Old companions not returned and balance of returning companions

Zapminer

Thanks for the info MishaCantu :)

Also relevant, after fans complained enough you can now summon them back to keep doing crafting stuff and follow you around. They just won't 'really' be there in the story (also, your ship will remain sadly empty even as you get new companions or get back the old ones even if you got them in story instead of the summoner version).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in the next season's case, it wouldn't matter either way which side you choose. Unless they're a character's LI. Quinn and Elara are basically fraternal twins on opposing sides if you think about it

But yes. It was confirmed on the livestream in January that if you choose the Pubs you get Elara, while if you choose the Imps you get Quinn.

Quinn is a marvelously Machiavellian character whose only moral code is the most efficient way to achieve a goal. He's not evil but he has no qualms about scruples either if they aren't needed.

Elara is by contrast a woman who cares about doing the right thing more than achieving the objective.

Quinn is a marvelously Machiavellian character whose only moral code is the most efficient way to achieve a goal. He's not evil but he has no qualms about scruples either if they aren't needed.

Elara is by contrast a woman who cares about doing the right thing more than achieving the objective.

Quinn is lawful neutral and Elara is what, neutral good?

• 2 months later...

I just want Vector to come back so I can run my agent through KotFE and KotET. Young widow, ran my Jedi knight through and had to deal with some emotional fallout over losing Doc. I barely play my knight now because it just bothers me, even though I got Doc back through the terminal. I know it's just a band aid, lol.

My agent was my first toon, is my fav toon, and Vector is above and beyond my favorite love interest. There's been no mention of returning comps in 5.3 and absolutely nothing specific said about any future returns. I'm trying to be patient, but companion returns still feels like a topic with limited communication and no specifics.

Sp, if by some chance the dev team sees this it would be nice to get a little more communication on this topic. Maybe some interaction in the game that acknowledges they're still missing and the search continues. If the loss of loved ones is supposed to be part of the drama, give us something to work with. Put an npc on Odessen or the fleet who occasionally gives us an update on the search.

Edited by DuchessKristania

There's been no mention of returning comps in 5.3 and absolutely nothing specific said about any future returns. I'm trying to be patient, but companion returns still feels like a topic with limited communication and no specifics.

Sp, if by some chance the dev team sees this it would be nice to get a little more communication on this topic. Maybe some interaction in the game that acknowledges they're still missing and the search continues. If the loss of loved ones is supposed to be part of the drama, give us something to work with. Put an npc on Odessen or the fleet who occasionally gives us an update on the search.

Master Ranos gives updates on the companions. She's a companion you could only get during the dark light side event that ended some months ago. But you can find video clips of her companion updates on youtube.

From what I remember:

Nadia Grell went crazy looking for you. She never gave up. She was last seen going to Wild Space and never returned.

Kira Carson united the Voss, Eshka and the Balmoran Revolutionary Army to fight the Eternal Empire. Her forces were decimated by Arcan's forces. It's not sure if she survived or not. I have a feeling she is in frozen carbonite like Malgus.

Ashara, left to wild space abandoning the Jedi and Sith orders to find her own path. No one knows what happened to her in "wild space".

Rumors of Light side Jaesa was heard "fighting the good fight", standing up for the people in Wild Space.

Dark side Jaesa is concerned with only one thing, Power. Nothing but bodies and broken people are left wherever she goes as she pursues ancient Sith artifacts for her quest for power. She is more powerful than ever before. She was last seen in Wild Space.

Lord Scourge miserable of his immortality given to him long ago by the Emperor (Valkorion) is in Wild Space seeking ancient artifacts that can end his immortality.

There is another companion that you were able to get from the light darkside event called Darth Hexid. I couldn't find him on youtube. I'm not sure if he gives updates on lost companions like Master Ranos. In my opinion it was mean of Bioware to make the event geared for new players and not veteran players who were not interested in grinding stuff they have already done numerous times. I would of loved to have these two companions, but being subbed straight since 2011, I simply did not want to grind for that event. It would have made me leave the game. I saw many players leave the game because of that grind.

Anyways, those are the updates I was able to find on youtube.

There is another companion that you were able to get from the light darkside event called Darth Hexid. I couldn't find him on youtube. I'm not sure if he gives updates on lost companions like Master Ranos. In my opinion it was mean of Bioware to make the event geared for new players and not veteran players who were not interested in grinding stuff they have already done numerous times. I would of loved to have these two companions, but being subbed straight since 2011, I simply did not want to grind for that event. It would have made me leave the game. I saw many players leave the game because of that grind.

