A dream of master mode ops...

Hello everyone!

I've been playing swtor for at least two years now and ive pretty much worked my way through all the content with my characters (all planetary story lines,alliance is at level 20,all level 75 with 306 gear), now all i have left to do is to perfect my characters for uncapped level 75 pve content and master mode operations. , all of my characters are dps, Heres what i know so far:

.I must have above 1213 alacrity and 1590 accuracy and put the rest into critical.

.Use a set AND a tactical

.Use a certain amplifier

.only use a rotation of your best moves and the rest only sparingly.

Any advice would be welcomed :tran_angel::sul_angel::jawa_wink:

Edited by qxkloruty
Misspelled word

.I must have above 1213 alacrity and 1590 accuracy and put the rest into critical.

.Use a set AND a tactical

.Use a certain amplifier

.only use a rotation of your best moves and the rest only sparingly.

If you've done any Veteran mode flashpoints, you'll find that Master Mode is not that much different. There are a few extra fight mechanics and no koltos, but your overall equipment and skill level is about the same.

Amplifiers are not that significant and there's no need to worry about them. But you didn't mention "augments" which are much more valuable and worth having. You can save some credits by initially using Mk-10 augment slots with lower tier Mk-10 compatible augments.

Hi, did you actually mean master mode operations ?

generally you don't jump from solo PvE to master mode operations. unless the poster above interpreted correctly and you meant flashpoints, to break into NiM raiding you want to start with:

• a guild that teaches new players.
  • become familiar with the hm versions (veteran).
  • know your main class inside and out: rotation, defenses (what type of damage they mitigate and when it's best to use them), which utilities to eventually swap to according to the fight.
  • if you're a dps, being equally comfortable with a burst and a sustained discipline will also come in handy (or alternatevely swap to a different class for either).
  • keybinding: some players are capable to dps at NiM level clicking but in my experience they are the exception.

also keep in mind that with the exception of Dxun, all the operations, regardless of difficulty mode, are scaled level 70, which means your endurance, mastery and power are capped. therefore, for those, ideally you'll want to gear a little differently, prioritirizing tertiary stats (crit especially) over power when choosing your enhancements (those +451 ones). with power capped, you can also swap all your mods for defense ones if you're so inclined. and the relics of choice are devastating vengeance and primeveal fatesealer (because they boost crit and alacrity, which are uncapped). I would only bother with this for the harder capped master mode ops though (Gods especially) which, tbh, you are unlikely to tackle anytime soon if you've never raided before.

For Dxun, all power mods (lethal R2s are the best), high power enhancements (adept, nimble and initiative r19s, r18s, r20s), and serendipitous assault and focused retribution as your relics.

You'll need to get starparse, if you haven't already, and parse to get an idea of what your dps are capable of.

Rotations are a bit more complicated then just 'use your best abilities'. Try looking up 6.0 guides for your classes and specs, they'll all have a suggested rotation which you can use as a starting point.

• 2 weeks later...