Old companions not returned and balance of returning companions

Zapminer

Old, news this thread, but I am still curious as I did all today. My curiousity goes to Jedi Knight. So Knight has Lord Scrouge, and Kira.

Kira is child of emperor, making her really big deal. Lord Scrouge is Immortal Sith and former Wrath. After chapter 3, Scrouge say that: "I will stay and make sure, that the Emperor has not left any suprises."

Him staying away from the KotFE and Eternal Throne is suprising, since he has plotting against the Emperor 300 years and when the time comes he is not there. (Wrath serve Vitiate, a second voice of the Valkorian.)

It actually seems like that there was two empire and two emperor Vitiate and Valkorian! World Eater and Emperor of Zakuul. But somewhere they were united. And Scrouge and Kira was forgotten.

Seems more like bad storytelling, as usual.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's obvious that ...

... these missing (old) companions are fully aware of the rise of the Alliance to the state of the supreme power of the Galaxy and the return of their SW:TOR Hero at the position of this Alliance's one Commander!!!...

Unless they are dead or isolated, even from the Force and every source of information; but why?

They can't be dead (all of them, that is...) because they are part of the story of one MMORPG!...Therefore ....

.... either they haven't the freedom to travel (why ... if not for a very serious reason?) or they have chosen not to return before the solution of some very serious puzzle regarding the fate of the Galaxy and the safety of their beloved and heroic .... companion-leader...

There is a third possibility, they are reluctant to return (Lord Scourge? Jaesa Williams? Ashara Zavros? Someone else?!?) because they have chosen to walk a different path... But what is so important and secretive regarding this very path?!?

There is also another possibility; they have been killed during their effort to investigate that danger; therefore our Character has to find out what happened, to complete their investigation and even to bring justice.... Darth Marr's Force ghost had something to tell about these dangers after alll: "Vaylin is behind Arcann and behind Vaylin are others...." ... and we already met one of them.

He also said that "many will die..."

Edited by cunctatorg

I still hope for some very special force twist story expansion to reintroduce missing companions. Why? Because every (trained) force sensitive companion is still missing, none returned.

And the lack of informations about the future of the game tells me that they are currently debating about pimping or boxing the game. Invest or scrap. Maybe EA put SWTOR on hold for the moment after the SWBF2 / lootbox debacle.

They can't be dead (all of them, that is...) because they are part of the story of one MMORPG!...Therefore ....

.... either they haven't the freedom to travel (why ... if not for a very serious reason?) or they have chosen not to return before the solution of some very serious puzzle regarding the fate of the Galaxy and the safety of their beloved and heroic .... companion-leader...

I'm guessing there are 13'ish galaxy threatening, all life ending super weapons out there.

I still hope for some very special force twist story expansion to reintroduce missing companions. Why? Because every (trained) force sensitive companion is still missing, none returned.

And the lack of informations about the future of the game tells me that they are currently debating about pimping or boxing the game. Invest or scrap. Maybe EA put SWTOR on hold for the moment after the SWBF2 / lootbox debacle.

The dialogue when Ashara returns has been datamined. That'd be a good thing to check out before leaping to conclusions.

• 4 months later...

it would be great to get one of the following races as companions in replacement of characters lost like khem val.

The Incarii

The Barabel

The Noghri

The Nightsisters

The Sorcerers of Rhand

The Sorcerers of the Tund

The Yuuzhan Vong

The NetGhoul

The Esh - Kha

The Rakatan

The Abyssin

The Taltori

Disign you own Follower?companion NPC

Have a Pet that actually attacks like Rancor, Terenta or terentatek, Sith Spawn or something

and as for a good story have the yuuzhan vong or some other extragalactic creatures, droids, androids, or Cyborgs come and attack as the new enemy. Or bring in a new/old entity from the extended universe.

Edited by Lord--Bane

Didn't find anything about it. And i only believe it when i see it. I don't believe in rumors.

i have ashara and Xalek in my alliance roster. ashara is in back in my inqusitor companion slot and xalek is in my alliance companion slot you have to get you level high enough with the alliance group leaders to get the mission

• 3 weeks later...

Jedi Knight: T7-01. And that's it for Jedi Knight.

Jedi Consular: None.

Smuggler: None

Trooper: Aric Jorgan. I don't consider Tanno Vik as a returned companion, since he dosen't join the Alliance. And that's it for Trooper.

Sith Warrior: Vette. And that's it for Sith Warrior.

Sith Inquisitor: None.

Bounty Hunter: Gault Rennow and Torian Cadera. And that's it for Bounty Hunter.

Imperial Agent: Kaliyo D'jannis and SCORPIO.

The chapters are heavily biased towards the Imperial (Red) classes and their companions. Consular got absolutely shafted here (Knight too, but at least T2 got a few beeps...), with Aric Jorgan as the only speaking republic representative. I honestly believe the current developers don't really care much for the Republic storylines; maybe they didn't play them, or spacebarred all the conversations....

