Heroic Missions repeatable since December 5th downtime

TaitWatson

Hey everyone,

As many of you have noticed since yesterday’s downtime, Heroic Missions are now repeatable instead of having a weekly lockout. While this is a bug and we are going to fix it with 5.0.1 next week, we don’t consider this an exploit. Thanks for those that have sent their reports of the issue, and enjoy your plethora of Heroics!

-Tait

Thanx! Since you nerfed the elites, how about leaving things this way with the heroics? That would be a nice holiday present.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tait,

Will game update 5.0.1 also address the issue that class stances are bugged, so many classes often end up with two stances and twice the bonus from those stances?

Will it address any other known issues in general?

Thank You,

~ Eudoxia

There aren't any "known issues" just "features players don't yet understand properly".

All The Best

All 5.0 is a mess right now

They were never going to fix this immediately. Many already think the CXP system is garbage. Coming out and calling this an exploit would only make people think they're bigger ******** than they already do.

Me either. The planet pops up to be rerun, but you actually can't do them. However, I haven't checked after 20 hours to see if they reset or not.

They aren't ALL repeatable. But for example, Coruscant, Nar Shaddaa (imp) and Tatooine (imp) repeat for me. You also have to leave the planet.

Edited by Kirazy

Well, considering you only get 25 cxp for doing a heroic, i suggest you either fix it and up its reward to 100cxp or make it a daily heroic thing and keep it at 25cxp.

I know you are trying to make it take longer, which means more time to get more money, i personally find it lame and pathetic to do it like this, but i suggest you make solo cxp rewards more worthwhile, because random grouping is just....unreliable, don't get me wrong, grouping can be fun if the group is...well........mature and not full of immature children that go crying mommy when they die once.

Oh okay i was worried last night as I did yavin and then czerka , but i never ever saw that this was a weekly so maybe put that in the weekly dialogue please , all this talk of exploits is making me itch . Oh yeah you can dismiss then try again on the planetary GC daily , is that an exploit ? or is this the elusive box I have heard about?

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

Why not just make them Daily? It's good for the alt alliance grind... Since it's not top shelf content anymore, what would be the harm... Another way to get CXP daily AND make an old grind easier AND it'd be throwing us a little bone after the gold mob nerf... Plus on the bright side, we won't have to wait for the bonus to come up and have a wasted day of CXP bonus if we did do it earlier...

Just Sayin...

Why not just leave them alone and make them daily again?

Since a few of you are not quite getting it yet, they are currently repeatable indefinitely.

All you have to do, at least for the DK set, is leave the world they are on (e.g. return to fleet) and pick them up again from the terminal.

Only being left alone because is not a competetive way to get CXP and for that matter anything else that really matters. TBH i would like if it stayed that way, it reliably gives you something better than NOTHING while waiting for WZ, FP (or, force forbid, GSF) instead of d..king about in fleet/dk chat.

Used it a bit to level a alt a few levels so far - because lets face it, there is a lot less travel and dialog required, which gets unbearable when you get to the 3+ char mark.

As for them not being weekly, i think you can work out why (the purple turn-in boxes). If they were to be daily those boxes would likely be moved to a new set of 'meta'-weeklys (one for each planet) for completing every heroic for the planet. Somewhat like the Ziost and Yavin weekly meta for the full set.

As it is now, it kinda makes sense (for most) to farm them while the going is good AND PERMITTED, just for the companion gifts from turning in those boxes on Odessen, since the companiongift vendor is just ubergougingly expensive.

Hey everyone,

As many of you have noticed since yesterday’s downtime, Heroic Missions are now repeatable instead of having a weekly lockout. While this is a bug and we are going to fix it with 5.0.1 next week, we don’t consider this an exploit. Thanks for those that have sent their reports of the issue, and enjoy your plethora of Heroics!

-Tait

So people that do heroics are going to get banned ? i hope not.

:cool:

Edited by -Spc

Hey everyone,

-Tait

Somehow, it seems to me that this is done on purpose to prevent people autocomplete weekly heroics missions every day and farming cxp because of it :rak_02:

Edited by Sidewaves

I cannot even click on 'Planetary Missions' anymore from the galactic command interface... at all, nothing happens... i have logged out, played another toon for a bit, switched planets... nothing works, nothing happens, have clicked it at least a hundred times now

On the loadscreen tooltip it says most [heroic 2+] are repeatable daily. Why not leave this and concentrate on actual bugs... or making CXP legacy transferrable if not legacy wide, so not all of us Unsub?

They are repeatable daily.

Thing is: You can complete all heroics on let's say DK and after you've done so you can go back to terminal at space station and pick up the exact same quests. No need to wait until daily reset.

Edited by Halinalle

Since a few of you are not quite getting it yet, they are currently repeatable indefinitely.

As for them not being weekly, i think you can work out why (the purple turn-in boxes). If they were to be daily those boxes would likely be moved to a new set of 'meta'-weeklys (one for each planet) for completing every heroic for the planet. Somewhat like the Ziost and Yavin weekly meta for the full set.

This aside, having weeklies endlessly repeatable would make them a prime target for bots (even more than now) and skyrocket the GTN prices once again. We already have enough of both, so please stop whining.

And most Heroics are repeatable daily, you just don't see them at the weekly terminal on Odessen/the fleet but you need to grab them on the planets.

Edited by Maris_Streck

Probably only not considering it a bug because they're rolling it all back anyway. Kinda hard to enjoy extra heroics when everything gets reset once I'm done.

They aren't rolling it back. Where are you getting that from.

I cannot even click on 'Planetary Missions' anymore from the galactic command interface... at all, nothing happens... i have logged out, played another toon for a bit, switched planets... nothing works, nothing happens, have clicked it at least a hundred times now

You can only have one Planetary Mission (the main one from GC interface) active at a time, so if you accepted one, you need to abandon that quest before you can get a new planet.

Maybe that's the problem? ...I thought of it because I've done that myself.

Why do you consider it a bug? It's not like heroic missions are worth a lot of cxp to start with, compared to most other activities.

How many and how quickly do we need to complete heroic missions for them to compare to other GC activities?

Its because of the credit gains / payouts doing them. Heorics have always been about the credits.