Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Seena

Sounds like what min maxers are doing when they make a premade in normals to roll pugs- you're complaining about things that the exact same could be said of for level 50 pvpers.

The difference between sub 50 maxed out and post 50 maxed out is why it's a problem though.

Sub 50:

1. Lower over all skill

2. 95% of sub 50 players ARE NOT working on the best gear available

Post 50:

1. Skill level is higher

2. 95% of post 50 players ARE working on the best gear available

Edited by UGLYMRJ

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any fix is a good one. I'd say give them XP throughout the match WHILE it's going. Got a medal? Well you just got XP.

That would also help those who got disconnected during a game for whatever reason, their time spent in the WZ would not be totally wasted. Another goodie.

Yes, twinks are a common sight on EH. There are several Imperial players who have been 45-49 for a very long time, and they're even starting to run twink premades. Truth is, none of them are any good.

Doesn't matter if they are good or not. People playing against them give up (because some people - particularly those who are not that great, think it IS all about the gear/level. You familiar with that are you?). It's about leaving your team hanging in a tied score in Huttball, etc. Even if you personally don't care (and I can beat most if not all of them) -- other people do. And it's affecting team play. THAT is the issue.

And it isn't just Imps. In fact I learned about it from Pubs doing it .

Edited by Seena

It always amuses me that people will justify exploits of the system by pointing fingers at better players and saying its their fault.

Personally, I'm not going to waste my time in Pre-50 on gear. I'll have decent enough to do some good, then get my comm capp and get the hell into real PvP (50's).

But I suppose someone's got to find their ninche somewhere...

=P Remember people, those who use the current system don't want competition, those who exploit the current system do! True story bro.

This isn't about gear. It's about people stopping fighting, and camping nodes for medals when they see these groups. It's about people exiting warzones before the games are finished - and costing a win.

This happens more at 50. Everyone will just be at a node in alderaan. In fact, it happens all the time at 50. Almost every warzone. The fact that you are saying this means you do not pvp at 50. You must be a raider instead of a pvper.

You are not here to make the game better. Stop with your excuses. You got owned by someone with a superior gear. You are just here because you're epeen got destroyed.

This happens more at 50. Everyone will just be at a node in alderaan. In fact, it happens all the time at 50. Almost every warzone. The fact that you are saying this means you do not pvp at 50. You must be a raider instead of a pvper.

You are not here to make the game better. Stop with your excuses. You got owned by someone with a superior gear. You are just here because you're epeen got destroyed.

Hahahah you know nothing about me.

keep trying to justify your bad behavior and cowardice tho.

Nuff said.

::edit:: I take that back. Not enough said. I actually appreciate your input (and those who are arguing so vehemently in favor of this exploit) -- illustrates that it is a genuine problem, and not an isolated event. So, please continue to support this exploit!!!!)

Edited by Seena

The difference between sub 50 maxed out and post 50 maxed out is why it's a problem though.

Sub 50:

1. Lower over all skill

Post 50:

1. Skill level is higher

Yes- but people just hitting 50 are going to get rolled- meanwhile, I'm on my 25 sniper- in full greens no less because I'm too lazy to gear- I'm rolling matches, I just had a game where I got 180k damage- second place had 120k. This is the norm, and I'm getting more kills, and no I'm not ignoring objectives to do this. My one mara (yes, I have a 50 sent and a 40 mara) does even better- I had a match where I had 380k damage, 56 kills- second place had 210k and 31 kills... oh, and that's not rage, that's as annihilation.

Point is- the level and gear mean so little- I could never get top spot by that much in greens at level 50- I'd be lucky to get 3 medals.

Ultimately- this thread is complaining about an issue that isn't there- if anything is the problem it's people sub 20 who are coming in with poor ability selection and generally poor resource management because they haven't hit their resource talents yet.

I can roll WZs at level 25- I see zero reason to say there's a problem here. People want to stick with low level pvp because level 50 pvp you are immediately going to be rolled... again and again and again- I can't blame anyone not eager to jump into that.

