*** bombers?

AK_Snowbat

when ya'll had these on the PTR you pulled them out because they were OP..now you put them back in and it doesn't seem like you changed anything, they're still OP.

the community that i've played with thus far is pretty unhappy about the fact that they have no weaknesses.. they take hits like a tank and drop mines as they fly in circles around the bases, you can't get in close enough for guns because the mines take you out and any damage you may have done is repaired by their drones.

you've created another situation like we had with the gunships where the players used what they wanted and the exploiters (hard core as they call themselves) do whatever they do to make a sniper ship into a close range killing machine that can ... somehow .. stop on a dime.

please either soften them up or increase the time between mine usage, weaken the damn mines so they aren't almost instant kill and lower their damn range for attraction

and please add another sound for lock from missles to mines, can't tell the difference so i don't know if there's a stupid mine on me or another player.

I've killed two this week in a properly set up Scout. I don't see the problem. If the game were easy, it'd be boring.

that's my whole point, this whole week you've killed two..

i've been killed more by missle drones and mines these past two days then i have by fighters in the past 2 months

I played my bomber for the last few days and thought they were not OP, but, now that I played my fully equipped scout and get blown up by one shot from these droppable 100% accurate seekers I do agree that they are quite a bit OP. At least make the accuracy of these match the accuracy of the person dropping them. If the person dropping it only has 20% accuracy in combat in the match then make the seeker hit 1/5 times. It's way too powerful for how new it is. There's no way people are 100% equipped on these yet and they're only going to get more powerful in coming weeks.

I played my bomber for the last few days and thought they were not OP, but, now that I played my fully equipped scout and get blown up by one shot from these droppable 100% accurate seekers I do agree that they are quite a bit OP. At least make the accuracy of these match the accuracy of the person dropping them. If the person dropping it only has 20% accuracy in combat in the match then make the seeker hit 1/5 times. It's way too powerful for how new it is. There's no way people are 100% equipped on these yet and they're only going to get more powerful in coming weeks.

Or fly a strike with heavy lasers and abuse the crap out of bombers. BTW strikes abuse scouts also with the right setup and tactical approach. ;)

Edited by -Streven-

that's my whole point, this whole week you've killed two.

They were the only two I ran into. The rest of the time I was busy killing other scouts, Strike fighters and Gunships, or else busy taking objective sites. Remember, it's not a free-for-all game, it's meant to be squad-style combat, with coordinated attacks. If you've got an under-equipped ship, then yes, you might get taken out by an upgraded bomber or a plain bomber flown by an experienced pilot. If you cooperate with other pilots like you're supposed to do (you're put in teams for a reason) then as a team, you can combine the powers of a few basic scouts to create a super powerful fire team.

Think of how real armed forces operate. Fire teams, squads, and so on. You never see a serious armed force send in soldiers one by one with 2 km separation between them. Likewise with air power. You have groups of aircraft, spotters and so on. Aggregate firepower. Force multiplication. These aren't duels.

I was able to rack up a few kills against what I assume were new bomber pilots because my scouts are fully upgraded. That's not normal. In a week, maybe even in a day, I'll have to always ensure I rally at some location with wingmen, and fly in with concentrated fire on any big target.

You don't even need a premade group to do this. All you need to do, in that big, long, boring wait time before the game starts, is ask who wants to fly in a pack for concentrated fire, then pick a few meeting places if you lose a member and they have to respawn and find you.

Who's up for flying as a squad?

Ok, we'll focus on C, if we lose you, we'll rally at the cargo ships.

Simple.

Your ships should look like this on a map

>

> ------------<

>

Not like this:

<--------------------------------------<

----------------------------------->------------------------------>

They were the only two I ran into. The rest of the time I was busy killing other scouts, Strike fighters and Gunships, or else busy taking objective sites. Remember, it's not a free-for-all game, it's meant to be squad-style combat, with coordinated attacks. If you've got an under-equipped ship, then yes, you might get taken out by an upgraded bomber or a plain bomber flown by an experienced pilot. If you cooperate with other pilots like you're supposed to do (you're put in teams for a reason) then as a team, you can combine the powers of a few basic scouts to create a super powerful fire team.

