Rakghoul Overlord on Taris

MikeTheDuke

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm on Jung Ma, and we don't have the population to spawn a second instance. I have been camping the spot with an alt for 2 weeks without luck. And I am at work when the servers reset for patches, so no luck there.

Bioware, please help us and modify the spawn timer. It is impossible for some to kill this mob if it only spawns at server reset or instance spawn. Hopefully you will at least let us know you are reading this.

Quintain,

Jung Ma

Night's Radiance

Yes, he is in the power plant. And yes, he is a rare spawn. It took me a LONG time to nab him as well. You basically need to camp and wait for a new instance to open up, or catch right after server reset on Tuesday. And so forth. It is quite annoying. I have felt you pain.

Stick with it and you'll get it.

• 2 months later...
I definitely agree, the respawn timer needs to be toned down, the best chance of getting him is by waiting for another instance to pop up on taris. Maybe the rakghoul should have an anti solo mechanic so it will require a group, I think that might be a better solution:rak_02: just like the coruscant world boss

• 3 weeks later...

I just can't understand the need for such a long respawn on that kind of mob. It's not like it's dropping an amazing loot and its access needs to be limited.

But BioWare never had been keen to decisions making sense. So no wonder.

So my server no longer has the population to get a new instance on Taris. And there is no way I can be around when the server restarts on tuesday (something called "working"). So that means that I can give this achievement up for good? This is beyond ridiculous.

Edited by demotivator

• 1 month later...
I just can't understand the need for such a long respawn on that kind of mob. It's not like it's dropping an amazing loot and its access needs to be limited.

But BioWare never had been keen to decisions making sense. So no wonder.

So my server no longer has the population to get a new instance on Taris. And there is no way I can be around when the server restarts on tuesday (something called "working"). So that means that I can give this achievement up for good? This is beyond ridiculous.

same we need to know the respwan time would help and we even tryed a round the rest time 11-1300 gmt lass to no evail.....come on this is geting to be a bad joke......

He don't respawn at all. As mention before, he spawns only once on instance creation, then never again. So either log out at his location before a server restart, like when a patch is applied, then immediately login when the servers are back online, or wait for a new instance to be created and then switch. Edited by Dragoon-

• 2 weeks later...
Ridiculous..... Bioware.... do you read the forums??? Please at least make this a reasonable re spawn timer... couple of hours maybe??..... not everyone who plays the game can afford to wait around for a new instance to pop, or manage to be on exactly when a server restart happens..... ***????

Ridiculous..... Bioware.... do you read the forums??? Please at least make this a reasonable re spawn timer... couple of hours maybe??..... not everyone who plays the game can afford to wait around for a new instance to pop, or manage to be on exactly when a server restart happens..... ***????

Last tuesday, I finally managed to get it, but only because I came home at noon and expected the maintenance to end sooner. Not everyone has that luxury, so I agree, let it respawn every three hours or so. The monster isn't anything special.

The Rakghoul event is probably my favourite one. I remember the first time, when they had just released it and everyone onf Fleet ended up sick. It was hilarious, BioWare hadn't thought it through perfectly before releasing. It was a mistake, but it was so funny.

Definitely do not change how often this guy spawns.

Rare and unique items need to *stay* rare and unique. It's really cool to finally get a title/speeder/hat/etc and anyone who knows about it will know how tough some things are to acquire and (should) respect the player who managed to do it.

SWTOR needs more things like this that take lots of time and/or effort to earn. Personally, I didn't even know about this but now it's something I can look forward to achieving and just gives me one more cool thing to do.

Definitely do not change how often this guy spawns.

Rare and unique items need to *stay* rare and unique. It's really cool to finally get a title/speeder/hat/etc and anyone who knows about it will know how tough some things are to acquire and (should) respect the player who managed to do it.

SWTOR needs more things like this that take lots of time and/or effort to earn. Personally, I didn't even know about this but now it's something I can look forward to achieving and just gives me one more cool thing to do.

Frankly, now having the achievement myself I do not agree with this. There is nothing respectworthy about an achievement you can only get right after maintenance. All it states is you have either no real life or are lucky enough to not have any obligations at that time (or are lucky enough to be on a server where it is still possible to have a second Taris instance).

If he was a lvl 55 world boss that presented a significant challenge to down for a group (or even a particularly complex solo fight for a max level character) then I could see having him only spawn once, as that would add to the genuine achievement that downing him represents.

As it is, the only "accomplishment" signified by downing him is "I don't have to be at work when the patch finishes".

This should be changed if it's not a bug, and fixed if it is.

Frankly, now having the achievement myself I do not agree with this. There is nothing respectworthy about an achievement you can only get right after maintenance. All it states is you have either no real life or are lucky enough to not have any obligations at that time (or are lucky enough to be on a server where it is still possible to have a second Taris instance).

Agreed. I struggled with this for ages before I realised the "after-maintenance" route.

I am lucky enough to live in APAC where we enjoy maintenance times during our peak hours. So I only had to be awake at 10pm most Tuesdays (during our winter) to be on right after maintenance.

But really, are we saying that's some sort of skill that I have? Do I deserve my achievements more than others because I am lucky enough that BW don't care about my time zone at all when they schedule their maintenance? I mean, yey me, right? I got mad skillz right there. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

This one is really crazy. Yeah, I mean, you should have some rare hard content, but lets not overdue it. People mostly get it after server reset, I even took vacation for it, but still didn't log in time (didn't even see a corpse).

What I did today is I let my character at the respawn spot, with my companion up, and kept the directional key pressed, so when he spawns, he agrros and my companion kills him. But believe me, that is silly! There is also a big chance that someone might get him instead of me anyway.

Hopefully I will have my achievement when I come home!

• 1 month later...
Finally I got him too after a new instance was created 5 min ago on T3-M4. Had a Jedi-Knight standing there and when I was looking for datacrons on another char I noticed the growing server population. At 116 players the second instance was created. Luck for me :D

Finally I got him too after a new instance was created 5 min ago on T3-M4. Had a Jedi-Knight standing there and when I was looking for datacrons on another char I noticed the growing server population. At 116 players the second instance was created. Luck for me :D

Most servers no longer have that kind of population to create a new instance. I barely even see a second instance of the Republic fleet anymore...

Bump, logged in (4 min after servers went up) and he was dead. TBhH I blame Bioware evn more because servers went up before time and I didnt notice.

Anyways, fix this? Fix it fast?

I think I randomly killed him (for the lulz) on a datacron run. Cannot remember when it was, though, so might've been before 'chieves.

• 3 weeks later...