THIS is the difference... twinks are just sub par players who get gear advantages because they lack skill advantages. My quote from earlier is why it's weak and pathetic.

Sub 50:

1. Lower over all skill

Post 50:

1. Skill level is higher

Hahahah you know nothing about me.

keep trying to justify your bad behavior and cowardice tho.

Nuff said.

What implies he is justifying this bad behavior? And what makes you assume he/she is cowardice? He is simply pointing out some of the complaints you are backing up your post with, node camping etc, is present in post 50 PvP as well.

Nothing he/she said indicated they do this behavior themselves. Perhaps you should post your OP on your own server forums before spouting off at the mouth giving others this idea of doing this same thing on all servers. Though your intentions are good, you are doing nothing to help better the problem.

Also, the person who responded to you was rather harsh indeed but two wrongs don't make it right...at least not imo. Good luck to you and your server of "twinkers" though. They should do something to prevent it, yes, but going back and forth in a forum using slander isn't helping anything.

Edited by Master_Nate

What implies he is justifying this bad behavior? And what makes you assume he/she is cowardice? He is simply pointing out some of the complaints you are backing up your post with, node camping etc, is present in post 50 PvP as well.

Nothing he/she said indicated they do this behavior themselves. Perhaps you should post your OP on your own server forums before spouting off at the mouth giving others this idea of doing this same thing on all servers. Though your intentions are good, you are doing nothing to help better the problem.

Also, the person who responded to you was rather harsh indeed but two wrongs don't make it right...at least not imo. Good luck to you and your server of "twinkers" though. They should do something to prevent it, yes, but going back and forth in a forum using slander isn't helping anything.

Perhaps you should spend a little more time reading that person's other posts - than lecturing me on mine.

Also if you read through the thread - it IS a problem on other servers. That's the problem with not reading everything carefully tho ;)

I find it very odd that you are more concerned about teaching others to do this than fixing the issue. Wait - I take that back. No, I don't.

Edited by Seena

THIS is the difference... twinks are just sub par players who get gear advantages because they lack skill advantages. My quote from earlier is why it's weak and pathetic.

That's the same as level 50 pvpers justifying their gear advantages over new 50s though- there's no difference. It's just a big advantage for no reason other than time played is more.

I agree it's a poor system- but it's not a poor system only when you want it to be, but good when it benefits you- fact is, everyone saying that it is broken low level but great max level is also saying 'I have my full WH'- it's like pot calling the kettle black.

Furthermore- it's much more of a difference at level 50, so if you were to complain about either- level 50 should be your target.

Edited by fungihoujo

Yes- but people just hitting 50 are going to get rolled- meanwhile, I'm on my 25 sniper- in full greens no less because I'm too lazy to gear- I'm rolling matches, I just had a game where I got 180k damage- second place had 120k. This is the norm, and I'm getting more kills, and no I'm not ignoring objectives to do this. My one mara (yes, I have a 50 sent and a 40 mara) does even better- I had a match where I had 380k damage, 56 kills- second place had 210k and 31 kills... oh, and that's not rage, that's as annihilation.

Point is- the level and gear mean so little- I could never get top spot by that much in greens at level 50- I'd be lucky to get 3 medals.

Ultimately- this thread is complaining about an issue that isn't there- if anything is the problem it's people sub 20 who are coming in with poor ability selection and generally poor resource management because they haven't hit their resource talents yet.

I can roll WZs at level 25- I see zero reason to say there's a problem here. People want to stick with low level pvp because level 50 pvp you are immediately going to be rolled... again and again and again- I can't blame anyone not eager to jump into that.

Because of the normal skill level of sub 50 PvP i think it is a problem. It doesn't affect me and some others... but it affects tons of players who are just grinding their way through war zones and trying to learn the ropes.

