Post-story companion kills?

HollyUSEC

Many of my toons have only a few kills with some companions due to role conflicts. If I start the KOTFE story with those toons and then the companions in question rejoin me either through the story content or through the lost companion terminal, am I able to resume building a kill counter with that companion? For example my Sentinel has ZERO kills while using Lord Scourge as a companion. My Sentinel hasn't begun the KOTFE content yet. If I use the lost companion terminal to bring him back after finishing Chapter IX of the KOTFE story, and start doing Nar Shaddaa and Tattooine heroic missions with him, will kills count toward the "1000 kills" achievement?

My apologies if this has been asked before, I really have no idea what search parameters to enter, to try and find such a question.

I think it does not reset since I do believe my progress with Qyzen Fess remained the same after I recruited him as it had been before I started the story arc and lost him as a companion. It even gave me his previously-equipped armor after recruiting him so I could re-quip him with it.

I believe the terminal approach is bugged so far so I do not know about how well it fares with that.

Edited by SingaSong

The "Kill" achievements for companions are across your legacy, not tied to one character so yes, they continue to go up. This can be seen by the new achievement listed under legacy for 2VR8 and C2N2 - so whichever character you kill things with, it counts. Same as killing so many bormu on balmorra counts for both your republic and imperial toons.