So, no more queuing for PvP along with PvE...

That was how I leveled to escape the same ol story lines over and over on planets. Now, if I want to queue for Foundry, I have to sit and wait and waste more of my valuable time.

Exactly why was this needed? Perhaps I was not here for all the whine posts about it...assuming a whine post got this changed?

I don't know...it's really hurting my leveling progression now, since I have been in queue for over an hour with nothing to do.

Edited by Wraiven

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It surprised me that they would even allow someone to be in two different queues. I imagine they think this probably attributed to people leaving in the middle of a warzone(im just assuming this)

Ran some Warzones today, trust me, it did nothing to stop people from leaving WZ's, heh.

Wait, I'm a bit confused. You could queue for both before, but wasn't it that when one popped you would automatically drop out of the queue for the other?

No. You could run WZs all day long, until your Queue for Flash Points would finally popped. It did bite for PvP, because people would drop during this time, but what hurts, is the fact that the Flash Point queues (Pre 50) can take several hours some times. Longest I have waited was for 4 and a half hours. I had literally forgotten I was even in a Flash Point Queue.

So now, I have to make a choice, either sit in an unknown lengthy queue, never knowing how long it will take, whilst doing absolutely nothing...or run WZ all day and all night to level...until I am high enough level to run another Class Story mission.

What irritates me a bit more about this, is the fact I have wasted 200K plus Credits on the extra XP Legacy buffs for Flash Points. I would have never done that if I had known this was coming.

Trying not to sound like a whiner here, just trying to be informative to my point of view.

WZ's are terrible after the patch.

So are queues for Story Mode Flashpoints. I waited for two and a half hours and finally gave it up. I have now been forced to spam General to preform a team before joining the queue.

This change created more problems than it fixed. Already evident not even 5 hours in to the patch.

Edited by Wraiven

I had to log out. Not wasting any more of my day sitting in a queue that won't pop. I pretty much have no way to level now without being bored out of my mind running the same ol planet missions all day. Not going to play a game that bores me to tears.

This patch really screwed up my leveling progression...not even sure if I can stand to play it now. Sorry, not a quit post, but that's how I feel.

As someone who does not PVP at all, and runs HM FPs from Group Finder daily, I think this is a great idea. I've seen many players instantly decline the FP group finder, and have come to realize that most of this is due to them being in a WZ. And if you are having to wait a long time for a PVE group finder, you may want to look at the reason why (ignore list?). On my dps I usually only have to wait between 5 and 15 minutes. Edited by DeevBach

As someone who does not PVP at all, and runs HM FPs from Group Finder daily, I think this is a great idea. I've seen many players instantly decline the FP group finder, and have come to realize that most of this is due to them being in a WZ.

But you're going to loose out on all the people that are in-between/in Warzones that leave and join the FP. Besides if someone drops from the FP queue your still kept at the top. I can't see how this will do anything but increase the FP queue time.

As someone who does not PVP at all, and runs HM FPs from Group Finder daily, I think this is a great idea. I've seen many players instantly decline the FP group finder, and have come to realize that most of this is due to them being in a WZ. And if you are having to wait a long time for a PVE group finder, you may want to look at the reason why (ignore list?). On my dps I usually only have to wait between 5 and 15 minutes.

The difference is you are running HM FPs with other level 50s. There are lots of those popping all the time. Wraiven is complaining about 10-49 leveling content...normal FPs, planet heroics, etc.

As someone who does not PVP at all, and runs HM FPs from Group Finder daily, I think this is a great idea. I've seen many players instantly decline the FP group finder, and have come to realize that most of this is due to them being in a WZ. And if you are having to wait a long time for a PVE group finder, you may want to look at the reason why (ignore list?). On my dps I usually only have to wait between 5 and 15 minutes.

What you are most likely experiencing is the Group Finder queuing people up as a class they are not. For an example, I can not tell you how many times my DPS Merc (Even though I carefully selected him as DPS *I have video to prove this...had to make a video because people kept acting like I had no idea how to use the Group Finder Properly when I reported it as a bug) and instead of it queuing you as DPS, it would queue you as a Healer.

Those people queuing up and then dropping are most likely being queued as something they are not. I wonder how many of those people you placed on your ignore list? I know for me, I quit a WS when a queue pops if it looks like I can not complete the WZ within the time frame given.

Thing is, I can not do the planet missions...at all. Been there and done that on 6 level 50's. Now the only four ways I level is Space, PvP, Story Mode FP's and when available, Class Quests.

So now, with people learning that they can no longer queue for both, PvPers are no longer queuing for Flash Points. At least this is what it appears to be. So if I want to queue for a Flash Point as a lowbie, I have to sit and wait...and do pretty much nothing while I wait. Today I waited for 2 and a half hours. That frustrated me to a point that I just said to hell with it and logged off completely.

My time is very valuable to me, wasting it for 2 and a half hours waiting on a queue was a complete waste of a few hours in a short life.

Exactly, Que times at Lvl 50 aren't to bad even for dps. But unless you are a tank queuing for Lvl 10-49 flash points are gonna take hours and for people like me who can only play a few hours each day that just isn't an option. And even with the legacy co buffs levelling only on WZ's just takes to long.

Exactly, Que times at Lvl 50 aren't to bad even for dps. But unless you are a tank queuing for Lvl 10-49 flash points are gonna take hours and for people like me who can only play a few hours each day that just isn't an option. And even with the legacy co buffs levelling only on WZ's just takes to long.
Trust me. It takes hours as a tank as well. And after a couple hours go by (during primetime), its not worth even trying anymore.

You know, I seem to recall devs saying they thought cross server LFG was a "last resort". I say its high past time it was in there.

Could always do planetary content.

When I play through the storylines, I don't want to be interrupted. At all.

So when I know a flashpoint could pop at any moment, I like to do something that isn't story-heavy. The only real options, then, are Space Combat and PvP. I'm bored of Space Combat, so the choice is PvP.

Why would they prevent people from queuing for both? This is going to make the people who prefer Flashpoints ONLY do flashpoints and no pvp, and vice versa - which means people will get bored sooner from doing the same thing over and over (or in the case of flashpoints, waiting around doing nothing for ridiculous lengths of time).

For level 50 content, I somewhat understand it. For level 10-49? It just doesn't make any sense. Flashpoint queues take forever for lowbies, even on populated servers. Who cares of people leave a warzone from time to time in lowbie PvP, anyway? Someone else will join to fill the slot.

Edited by SanguineSphinx

Yes i used to do this, and yes i would decline fp while i was in a wz----- this probably happens vice versa----

Can you people not see the detrimental effects this has on the ques; not enough players in the wz OP and ongoing searches for a replacement spec in a fp. As for under 50's fp i'v always found them to be slow; maybe go back to LFG, heaven forbid we extrenuate yourselves.

oh and i shoulda guessed . New patch, good or bad >>>> qq and tantrums

Considering how often people decline queues when they pop, I'm pretty sure this is a good move by Bioware.

Now those people who would decline, PLUS all of the people who do accept when they're in a warzone, simply won't join the group finder at all. Because somehow that's helpful? Having someone decline a match has 0 negative effect. Preventing people from passing the time while waiting in a 3 hour queue has a VERY negative effect.

Considering how often people decline queues when they pop, I'm pretty sure this is a good move by Bioware.

Yup, good move by Bioware. Now I don't queue....at all. I am guessing I am not the only person who just stopped queuing now that it's a waste of time. Got to think outside the box, man. This not only hurt me, but it hurt you too.