You can't find Darth Hexid on YouTube because she(1) isn't available. The DvL event included an element that, based on the light/dark conversation choices people made, accumulated across all characters on all accounts on all servers, during the event, they would award either Master Ranos (more light than dark) or Darth Hexid (more dark than light) to all players who reached a particular level of achievement in the event. The light side won, so we got Master Ranos.

(1) A Google Image search for "Darth Hexid" shows loads of promotional images. There's NO doubt that "she" is the right word.

It's wrong to have a companion like that, who gives those important updates, be something that was limited to a specific group for a small amount of time. The desire to know about companions is pretty widespread. There needs to be a character that everyone can access. Orrrr, they could have an update option on the terminal. That wouldn't be that hard to do, and they wouldn't need to hire a VA.

OR and this is my personal preference, they could just bring the companions back, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Players said they want new ops, the developers focused on that. The companion problem is a bit more complicated because of the vocal majority wanting back only certain companions and trashing the others. I know, there's no way to please everyone, but at the same time there's no way to avoid conflicts like : " i wanted back my class companions, not X from trooper, Z from inquisitor and Y from smuggler" . Maybe there should be a sort of schedule? Not necessarily new chapters but recruitment quests?

• 1 month later...
No, no, a million times no!

This is meant to be Star Wars! If I wanted to be thrown into a zombie apocalypse, I'd play Resident Evil.

No Rakghoul BS ever again. Taris was bad enough, but the Rakghoul Events are disgusting evil yuck, and Kaon & Lost Island are just torture.

No. Rakghouls. Ever.

I am soooo sick of zombies. Sick sick sick. A decade of zombies in movies and TV, and in Star Wars we have the Rakghoul. Even last Sunday Game of Thrones had to ruin their show for me with...

Zombie Dragon, ****. seriously? They went there with zombie dragon?

Zombies in any form are lazy writing imho so they don't have to be creative enough to write decent characterization for the bad guys.

/rant off

I agree about Scourge (and, to a lesser extent, Kira). They are so closely linked to the story of the Emperor that there'll need to be some spectacularly written justification for their absence.

They had opportunity even back in Shadow of Revan. Instead of having Scourge silently following you around, he could have given insight about Revan. That would have been interesting.

Well, there is a thread on the SWTOR subreddit that lists every class, the number of returned companions, and how shafted or not each class is based on the number of returned companions and/or how important those companions are to the story. I won't link it here but a google search of "Class Companion Returns Visual Side-by-Side Comparison" gives it at the first link.

I am soooo sick of zombies. Sick sick sick. A decade of zombies in movies and TV, and in Star Wars we have the Rakghoul. Even last Sunday Game of Thrones had to ruin their show for me with...

Zombies in any form are lazy writing imho so they don't have to be creative enough to write decent characterization for the bad guys.

/rant off

Zombies, at least in Romero's old films, served as very specific and expertly crafted metaphors for certain things in society. They also make great "gigantic hordes of enemies" in video games - the Left 4 Dead series certainly leaves me with some fond memories.

But their ubiquity elsewhere has become somewhat contrived.

Edited by Diviciacus

Now see, I made the mistake of not playing through all the class stories before I began SotFE (deliberate error, guess what the "s" stands for).

I killed Tanno Vik without knowing who he was for example. I've caught up a little now but are still clueless as to who Kaliyo and Scorpio were prior to SotFE (I know they're IA companions but that's it).

I do know Broonmark can stay in whatever ditch he found himself in though.

I do know Broonmark can stay in whatever ditch he found himself in though.

Killing Broonmark is... well, to be honest, I don't see how one could justify not killing him. Getting the Wookiee Senator on our side makes perfect sense. Hiring the MurderBeast9000 does not.

Killing Broonmark is... well, to be honest, I don't see how one could justify not killing him. Getting the Wookiee Senator on our side makes perfect sense. Hiring the MurderBeast9000 does not.

Precisely. I already have MurderBot HK-51 for murdering anyway. Liquidating undesirables is his job.

Well, there is a thread on the SWTOR subreddit that lists every class, the number of returned companions, and how shafted or not each class is based on the number of returned companions and/or how important those companions are to the story. I won't link it here but a google search of "Class Companion Returns Visual Side-by-Side Comparison" gives it at the first link.

