Hello And Goodbye - A Tribute To The Community That's Taking Over

McVade

Hey all,

It's sad, because these forums were such a positive place when the trolls didn't have any foundation to complain about. Of course, now that the game is revealed not to be the cure for their lives, the people decide to type out their own bowel movements, and the end result is a forum as utterly depressing and as negative as this one has become.

Now that it's go time for the Old Republic, I am officially retiring from these forums. Once a game has launched, my experience is the forum becomes a cesspool of negativity. You hang around them long enough, eventually, it rubs off on you. Obviously, this game started early - the negativity has been rampant for a few weeks, but you are able to block out most of it as people only have a beta test to go by.

Now, as people begin to play, it's only going to get worse as the vocal minority play for a few hours, find the game doesn't fix all the numerous problems in their lives, and rush to the boards to whine about it. They whine because they can't faceroll their way through leveling. They whine because their Sith Marauder can't take out 3 guys at once. They whine because this game reminds them of whatever game they just finished trolling the boards of. They whine because that's all they know how to do.

To those who remain fans through the Dire Revelation, that this game doesn't cure diseases, reformat their lives and isn't going to shatter reality itself: Great reading your posts. I look forward to playing with you in game.

To the rest of you: Go back to WoW, Runescape or whatever other cesspit you crawled out of.

Edited by McVade

Hey all,

It's sad, because these forums were such a positive place when the trolls didn't have any foundation to complain about. Of course, now that the game is revealed not to be the cure for their lives, the people decide to type out their own bowel movements, and the end result is a forum as utterly depressing and as negative as this one has become.

Now that it's go time for the Old Republic, I am officially retiring from these forums. Once a game has launched, my experience is the forum becomes a cesspool of negativity. You hang around them long enough, eventually, it rubs off on you. Obviously, this game started early - the negativity has been rampant for a few weeks, but you are able to block out most of it as people only have a beta test to go by.

Now, as people begin to play, it's only going to get worse as the vocal minority play for a few hours, find the game doesn't fix all the numerous problems in their lives, and rush to the boards to whine about it. They whine because they can't faceroll their way through leveling. They whine because their Sith Marauder can't take out 3 guys at once. They whine because this game reminds them of whatever game they just finished trolling the boards of. They whine because that's all they know how to do.

To those who remain fans through the Dire Revelation, that this game doesn't cure diseases, reformat their lives and isn't going to shatter reality itself: Great reading your posts. I look forward to playing with you in game.

To the rest of you: Go back to WoW, Runescape or whatever other cesspit you crawled out of.

Ok bye.

Hello everyone,

Threads in the general discussion forum should be focused on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ gameplay and not the community itself. We ask that you create topics that encourage that type of discussion rather than community critiquing. This thread is off-topic so we are going to close it.