, 54% win Imp in around 700 matches) I was just looking to ensure the guys who have been making it happen for the imps are recognized - those wins/kills are frequently made in challenging situations.

As always, look forward to seeing you on the field...errr....hard vacuum of battle.

Moganas is good, but not that good. We can dispatch him without bigger problems unless he's got Damage Overload. And in fact we, Imps, are outnumbered on Progenitor and considerably weaker than Pubs. Still, we're fighting with pride.

o7 Lindemann

http://i60.tinypic.com/18hcno.jpg

Frankly speaking I think Yxunamun or smth like that is better pilot. Him/her is most likely the top pilot pubs side.

P. S. Thanks to Leong and team for keeping imps side morale up.

P.P.S. Even though naming gunship pilots "aces" is against my values. I can hardly see any skill needed there to aim and there are bunch of them named. I would rather refer/limit this thread to mainly true dogfighters.

Edited by AdvancedJedi

Frankly speaking I think Yxunamun or smth like that is better pilot. Him/her is most likely the top pilot pubs side.

P. S. Thanks to Leong and team for keeping imps side morale up.

P.P.S. Even though naming gunship pilots "aces" is against my values. I can hardly see any skill needed there to aim and there are bunch of them named. I would rather refer/limit this thread to mainly true dogfighters.

Never met anyone named Yxunamun and I'm playing every day.

P.S. Thanks, it appears we are the only Imperial squadron on Progenitor. Still win ratio when asking people is Empire 3:7 Republic. And as far as I read forums, other servers appears to be similar, with Empire losing more than winning. Interesting coincidence. I'm playing on both sides and Republic seems to be significantly easier to win, and when I say significantly I compare my 58% win ratio with Empire and 73% with Republic. Oblivion. On Empire side I'm playing with premade, on Republic side alone - something is really wrong with balance here.

P.P.S. Ever tried to shot down experienced player with Gunship? It's as hard as doing it in any other ship. Same thing with terribads - they are easy prey while playing Gunship, Scout or any other ship. Just because playstyle is static sometimes (to be honest most of the time you're escaping from hostile Scouts or dogfighting them when they approach directly) it doesn't mean it's easier. I'm playing Rycer, Sting and Mangler and the easiest ship to control is obviously Sting. It's dumb-resistant and outperforms all types of Strike Fighters by parsecs. The most difficult is Rycer - this ship really needs skill to be deadly (and I'm decent with him, but far from Sting's performance when I'm playing and most of the matches I have to self destruct to refuel Cluster Missiles).

Edited by AchtAcht

Never met anyone named Yxunamun and I'm playing every day.

P.S. Thanks, it appears we are the only Imperial squadron on Progenitor. Still win ratio when asking people is Empire 3:7 Republic. And as far as I read forums, other servers appears to be similar, with Empire losing more than winning. Interesting coincidence. I'm playing on both sides and Republic seems to be significantly easier to win, and when I say significantly I compare my 58% win ratio with Empire and 73% with Republic. Oblivion. On Empire side I'm playing with premade, on Republic side alone - something is really wrong with balance here.

P.P.S. Ever tried to shot down experienced player with Gunship? It's as hard as doing it in any other ship. Same thing with terribads - they are easy prey while playing Gunship, Scout or any other ship. Just because playstyle is static sometimes (to be honest most of the time you're escaping from hostile Scouts or dogfighting them when they approach directly) it doesn't mean it's easier. I'm playing Rycer, Sting and Mangler and the easiest ship to control is obviously Sting. It's dumb-resistant and outperforms all types of Strike Fighters by parsecs. The most difficult is Rycer - this ship really needs skill to be deadly (and I'm decent with him, but far from Sting's performance when I'm playing and most of the matches I have to self destruct to refuel Cluster Missiles).

Lindemann,

I tried and shot down experienced players in scouts, gunships, strikers and bombers. Im not talking about 1 vs 1 gunship vs scout when gunship is spotted, but farming scouts and strike fighters chasing each other. It pisses me off one does not need to see actual hull of a ship in order to land a shot. Ship can be a point even smaller than reticle. In fact it is better not to zoom any further in sniping mode in a gunship but rather zoom out to have better chances. Is it normal? Shall be oposite in my opinion. Leong wouldnt be switching to gunship from his striker/scout as soon as match tide turns against imps or him facing good dogfighter like Cody, Klea, Lee, etc. if it would be easier to dogfight vs gunship mode.