Well I will link it, 'cos it's a good topic and easy to link:

Pretty glaring disparity between force/non-force and Republic/Empire. Consular is worst off.

If you're a SW you can save the Wookiee and Broonmark by talking him down off the ceiling - which is what my characters always do.

Broonmark can be pretty psychotic, but in the SW class story, he also is completely and totally dedicated to the Sith Warrior and their associates. Basically if you tell him they're "Sith Clan" he won't touch them and will defend them at all costs, and he's pretty clear about his ethics there. So from my characters' point of view, it's bringing in another extremely loyal ally that will be a ferocious fighter whenever you ask him to step up for you.

If you're *not* a Sith Warrior and you don't have that relationship with him...yeah. MurderBeast. And since you have no idea how and if he can be reasoned with or controlled, taking him down seems to be the most reasonable response, particularly if you have to choose between him or the Wookiee.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

And for the rest of the companions...what I don't understand (and yes, I know, writing) is that when the Alliance commander becomes known to the rest of the galaxy, as KOTFE and KOTET go on, you would think they'd see you and try to find you. There are HoloNet broadcasts with your face, for Heaven's sake.

I can understand a character like Jaesa going off the rails and out of communication, but the others? Does not compute, if it's a love interest.

And for the rest of the companions...what I don't understand (and yes, I know, writing) is that when the Alliance commander becomes known to the rest of the galaxy, as KOTFE and KOTET go on, you would think they'd see you and try to find you. There are HoloNet broadcasts with your face, for Heaven's sake.

I can understand a character like Jaesa going off the rails and out of communication, but the others? Does not compute, if it's a love interest.

I have many months after everybody else recently become Eternal (?) Emperor, so you would think all these alliance alerts would be unnecessary. Then gain nobody would ever bother grinding 10 influence out of certain companions then, and Bioware likes people grinding. Means less worthwhile gameplay needs to be added...... that applies to every MMO (and JRPG for that matter) ever created though.

Seeing as I got spoiled as to who the traitor is I'd best go see all the context behind it is in Iokath/Umbara.

I have many months after everybody else recently become Eternal (?) Emperor, so you would think all these alliance alerts would be unnecessary. Then gain nobody would ever bother grinding 10 influence out of certain companions then, and Bioware likes people grinding. Means less worthwhile gameplay needs to be added...... that applies to every MMO (and JRPG for that matter) ever created though.

Seeing as I got spoiled as to who the traitor is I'd best go see all the context behind it is in Iokath/Umbara.

Well the silver lining to knowing who the betrayer is may prevent you from wasting thousands in gifts, or grinding for gifts on a companion that leaves you.

I just wonder how they are going to do this if our characters chose the galaxy wide message of telling Theron we love him and to come back. Our missing LI's may not want to even bother now.

I just wonder how they are going to do this if our characters chose the galaxy wide message of telling Theron we love him and to come back. Our missing LI's may not want to even bother now.

What I wonder is why couldn't our characters couldn't have done exactly the same message but for their own LI's who are still missing like Vector, Kira, Doc etc:. My IA would stop at nothing to find her husband but story wise she seems to have forgotten his existence. :p

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

I'm guess here but the reason our Character never made any *Real attempt to find and bring back our Original Companions is because then they would return. BW and/or EA really don't seem to want that and have been very enigmatic about it. The Companions now being in their Undies (Holostatues) seems to me either 1 the Dev's are setting them up for a reunion or 2 they've lost the saved information due to Unnecessary data (Nolonger Important). What few times they've discussed them have been very ambiguous, Missed plans, didn't reply/elaborate and very Anti Climatic. Just not Important to them overall.

• 4 months later...

Old, news this thread, but I am still curious as I did all today. My curiousity goes to Jedi Knight. So Knight has Lord Scrouge, and Kira.

Kira is child of emperor, making her really big deal. Lord Scrouge is Immortal Sith and former Wrath. After chapter 3, Scrouge say that: "I will stay and make sure, that the Emperor has not left any suprises."

Him staying away from the KotFE and Eternal Throne is suprising, since he has plotting against the Emperor 300 years and when the time comes he is not there. (Wrath serve Vitiate, a second voice of the Valkorian.)

It actually seems like that there was two empire and two emperor Vitiate and Valkorian! World Eater and Emperor of Zakuul. But somewhere they were united. And Scrouge and Kira was forgotten.