Think of how real armed forces operate. Fire teams, squads, and so on. You never see a serious armed force send in soldiers one by one with 2 km separation between them. Likewise with air power. You have groups of aircraft, spotters and so on. Aggregate firepower. Force multiplication. These aren't duels.

I was able to rack up a few kills against what I assume were new bomber pilots because my scouts are fully upgraded. That's not normal. In a week, maybe even in a day, I'll have to always ensure I rally at some location with wingmen, and fly in with concentrated fire on any big target.

You don't even need a premade group to do this. All you need to do, in that big, long, boring wait time before the game starts, is ask who wants to fly in a pack for concentrated fire, then pick a few meeting places if you lose a member and they have to respawn and find you.

Who's up for flying as a squad?

Ok, we'll focus on C, if we lose you, we'll rally at the cargo ships.

Simple.

Your ships should look like this on a map

>

> ------------<

>

Not like this:

<--------------------------------------<

----------------------------------->------------------------------>

okay, a couple of things.. i've got a fully upgraded scout so i'm not under geared.

i was a combat arms instructor so i know how our armed forces operate

now think how a gamer operates...me me me, it's a nice theory to assume that gamers will work together but quite honestly "a leaderless army is nothing more than a disorderly mob" comes to mind. who can hit harder with their hammer. Gamers don't work together, there's no respect, structure or organization. It's the way it is so that arrow thing isn't going to happen.

The reality is that were getting killed by things and not players, they are new things and often you can see those things. Targeting is broke enough as it is compaired to games where you can lock onto what's in your sights so you can't tell what that is you're looking at until you get close.

Truth be told, the bombers aren't the one's killing us, it's the things they drop..that's what need to be nerfed.

Mistake #1: going after the bomber when his mines are still up.

In my experience mines/drones are a lit easier to see than they were in beta. Kill them first, then the bomber is a sitting duck. I don't even think a bombers hit me with their lasers. Also I've never been one-shottted in my Flashfire. When hit I'm a fireball in the sky but I'm not dead. Mines and drones are meant to perform well in defending a small area and can't move. Nerf them and they become useless in all situations.

when ya'll had these on the PTR you pulled them out because they were OP..now you put them back in and it doesn't seem like you changed anything, they're still OP.

the community that i've played with thus far is pretty unhappy about the fact that they have no weaknesses.. they take hits like a tank and drop mines as they fly in circles around the bases, you can't get in close enough for guns because the mines take you out and any damage you may have done is repaired by their drones.

you've created another situation like we had with the gunships where the players used what they wanted and the exploiters (hard core as they call themselves) do whatever they do to make a sniper ship into a close range killing machine that can ... somehow .. stop on a dime.

please either soften them up or increase the time between mine usage, weaken the damn mines so they aren't almost instant kill and lower their damn range for attraction

and please add another sound for lock from missles to mines, can't tell the difference so i don't know if there's a stupid mine on me or another player.

If only there were some kind of ship with a long range powerful attack that could snipe these bombers from a distance, thereby avoiding the mines.

now think how a gamer operates...me me me

Scan these forums for the term "premade". Plenty of gamers operate as groups, and wherever lone wolf pilots run into what they call premades, they get trounced. It's happens, and it's obviously effective enough to inspire threads debating whether it should even be allowed.

Some samples:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=714712&highlight=premade

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=714188&highlight=premade

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=715079&highlight=premade

Edited by stevetsuida

I can understand why people call the dronecarrier op, but what about minelayer? I do not understand any qq about that at all can someone explain that to me. Because really, the mines only have a 1,500m detection range to do anything, appear easily on your screen and are easily avoidable, can someone explain that to me?

I can understand why people call the dronecarrier op, but what about minelayer? I do not understand any qq about that at all can someone explain that to me. Because really, the mines only have a 1,500m detection range to do anything, appear easily on your screen and are easily avoidable, can someone explain that to me?

Three seeker mines in the same place a point = next scout that tries to cap that point just dies. Throw a couple interdictions in there with it... well, you get the idea.