P. S. Im not saying Leong is bad pilot btw. I respect him and the team. Just pointing out what i often see.

Edited by AdvancedJedi

@UP

Then you indeed must feel irritated when being shot down by Sting/Flashfire with double-volleyed - 1,5 second lock-on - no cooldown Cluster Missiles and 100% armor piercing - overloading - 50% < critical chancing - one-shot-killing Burst Cannons. Kiling anything with one shot in Gunship is possible when enemy is stripped out of shields - and to do this you need to hit him with Ion Railgun which is far more difficult to use than Slug or Plasma (there is no tracking, you need to pinpoint him directly). Then you can shoot and instakill enemy... At least if it's NovaDive/Blackbolt or stock Strike Fighter. Otherwise you won't do this. With Sting/Flashfire you can devastate with 2 shots virtually every ship except bomber, where you need outstanding 3 shots. Sorry, about being overpowered pilots of Stings/Flashfires can tell more. And don't tell me about "limitations" like 4000m range (because ships are flying with death field around them reaching 4001m), lock-on time (when there is virtually no lock-on time with Cluster Missiles), need of control (seriously, just don't use Barrel Roll in front of a rock and you will be fine) or dynamic battle (sorry, dynamic battle not exist here, ships are clumsy and thanks to incredibly vast area only full retarded pilot can constantly crash into things). Similar limitations exist with Gunships - you need to stay in one place because you can't attack on move = easy prey for everyone except Gunship on other side ot the map. You need to keep maximum distance because your main weapon is useless when enemy is closer than 4600m. You are pretty much dead when anything circles you - your turning rate is slower even than Bomber. In close combat you are dead, except incident when stock Blackbolt is trying to approach you directly. You are the main target of the enemy thanks to opinions like yours, where most players think that slowpoking through open space near enemy spawn is pretty damn good idea and when they get shot from nowhere they won't accelerate and start searching for attacker - they will afterburn into the rock or boost away and start storytelling about how bad Gunship touched them.

@UP

Then you indeed must feel irritated when being shot down by Sting/Flashfire with double-volleyed - 1,5 second lock-on - no cooldown Cluster Missiles and 100% armor piercing - overloading - 50% < critical chancing - one-shot-killing Burst Cannons. Kiling anything with one shot in Gunship is possible when enemy is stripped out of shields - and to do this you need to hit him with Ion Railgun which is far more difficult to use than Slug or Plasma (there is no tracking, you need to pinpoint him directly). Then you can shoot and instakill enemy... At least if it's NovaDive/Blackbolt or stock Strike Fighter. Otherwise you won't do this. With Sting/Flashfire you can devastate with 2 shots virtually every ship except bomber, where you need outstanding 3 shots. Sorry, about being overpowered pilots of Stings/Flashfires can tell more. And don't tell me about "limitations" like 4000m range (because ships are flying with death field around them reaching 4001m), lock-on time (when there is virtually no lock-on time with Cluster Missiles), need of control (seriously, just don't use Barrel Roll in front of a rock and you will be fine) or dynamic battle (sorry, dynamic battle not exist here, ships are clumsy and thanks to incredibly vast area only full retarded pilot can constantly crash into things). Similar limitations exist with Gunships - you need to stay in one place because you can't attack on move = easy prey for everyone except Gunship on other side ot the map. You need to keep maximum distance because your main weapon is useless when enemy is closer than 4600m. You are pretty much dead when anything circles you - your turning rate is slower even than Bomber. In close combat you are dead, except incident when stock Blackbolt is trying to approach you directly. You are the main target of the enemy thanks to opinions like yours, where most players think that slowpoking through open space near enemy spawn is pretty damn good idea and when they get shot from nowhere they won't accelerate and start searching for attacker - they will afterburn into the rock or boost away and start storytelling about how bad Gunship touched them.

Lindemann,

Your post is like: "Look There!", pointing in the direction above and behind the opponent and running away when s/he turns. I didnt ask you to comment on scouts. I said GS aiming needs to be more realistic, that aiming and shooting without seeing enemy in the scope as a sniper is wrong, and that Leong wouldnt switch to gs from his strike fighter seeing good opponent (btw as far as i remember at least 2 players i named above dont use burst cannons) I also switch to gunship when team is being totally dominated and it helps. Must be a reason for that, even though i dislike it.

And re: scouts. I have no big problems fighting Zackary 1 vs 1 who is heavy burst cannon user in my newly started alt scout with almost 0 upgrades and light lasers. Anyway, enough said. This thread is not for class discussion.

Edited by AdvancedJedi

Got some more aces for Ebon Hawk!

Kantherian ®, Hanak ®, Ellscari ®, Kamie (E), Knickers (E), Xenthos ®, Viciousdrake (E), Cynfor (E), Ashendelle ®, and round it out with Gerrik ®.

Edit: Also, Cardnylsin ® isn't one of ours. He's POT5.

Double Edit: Actually, everybody after Balor is POT5.

One of the people on your list was banned for cheating in GSF~ Not saying who, but fyi, that's why they haven't been around for a while.

One of the people on your list was banned for cheating in GSF~ Not saying who, but fyi, that's why they haven't been around for a while.

How in the world does anyone cheat at GSF? The mechanics of the combat should make it rather difficult. The only thing I can think of is spiking their connection to lag on demand?

How in the world does anyone cheat at GSF? The mechanics of the combat should make it rather difficult. The only thing I can think of is spiking their connection to lag on demand?

No, this was actual hacks. Teleport hacking and some sort of hack that let them sit on one side of the map and hit you clear on the other side. Was witnessed by a dev.

Some real nasty ones I hear, ranged hacks (shooting from across the map) and teleporting. Unfortunately for said person they did it against a GM's character. Fortunately for everyone else, the person's banned.