• 3 weeks later...
I think a good way to bring them back - at least some of them - would have been to allow Theron and Lana to check the prisoner records in Zakuul. As the leader of the Eternal Alliance, we should have been inquiring about all the frozen people Arcann kept as "trophies". Redeemed Arcann could have helped as well here. This would at least explain why they never found us before. I think that was a real missed opportunity on Bioware's part to bring some of them back by some kind of rescue mission on Zakuul or just freeing the people in carbonite and finding Scourge or Kira for example.

• 1 month later...
So I played both KOTFE and KOTET. I found out that in the storyline, this is the "balance" of returned companions

Jedi Knight: T7-01. And that's it for Jedi Knight.

Jedi Consular: None.

Smuggler: None

Trooper: Aric Jorgan. I don't consider Tanno Vik as a returned companion, since he dosen't join the Alliance. And that's it for Trooper.

Sith Warrior: Vette. And that's it for Sith Warrior.

Sith Inquisitor: None.

Bounty Hunter: Gault Rennow and Torian Cadera. And that's it for Bounty Hunter.

Imperial Agent: Kaliyo D'jannis and SCORPIO.

And that's it for all! Remember, I do not consider returned companions by Alliance Alerts or Yuun, that is returned by the mission "To Find a Findsman".

With that said, there is a HUGE unbalance here!:mad: Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent were the ones that had most companions returned. WHY? They aren't even the Cannon Classes! The Cannon Classes are Jedi Knight (becuase he killed the Sith Emperor) and Sith Warrior (becuase he is the Emperor's Wrath). This NEEDS balancing!

What I suggest is that you make a new expansion (Rakghoul Plague gets worse, expands beyond Taris, Rakghoul transform into Nekghouls and have an immense power, the Ethernal Alliance needs to stop them? And the Rakghoul Leader is Valkorion) where there are at least 9 chapters. The 8 first to recover the old companions (each chapter has all companions of each class, light and dark) and the 9th to FINISH the Rakghoul Plague (not really, you just set them back all the way to Taris and make it almost impossible for the Plague to leave it). And that's it.:o

Im found the zaelek as SI.

If you think of it this way , it is a new story with a new set of companions. You get the same amount as you did in the class story. The only difference between the expansion and the class story is that you don't get the standalone conversations.

They are not going to redo the expansion the best thing for them is just to keep going forward with what they have.

I don't think my counselor/smuggler /knight etc loses anything with not having her companions return to her. Nor does she gain or lose anything from not doing the "alliance alerts" Yes it would be nice if each companion had a spotlight in the story. But really the story isn't about them it is about your character being part of a new story.

Though if you did romance them yes you do lose something but nothing major.

I could be jaded or biased since I also play star trek online

where your officers are not really part of the story past the tutorial. Well unless you do the romulan arc and you have an annoying first officer pestering you during the first few arcs. Even funnier is that his sister is someone you are looking for throughout the arcs YOu find her and she disappears and nothing is said about her after that. And no she doesn't become part of the crew and no you can't get rid of the first officer either. (even though you can get rid of any of your other officers)

Well, seeing as there hasn't been an up to date list in at least 6 months, I figured I'd put an updated list.

Returned in Fallen Empire/Eternal Throne

Returned in Alliance Alert

*Can be killed off/turned away

Warrior

*Quinn

*Vette

Pierce

*Broonmark

Jasea (Dark Side returning soon)

Inquisitor

Andronikos

Ashara

Talos

*Xalek

Khem Val

Killed in Nathema if you chose to keep Zash in the vanilla story, Zash is killed if you chose to keep Khem. The surviving member is still MIA (With Zash in a new body either way)

Agent

*Kaliyo

*SCORPIO (You lose her by the end of Eternal Throne)

Temple

*Lokin

Vector

Bounty Hunter

Gault

*Torian

Mako

Blizz

*Skadge

Knight

T7-01

*Rusk

Kira

Doc

Scourge

Consular

Qyzen

Felix

Tharan

Nadia

Zenith

Trooper

*Jorgan

Elara

Yuun

M4-1X

Tanno Vik (Seen in Fallen Empire, but not recruitable.)

Smuggler

Corso

Risha

Guss

Akaavi

Bowdaar

So far we still don't have

Jasea

Khem/Zash

Scourge

Doc

Kira

Tharan

Zenith (Don't get your hopes up)

Nadia

Tanno

P.S. When will my consular get the love he deserves?

What you don't like your knight :)

Some of those companions (trooper,smuggler, agent, warrior, counselor) are still stuck behind quests unless you have them at level 10. Though I still had to do a few rounds in the ring with bowdaar as my smuggler. The same with Lokin , even at level 10 I still had to do the rakghoul event to bring him back. I still suspect there is stuff I have to do because he is still not 100 percent in the companion legacy thing. That will be the only agent that will do it. He is one of my favorite agent companions but he can stay in that hutt forever.