Will the players be able to park their ships on the strongholds?

Kantaso

They've expressly said you can not access your stronghold through your ship, or your ship through your stronghold.

Each stronghold does have a landing pad, but it's not accessible to a player. You can place ships there, and the player-ship model is one of the options. However, it cannot be accessed.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a subscriber, I feel that the nickle and diming there is unnecessary considering someone will be spending cartel coins on so much other stuff for the strong hold. It's amazing that it's seen as a great business model to nickle and dime that much in this game. I get that profitablity is key in every spot an "unlock" is added, but this game is the worst example of nickle and diming in the F2P market.

Wow... so what perks do you think are acceptable to be sub only sheesh... there needs to be appealing incentives to get people to sub. Making only option no one cares about isn't a way to go, but added convenience, you can bet its incentive. I have many reaspns to sub, this would add another reason to the list.

I want to highlight this post as everything DarthDymond said is correct. One quick clarification is that the option to travel directly to your ship is a subscriber only perk. Thanks!

-eric

You are patient and wise to not be drawn into the petty bickering and banter that goes back and fourth, but I would imagine it is amusing sometimes in the BW offices. :)

You also know that DarthDymond is likely to now quote you in his sig saying that you said, "everything DarthDymond said is correct."

:)

As a subscriber, I feel that the nickle and diming there is unnecessary considering someone will be spending cartel coins on so much other stuff for the strong hold. It's amazing that it's seen as a great business model to nickle and dime that much in this game. I get that profitablity is key in every spot an "unlock" is added, but this game is the worst example of nickle and diming in the F2P market.

Another way to look at it is the F2P model here is just the biggest, baddest, longest trial ever.

If you really like the game, sub, it is as simple as that. The restrictions on play are meant to be long and petty, or no one would sub.

Frankly, I think too much is given away for free as it is. I also would like to see a super premium sub option for $30 a month, that adds additional perks including removing all travel cool downs, adds another 10 toon slots per sever, and a few other things.

I'd pay it.

"to expose to financial hardship by the accumulation of small expenses." -thefreedictionary.com

"the undesired price of upkeep for a certain item" -urbandictionary.com

"to treat (as a person or situation) by paying excessive attention to small amounts of money often with a detrimental effect" - merriam-webster.com

None of which applies to SWTOR.

You are patient and wise to not be drawn into the petty bickering and banter that goes back and fourth, but I would imagine it is amusing sometimes in the BW offices. :)

You also know that DarthDymond is likely to now quote you in his sig saying that you said, "everything DarthDymond said is correct."

He won't. That quote of his... It's Kain... Simon Templeman... He can't. :(

Actually I was thinking about adding this to my sig:

Dymond has this thread on lockdown, like a bawss.

But yeah, that may be even better! :p

He won't. That quote of his... It's Kain... Simon Templeman... He can't. :(

Oh don't worry, if I did it would be an addition, no way I'd be replacing my LoK shout-out.

Edited by DarthDymond

On top of that, it is also totally unbelievable to have a space ship there... since that is parked in the hangar up in the orbital station/spaceport so how could it possibly be parked outside on the pad of your stronghold...

Well, to be fair LeJarC, any game where I can summon my mount out of thin air in a puff of smoke, or get picked up indoors by a shuttle is a game I have to have a bit of a suspension of disbelief.

You're right, only F2P.

What upkeep costs are there for F2P anyway? Where is the accumulation of small expenses? The excessive attention to small amounts of money with a detrimental effect? The undesired price of upkeep?

Because AFAIK, you don't have any small fees that have to be paid over and over as a F2P player.

There are a couple of unlocks you can buy, but you don't have to buy them over and over exactly. In fact, you don't have to buy them at all.

And if you do buy them, you can buy them for in-game money.

So again, what's your point here?

Because right now your entire argument seems to boil down to "I'm being nickel and dimed because I don't get everything for free"

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Well, to be fair LeJarC, any game where I can summon my mount out of thin air in a puff of smoke, or get picked up indoors by a shuttle is a game I have to have a bit of a suspension of disbelief.

I'll grant you that one. :)

here's another. Companions that know the art of instantaneous lateral movement whereas I need to use speeders, taxi's or shuttles. :)

Edited by LeJarC

Okay, so I was sarcastic in my original post. But honestly, the first thing that got asked on the stream when they showed a spaceship on a landing pad was this exact thing, will we be able to use it as our own. So obviously it's going to raise the same, wrong expectation with people that did not see the stream and get to see it when it goes live

And if that is the first thing that got asked, guess what the majority will be asking themselves when they see it the first time? And guess how many will have a reaction ranging from "what's the point then?" to beyond even what I posted?

I somehow can't help feeling that this won't be just a few. So it might have been better if they had skipped that option to put live size models there and instead gone for the table top model approach. Or maybe exclude the class space ship from the available models and limit it to only GSF models.

Actually, there's still time for that.

Edited by LeJarC

What upkeep costs are there for F2P anyway? Where is the accumulation of small expenses? The excessive attention to small amounts of money with a detrimental effect? The undesired price of upkeep?

Because AFAIK, you don't have any small fees that have to be paid over and over as a F2P player.

There are a couple of unlocks you can buy, but you don't have to buy them over and over exactly. In fact, you don't have to buy them at all.

And if you do buy them, you can buy them for in-game money.

So again, what's your point here?

Because right now your entire argument seems to boil down to "I'm being nickel and dimed because I don't get everything for free"

At this point, I'm not going to go back and reiterate my original points just because you either 1.) have horrible comprehension or, 2.) came into this partway through and didn't see what I originally stated. Also to continue trying to debate the obvious excess in micro charges for F2P is pointless as it is well known that SWTOR's Cartel Market is excessive in it's charges and limitations for F2P players. My original post was specifically in regards to the stronghold. That F2P players are already faced with enough charges and shouldn't be faced with even more if they purchase a stronghold in an attempt to make subscriptions appear so much more "worth it" because of the "convenience". There is enough of that already. So, I'll not derail the thread further by listing every single unlock that is weekly only or every single limitation (such as credit limitation), that you are conveniently ignoring to try to make a weak point about the F2P in general. I've gotten my point across and let Bioware know that even a subscriber is fed up with the nickle and dime on Free To Play players, where they won't get to fully enjoy a stronghold that they purchase. Regardless of F2P or Subscriber, if you purchase that stronghold you should get the same benefit.