Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Please reduce win requirements in Solo Ranked to 100 wins (next season)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please reduce win requirements in Solo Ranked to 100 wins (next season)

septru's Avatar


septru
05.23.2020 , 10:22 AM | #1
Dear MikeB,

I'm not asking for anything this season. But when you re-evaluate the win requirement thresholds for next season, can you please reduce the win requirement to 100 wins?

200 wins is high, even by solo ranked standards. Top 3s this season are going to be more about simply reaching 200 wins than reaching 200 wins with high rating.

For example, if the season where to end today Top 3 powertech would be given to a 900 rated powertech because he has 200 wins. Only 3 powertechs have 200 wins at the moment.

In fact, some class Top 3s are obtainable regardless of rating because no one has over 200 wins.
-Prum, Satele Shan
"The real endgame is general chat."
The only real top 3 operative btw

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
05.23.2020 , 10:46 AM | #2
I think its fine. The leaderboards are really out of date.

At least.. my characters don't appear on it at all
Evolixe | Exilove
Darth Malgus
Watch me live on Twitch

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
05.23.2020 , 11:46 AM | #3
We still don't even know when the season will end. If people want top 3s on underplayed classes, they still have time to do so. And if no one cares enough about getting top 3 to get the wins...I don't really see a problem. And maybe there should be a certain cutoff of 1200 or 1300 or something to even get top 3, because it is a bit laughable that someone could get it with 900 elo.

Meanwhile some classes, like sorc/sage, have a lot of people over 200 wins. In fact, the top 9 highest rated sorcs/sages all have over 200 wins.

And we don't know how long next season will be. What if it lasts a year? Bioware hasn't been at all consistent with their season lengths. Lowering the win requirement would just re-incentivize wintrading. What really needs to happen is Bioware has to figure out a way to make changes to increase the population of people queueing ranked so that there are more pops, and more opportunities for people to get wins.

Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
I think its fine. The leaderboards are really out of date.

At least.. my characters don't appear on it at all
That's kind of strange. The leaderboards are updated every 2 hours. You might want to put in a ticket on that.

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
05.23.2020 , 12:11 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
That's kind of strange. The leaderboards are updated every 2 hours. You might want to put in a ticket on that.
I honestly don't care enough to do that right now, if it ends up I don't get anything from the end of season rewards I will reconsider.
Evolixe | Exilove
Darth Malgus
Watch me live on Twitch

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
05.23.2020 , 01:23 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
I honestly don't care enough to do that right now, if it ends up I don't get anything from the end of season rewards I will reconsider.
I suppose it doesn't really matter unless you're in top 3 position on a character (with the wins required). People should know who holds them so they know what rating they need to go for, etc.

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
05.23.2020 , 01:34 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
I suppose it doesn't really matter unless you're in top 3 position on a character (with the wins required). People should know who holds them so they know what rating they need to go for, etc.
Maybe I am

Either way it would be quite silly to think my issue is isolated to me alone.
I suspect those leaderboards are in reality quite different to what the website here suggests they are.
Evolixe | Exilove
Darth Malgus
Watch me live on Twitch

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
05.23.2020 , 01:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Maybe I am

Either way it would be quite silly to think my issue is isolated to me alone.
I suspect those leaderboards are in reality quite different to what the website here suggests they are.
I think your issue is rare, or at least I hope it is. I've only ever heard of it happening a handful of times before. I don't know of anyone on SF that isn't showing on the leaderboards. But it's Bioware, so who knows. Tickets aren't hard to submit by the way

Beyrahl's Avatar


Beyrahl
05.23.2020 , 05:07 PM | #8
My op has updated since last night when I played for solos and so has my PT for GR. The leaderboards work if you've not finished your placements you likely won't be recorded on the boards yet. Maybe play some more games?

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
05.23.2020 , 08:50 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Beyrahl View Post
My op has updated since last night when I played for solos and so has my PT for GR. The leaderboards work if you've not finished your placements you likely won't be recorded on the boards yet. Maybe play some more games?
I have 180 games on record mate. It's not like im new to this game and don't know how the systems work
Either way its not really a big concern of mine to be on the leaderboards, as long as I don't have to miss out on anything later down the line.
Evolixe | Exilove
Darth Malgus
Watch me live on Twitch