There are a few others that I could imagine working.

Good riddance then. And just in case the person in question was in <Eclipse Squadron> (even if briefly), I'd like to state that I abhor cheating of any kind, and if I ever catch anyone in my build doing it (or even suggesting the possibility), I'd report them myself.

I play GSF for the ego boost it gives me :) For me, cheating in any way would defeat the whole point.

]Some real nasty ones I hear, ranged hacks (shooting from across the map) and teleporting. Unfortunately for said person they did it against a GM's character. Fortunately for everyone else, the person's banned.

Is it bad I laughed at this?

Edited by Nomaad

Some real nasty ones I hear, ranged hacks (shooting from across the map) and teleporting. Unfortunately for said person they did it against a GM's character. Fortunately for everyone else, the person's banned.

There are a few others that I could imagine working.

Beautiful.

No, this was actual hacks. Teleport hacking and some sort of hack that let them sit on one side of the map and hit you clear on the other side. Was witnessed by a dev.

Funny, I've played 800+ matches and have never seen anything that's even a little suspicious. Most of the pre-2.6 cheating accusations could be chalked up to OP Evasion abilities and bypass one-shots.

Funny, I've played 800+ matches and have never seen anything that's even a little suspicious. Most of the pre-2.6 cheating accusations could be chalked up to OP Evasion abilities and bypass one-shots.

Last week someone was using a warp-around-the-map hack (this is apparently a thing that's also used in warzones, but I've not played those in over a year). Pre-2.6 I noticed a fair number of people who conveniently only lagged when being shot at or when someone tried to put a missile lock on them, which often ended with them breaking the lock, dodging the shots, and (sometimes) flying into a satellite. I've not noticed that nearly so much since the patch, though.

The Progenitor

Republic: Odysseus, Rosy, Zolo, Lee, Cody, Alastra, Kessler, Moganas

Imperial:Leong, Oriane, Valerien, Akordia, Anded, Razorwire, Miriya, Mitra, Lindemann, Hettir, Miriell, Nymika, Gopeto

Unknown:

I am Progenitor Repside pilot.

In the Rep part I miss my favourite guys to group with - Zackary, Kam'ma, and already mentioned Yxunomei. I wouldn't nominate them just because I like to group with them, but actually because they are usually the key(s) to victory.

Imps are usually just targets for me, I don't remember most names. There are only two I remember: Razorwire and Celine. First one is already on the list, a bomber who does good in domination, if he has support (otherwise regular bomber). The other one is very good scout pilot who always gives a great fight.

Edited by Slivovidze

In the Rep part I miss my favourite guys to group with - Zackary, Kam'ma, and already mentioned Yxunomei. I wouldn't nominate them just because I like to group with them, but actually because they are usually the key(s) to victory.

Zackary - maaaybe. But Kam'ma? Sorry, no. She's 100% dependant on her premade. Without them she's worse than casual beginner. I know it because I'm often queuing solo on my alt and when I meet her without solid backup of 3 guys (including 1 Gunship and 2 Flashfires) she's constantly smashing her face into the rocks or debris. Even in protecting nodes in her beloved Bomber she's failing terribly. So I wouldn't put Kam'ma anywhere amongst Aces. Amongst ragers - for sure. She was harassing few our players and threatening them like "all our Aces will focus you, @#$%!". Sorry, no respect for a person which switches between alts of both factions just to insult someone who owned her. About Yuxunamei as I mentioned earlier I can't say anything.

And you said, that we are mostly "targets" for you. If you're not one of these people:

- Moganas,

- Klea,

- Ihra,

- Cody,

- Lee,

then it appears that you're one of the fleas which parasites on their skill. They are good and it's a pleasure to fight against them.

PS. Razorwire is hated amongst Imperial GSF players for his traitorous and deceptive nature - every time he queues with us he leaves after 2-3 battles, next battle he appears as "Donnie" on Republic side with his premade and thanks to things he observed and read, he's exploiting tactics to win. It will be better for him to stay on Rep side, we won't tolerate such behaviour in our ranks.

Edited by AchtAcht

Sorry, no respect for a person which switches between alts of both factions just to insult someone who owned her.
It will be better for him to stay on Rep side, we won't tolerate such behaviour in our ranks.

Admittedly, I am ridiculously biased when it comes to the arbitrary faction divide, but don't you see this as a little bit... stupid?

@UP

I wouldn't care about it (since I'm playing both sides, but Republic rarely), but when you see such behaviour you don't want to be in one group with such person. Ignore option isn't working for GSF so even if you don't want to, you will be grouped with "traitor". Imperial GSF players on Progenitor are few, and when I say few I mean less than 15 regular players. Republic side is outnumbering us terribly in every aspect, overall amount of players, warzone joiners, GSF joiners, even guilds and premades. Thanks to that, we are creating small groups dedicated only to certain things. We have solid PvP community and we are trying to create our own GSF community. When Razorwire is queuing with us, and then "he needs" to go and we see his Republic alt Donnie opposing us and exploiting our tactics together with his own premade - it's not really good for our morale. I hope I explained it decently?