Something way better then cross-server

NotAnyOldName

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ways to reduce que time in warzones...not that I reccomend any of these just listing ways i have thought you could do it.

Increase number of players in que by either

Allow F2P to play as many as they want, and have the gear necessary to succeed. thereby creating an influx of new players to pick from.

or

Make regs/ranked que the same pool...either all regs, or all ranked, no more split ques.

Decrease numbers of players needed in each warzone. Maybe enact a smaller version of a map if only a few people are queing.

Institute changes that would speed up warzones. Less healing, more damage, etc.

Legitately I dont see many of these changes happening, except maybe a mega server, or F2P changes in the pipe.

Ways to reduce que time in warzones...not that I reccomend any of these just listing ways i have thought you could do it.

Increase number of players in que by either

Allow F2P to play as many as they want, and have the gear necessary to succeed. thereby creating an influx of new players to pick from.

or

Make regs/ranked que the same pool...either all regs, or all ranked, no more split ques.

Decrease numbers of players needed in each warzone. Maybe enact a smaller version of a map if only a few people are queing.

Institute changes that would speed up warzones. Less healing, more damage, etc.

Legitately I dont see many of these changes happening, except maybe a mega server, or F2P changes in the pipe.

LOL

Make ranked and regs same pool.

All regs = Ranked players complain about not having a way to display epeen .

All Ranked = Time to que 4mans in every warzone and spew insults to undergeared people.

Edited by Kenjigreat

when i read that the first thing thing that popped into my head was BW adding NPCs into warzones, and at first I was like nah they'd never do that. But the more I think about it the less positive I am about that.

And what rational would that be ?

I don't get this, where do people come up with stuff like this ?

when i read that the first thing thing that popped into my head was BW adding NPCs into warzones, and at first I was like nah they'd never do that. But the more I think about it the less positive I am about that.

Naw... there's just no way lol. PvEvP anyone?

Edited by JackNader

engineers are working on improving queue-times for PVP, not cross-servers but something "way better"

new WZ maps and game-mode next year, they haven't decided what the game-mode will be yet though

It's very intriguing. To say that it's "way better" than Xservers must mean that it's something that might blow our mind?

I wonder what it is, I can't think of anything else but mega servers.

Also nice to hear that we get new WZ maps, more than one apparently or they wouldn't use plural.

It's very intriguing. To say that it's "way better" than Xservers must mean that it's something that might blow our mind?

I wonder what it is, I can't think of anything else but mega servers.

Also nice to hear that we get new WZ maps, more than one apparently or they wouldn't use plural.

Not sure what Better than Cross Server is . But I am sure we are getting Quesh Huttball 2.0 , Now with 4 Levels.

That's what I thought but in the podcast it said they don't want to merge servers yet so maybe not.

They say they don't want to but its either that or cross server. I imagine what they have planned to be "better" than cross server is probably something stupid, kinda like their "plan" for ranked was to kill 8v8.....

Maybe rather than Q across servers, they set up an easy transfer to a central server dedicated to PVP then go back to your home server when done. Or yo7r character is just cloned on the PVP server.

This is an interesting theory and a clever way of creating the effect of cross-server without the true thing. The only thing I would wonderl with this is how long the loading times would be- surely moving players from one server to another would take some time? Unfortunately I don't even know if this is a technical possibility, but as I said, interesting theory nonetheless.

This is an interesting theory and a clever way of creating the effect of cross-server without the true thing. The only thing I would wonderl with this is how long the loading times would be- surely moving players from one server to another would take some time? Unfortunately I don't even know if this is a technical possibility, but as I said, interesting theory nonetheless.

It is possible, but its pretty difficult to do without causing data loss issues when copying the character back to its host server. Even on the test server when you copy a toon it doesn't overwrite the old toon, it just creates a new one.

Some sort of separate server for PvP is the only thing that makes sense to me if it truly is better than cross server. And that's only because they could remove so much from the overall game to increase performance specifically for PvP. You might even be able to add in specific settings to allow for practice, tournaments, etc.

But most likely it's unlimited warzones for F2P or some other crap no one cares about.

Removing the restrictions on F2P players would be like using a band-aid to solve the problem of a severed limb. F2P players who want to PVP just buy passes on the GTN with credits that are easy to acquire once you get access to 50+ dailies, or they're exploiting the bug that lets them get into warzones by being in a group with a subscriber.

Removing the restrictions on F2P players would be like using a band-aid to solve the problem of a severed limb. F2P players who want to PVP just buy passes on the GTN with credits that are easy to acquire once you get access to 50+ dailies, or they're exploiting the bug that lets them get into warzones by being in a group with a subscriber.

Or you just group with subscribers. When they queue it queues you with them even though it says you're not queued due to restrictions it still works lol. It wouldn't fix the real issue either which is ranked. Reg queues still pop fast even on dead servers.

Edited by Raansu