Why is thier no resolve bonus to stuns on gear?

publicenemies

Why is thier no resolve bonus to stuns/cc on gear? even if it was %1 it would be better then none lol come on devs seriously? How about anti stun stims even hell id buy those in the store 1000 times over lol hell i bet we all would. Edited by publicenemies

Reducing stun times breaks balance. It could be put in, but you'd have to look into balancing a LOT of other factors in the game including class mechanics, healer output, guard, etc. I mean, stuns are the only way to break through a healer/tank combo in the few games it isn't 2 ******* tier teams against each other.

resolve is a myth lol. All i see is tons of cons/inq's chainstunning i spend most of the fight stunned lol how is that balanced? they need to make it like lotro where if your stunned and get stunned again it breaks both stuns this is just he who stuns the most wins its 95% of the players i see are sorcs/inq's lol Edited by publicenemies

Reducing stun times breaks balance. It could be put in, but you'd have to look into balancing a LOT of other factors in the game including class mechanics, healer output, guard, etc. I mean, stuns are the only way to break through a healer/tank combo in the few games it isn't 2 ******* tier teams against each other.

Not really. Class balance isn't dependent on CC and if it is it's a terrible design.

TTK is low, HP is low, and CC is high.

One needs to change. Currently they are out of balance.

Not really. Class balance isn't dependent on CC and if it is it's a terrible design.

TTK is low, HP is low, and CC is high.

One needs to change. Currently they are out of balance.

you must realize that class balance is absolutely dependent on CC. it's largely why concealment's kd nerf was so lamented. as a VG, I have access to stuns that interrupt and are, often, my best defense...on an otherwise poor survivability AC (neural surge/cryo is my ONLY absolute check against dmg; everything else is DR or complete RNG). I'm not crying for a VG buff, just saying that the stuns are essential tools in the box of some classes. juggs, for instance, don't much need that choke. at least my smasher doesn't now that it doesn't build stacks. they do, however, depend on push to reset leap. so yeah, definitely would require some rebalancing. on the other hand, I already think resolve is mostly broken/useless, especially in WZs. it trickles away while you're not even fighting. in arenas, you only get one life, so it's not a big deal.

chainstunning is the real issue and this resolve is absolutely useless. Why doesnt cc break when your chainstunned? seriously how badly developed and stupid is that? its like they want cons/inq's to chainstun endlessly its prob why so many people play them lol. Edited by publicenemies

chainstunning is the real issue and this resolve is absolutely useless. Why doesnt cc break when your chainstunned? seriously how badly developed and stupid is that? its like they want cons/inq's to chainstun endlessly its prob why so many people play them lol.

i totally decided to play a sin because i could chain stun them and not because it was a stealth class with a sick double bladed saber. you got me, guilty as charged

Well least your honest about it. LOL yeah lets make a class based off the emperor thats insanely op and give it a defense buff and shoot lighting on the run LOL. You wonder why so many play that class haha

i totally decided to play a sin because i could chain stun them and not because it was a stealth class with a sick double bladed saber. you got me, guilty as charged

chainstunning is the real issue and this resolve is absolutely useless. Why doesnt cc break when your chainstunned? seriously how badly developed and stupid is that? its like they want cons/inq's to chainstun endlessly its prob why so many people play them lol.

It should and if it doesn't it's your own fault. Stop using your CC break before your resolve is filled. Stop using your CC break when you were going to die anyway or where staying alive isn't meaningful. There isn't anything wrong with dying sometimes and if your opponents are blowing a bunch of CC to kill you, it just means the rest of your team is safe.

FYI, pretty much every class has multiple CCs so I have no idea why you call out cons/inq, although I would argue Warriors/Knights have the least since they have a channeled stun and then a mezz/knockdown depending on your AC.

I used to think stuns were bad back in like January of 2012... But then I realized it was just me. (some even been nerfed since then)

Now with 2 toons at 100 valor and a few more at 70+ It's not so bad...unfortunately I still am. :p

Just sayin.

Edited by masih_ad_dajjal

its not my fault when its programed poorly when your chainstunned resolve is worthless its not just cons/inq's eithers its to much cc for lack of dps and skills. For instance most cons/inq's operatives/troopers rotation is stun run lighting/shooting 2 skills lol. I play marauder so i have yet to live lol. I would like to be able to move and fight ffs lol geesh. Force charge ftw if i can get it off hehe

It should and if it doesn't it's your own fault. Stop using your CC break before your resolve is filled. Stop using your CC break when you were going to die anyway or where staying alive isn't meaningful. There isn't anything wrong with dying sometimes and if your opponents are blowing a bunch of CC to kill you, it just means the rest of your team is safe.

FYI, pretty much every class has multiple CCs so I have no idea why you call out cons/inq, although I would argue Warriors/Knights have the least since they have a channeled stun and then a mezz/knockdown depending on your AC.

its not my fault when its programed poorly when your chainstunned resolve is worthless its not just cons/inq's eithers its to much cc for lack of dps and skills. For instance most cons/inq's operatives/troopers rotation is stun run lighting/shooting 2 skills lol. I play marauder so i have yet to live lol. I would like to be able to move and fight ffs lol geesh. Force charge ftw if i can get it off hehe

I bet you're the type of player to open with your gap closer off the bat, right?

before im in stasis maybe LOL

Perhaps you should re-evaluate the way you are playing and why you are the one getting CC'd with 3 or 7 other players on your team. Stop over extending into their backline, roaming off on your own, and using abilities that could aid you at incorrect times. Then you'll have far less complaints about CC.

it doesnt matter what toon im on and i refuse to play inquistor. I see people get stunned worse then me hell when im able to move i get 6-8 medals its just they need a better anti cc in the game. My healer gets it 100 fold what my maruader does. Its not how you play the game its how the game is developed its 95% stun based with a anti stun system that simply doesnt work.

Perhaps you should re-evaluate the way you are playing and why you are the one getting CC'd with 3 or 7 other players on your team. Stop over extending into their backline, roaming off on your own, and using abilities that could aid you at incorrect times. Then you'll have far less complaints about CC.

it doesnt matter what toon im on and i refuse to play inquistor. I see people get stunned worse then me hell when im able to move i get 6-8 medals its just they need a better anti cc in the game. My healer gets it 100 fold what my maruader does. Its not how you play the game its how the game is developed its 95% stun based with a anti stun system that simply doesnt work.

I can't remember the last time I didn't get 8 medals. If you get anything less than that you are doing it wrong. The only issue with resolve is overlapping stuns reducing resolve built and it's not a big deal.

overlapping stuns you mean chainstunning lol hmm now how do we fix that?

I can't remember the last time I didn't get 8 medals. If you get anything less than that you are doing it wrong. The only issue with resolve is overlapping stuns reducing resolve built and it's not a big deal.

overlapping stuns you mean chainstunning lol hmm now how do we fix that?

No, I mean that resolve builds based on the time the stun lasts. So if I use a 4 second stun on you and someone else stuns you 3 seconds in, the second stun doesn't fill your resolve bar since it is technically only stunning you for 3 seconds as you would already have been stunned for the first second anyway. This only applies to cooradinated groups and they would have killed you regardless. So no, not a big deal.