Twinks are normally not that good. But put that twink in the hands of a good player and that one person could probably change the tide of the entire war zone. This doesn't happen at 50.... why? Well this is the third time I'll post it but....

Sub 50:

1. Lower over all skill

Post 50:

1. Skill level is higher

And people need to stop with the fresh 50 getting rolled thing... yes, you are at a large gear disadvantage. But most who are complaining are also at an even larger skill disadvantage. And seriously... I don't know how many times this needs to be repeated on these forums but NO FRESH 50 SHOULD EVER BE IN FULL RECRUIT. Also... IT'S SUPER EASY AND QUICK TO GET DECENT PVP GEAR.

If anyone has a hard time getting BM gear in less than 2 weeks... your problem is definitely NOT gear.

::edit:: I take that back. Not enough said. I actually appreciate your input (and those who are arguing so vehemently in favor of this exploit) -- illustrates that it is a genuine problem, and not an isolated event. So, please continue to support this exploit!!!!)

I'm not supporting anything. I can pvp at 50 and I can definitely pvp below it. I just find it funny that you are just in denial. The simple fact is that you don't even know if this is an exploit. You even said so. It is just against your play style. You just don't want to gear up to for your daily pvp quest. It doesn't bother me at all because I gear up and level up through pvp.

The fact is the people at bioware are not looking at this whether it is an exploit or not. They are looking whether this can be profitable or hurt their subscription more. WIth the 7 day warzone pass, I'm thinking they are looking at creating profits from this niche play style.

That's the same as level 50 pvpers justifying their gear advantages over new 50s though- there's no difference. It's just a big advantage for no reason other than time played is more.

I agree it's a poor system- but it's not a poor system only when you want it to be, but good when it benefits you- fact is, everyone saying that it is broken low level but great max level is also saying 'I have my full WH'- it's like pot calling the kettle black.

Dude... seriously... the difference stated in a different way...

A twink is less than 5% of the sub 50 population... so there is a small group of players that have a huge advantage.

A recruit is maybe 15-20% of the post 50 population... which puts 80-85% of players on the same gear level.

Not to mention the twink will have near a full ability set when most players in sub 50 do not.

If you don't see the problem there... well... I give up.

Because of the normal skill level of sub 50 PvP i think it is a problem. It doesn't affect me and some others... but it affects tons of players who are just grinding their way through war zones and trying to learn the ropes.

Twinks are normally not that good. But put that twink in the hands of a good player and that one person could probably change the tide of the entire war zone. This doesn't happen at 50.... why? Well this is the third time I'll post it but....

And people need to stop with the fresh 50 getting rolled thing... yes, you are at a large gear disadvantage. But most who are complaining are also at an even larger skill disadvantage. And seriously... I don't know how many times this needs to be repeated on these forums but NO FRESH 50 SHOULD EVER BE IN FULL RECRUIT. Also... IT'S SUPER EASY AND QUICK TO GET DECENT PVP GEAR.

If anyone has a hard time getting BM gear in less than 2 weeks... your problem is definitely NOT gear.

What gets me is it will be that fast to get WH gear come 1.6 and I still see people complaining. it isn't really about the gear grind to them, if you ask me. I think they just can't handle being the low man for a short time until they get geared.

Furthermore- it's much more of a difference at level 50, so if you were to complain about either- level 50 should be your target.

Nevermind.. I'm giving up after this.

I'm not getting dragged into trying to show the light to the blind. We've had these debates before... its pointless.

Dude... seriously... the difference stated in a different way...

A twink is less than 5% of the sub 50 population... so there is a small group of players that have a huge advantage.

A recruit is maybe 15-20% of the post 50 population... which puts 80-85% of players on the same gear level.

Not to mention the twink will have near a full ability set when most players in sub 50 do not.

If you don't see the problem there... well... I give up.

I bet you work at bioware cause you have numbers. Oh wait, you don't.

Why are you creating statements and arguments based on numbers that are make believe?