What's the fastest way to level up now?

enthrop

Hi all. I took a ~2-3 month break from SWTOR and am looking to get back now.

With any game changes or patches or legacy changes that has happened, I'm wondering if there's a "fastest way" to level up. Traditionally I just focused on questing, throwing in a FP or WZ now and then as a change of pace.

I already have 5 toons at max level, on both republic and imperial side, between two servers. With the recent server merges though, I've decided on a new "main server," but have no imperial toon on that server. So at this point, I'm less interested in "experiencing the content" and more in just getting another toon to max level on my new server.

I do have republic toons on the server though, so depending on the answer, that's the legacy xp perk I plan on buying.

All ways are easy, just mostly wondering if changes in the past 2-3 months might have made one way faster than another.

For example, you could argue changes to legacy allowing you to use a speeder at lower levels now means you can quest faster, so in a way they made questing xp faster.

All ways are easy, just mostly wondering if changes in the past 2-3 months might have made one way faster than another.

For example, you could argue changes to legacy allowing you to use a speeder at lower levels now means you can quest faster, so in a way they made questing xp faster.

Buy all the legacy XP perks, and the speeder at 10. Other than that leveling is the same.

That also reminds me. If you have a legacy, you can buy character perks to make them level faster from doing a certain task such as space combat.

If you buy the perks, you can usually get a full level out of your daily space missions. You can also buy the PVP perks and have your self in WZ's for PVP while doing so but PVP isnt always the fastest way.

If you buy the perks, you can usually get a full level out of your daily space missions. You can also buy the PVP perks and have your self in WZ's for PVP while doing so but PVP isnt always the fastest way.

"but PVP isnt always the fastest way" - that's sort of what I'm looking for. Which way is faster than others? eg if I was to buy only 1 or 2 of the leveling perks for now (because I need to do more dailies to buy more perks), which one would benefit the most?

Well, I haven't done the math, but for me using the Class XP perk has been the best in terms of speed. It starts at a 2% and goes up cumulatively from there. I've bought 3 perk upgrades and I'm getting a 12% adder in XP on class quests. Add the rested xp and my alt is flying through levels. But... you still have to quest of course. Not an issue since I'm enjoying the stories.

Others have said the PvP XP perk works best if you PvP a lot. So I guess it depends on your game play.

The net is though, get a few creds (its like 20k or so per upgrade), focus on one perk, and have at it.