Republic Clone Commando Sequel/mod/expansion?

I checked all over the forums and the general Star Wars Discussion area seems a good fit for this post.

Republic Commando is one of my top favorite Star Wars game if not one of them it is definitely a tie for top with KOTOR 1. I bring this up because I wish there was a sequel of sorts. I heard rumors about an official sequel named "Imperial Commando", but lost hope when Lucas Arts was shut down, but I've heard more rumors that Disney gave the project to someone else. I'm also wondering if there is a filler mod. As most Commando fans know, there is a great deal of content that goes down between missions of the original Xbox and PC game. Including missions working with Arc Troopers and 2 other commando squads. So I'm wondering if there was a mod that made or is being made. I'd play it.

So in conclusion, if you know any details about a filler mod or an official sequel, post in the comments below, if you just wanna share your love for the game, post below or if you just want to discuss it, guess what. Post below. lol

I love republic commando, though I tried multiplayer only a few months ago, (don't ask)I found that people would get all butt hurt if you used any really powerful weapon like the wookie rocket launcher. You don't see people saying that in CoD... :rak_evil:

I love republic commando, though I tried multiplayer only a few months ago, (don't ask)I found that people would get all butt hurt if you used any really powerful weapon like the wookie rocket launcher. You don't see people saying that in CoD... :rak_evil:

Hey, if CoD had wookies then I'd deal with the 8 year olds who think swearing makes them mature and play it. Till they add wookies, I ain't touchin' that. Though Clone Commando multiplayer just seemed pointless to me. I played for the objective based squad tactics with an oh so delicious Star Wars skin. It's why I'm wanting for a sequel or filler mod.

• 2 months later...

There were books which got cancelled because the writer wanted something that couldn't be done lore-wise but they were good books nonetheless. There have also been sooooo many community made mods- but apparently it's slightly difficult to work with, so they're mostly just maps and skins.

There were rumours for RC2 but they were quickly forgotten when the new battlefield was announced using the frostbite engine. So battlefieldfront it is.

You may find that the new Battlefront's campaign mode (assuming their is one) is very similar to Republic Commando.

We all know EA is going to be dark and gritty. I mean they single handedly made snow gritty with Deadspace 3. I remember when Mass Effect came out, it was sleek and shiny. Seemed almost utpoiaistic(It's a word!) with the Citadel being a recurring place, but nope in the sequel we get Omega and a single room on the presidium while all the other content was in the wards. I mean in 3 it takes us back to the presidium, but it's no longer shiny and then it gets all mucked up during the betrayal. I don't want to seem like a downer, but I have a VERY strong feeling we'd be playing a trooper with PTSD with depressed monologue, but he can't just shoot himself because his clone programming prevents it. Well maybe there will be a commando based mission. There have been special missions before.

Well back to Clone Commando. I did play one mod that changed everyone to arc troopers, and it was well built save for ammo being a no show and voiced dialogue not making sense due to main missions being preserved. It did add missions to Kamino, but it was a tutorial mission that wasn't even well made. There were other changes like hand made and added worlds and missions.

We all know EA is going to be dark and gritty. I mean they single handedly made snow gritty with Deadspace 3. I remember when Mass Effect came out, it was sleek and shiny. Seemed almost utpoiaistic(It's a word!) with the Citadel being a recurring place, but nope in the sequel we get Omega and a single room on the presidium while all the other content was in the wards. I mean in 3 it takes us back to the presidium, but it's no longer shiny and then it gets all mucked up during the betrayal. I don't want to seem like a downer, but I have a VERY strong feeling we'd be playing a trooper with PTSD with depressed monologue, but he can't just shoot himself because his clone programming prevents it. Well maybe there will be a commando based mission. There have been special missions before.

Well back to Clone Commando. I did play one mod that changed everyone to arc troopers, and it was well built save for ammo being a no show and voiced dialogue not making sense due to main missions being preserved. It did add missions to Kamino, but it was a tutorial mission that wasn't even well made. There were other changes like hand made and added worlds and missions.

I'm usually not a fan of dark and gritty, but I think Star Wars could do with a little bit of that. I mean most Star Wars games are light and shiny - like SWTOR for example.

Star 1313 had great potential, because it was exploring a more mature aspect of Star Wars that has been neglected. And as a whole I find Star Wars is often sugar coated a little. It was called the Dark Times for a reason. Its about time we saw it. Enough happy go lucky rebels going to fight a jolly good war against the evil Empire.

I want to see death, and pain, and misery! :D

That said Republic Commando is pretty dark and gritty too... not speaking from experience here.

Read the commando books. I know KT gets the craps for how she made mando's mary sue and all and along with the Legacy books[which she shouldn't of taken on], but the Clone commando books, they show a side of star wars many don't want to see or deal with.

The game, even more so.

I'm usually not a fan of dark and gritty, but I think Star Wars could do with a little bit of that. I mean most Star Wars games are light and shiny - like SWTOR for example.

Star 1313 had great potential, because it was exploring a more mature aspect of Star Wars that has been neglected. And as a whole I find Star Wars is often sugar coated a little. It was called the Dark Times for a reason. Its about time we saw it. Enough happy go lucky rebels going to fight a jolly good war against the evil Empire.

I want to see death, and pain, and misery! :D

That said Republic Commando is pretty dark and gritty too... not speaking from experience here.

One thing you got wrong. Dark and gritty has not and never will be synonymous with "mature". That's the problem with today's gaming market. The original Clone Commando had it's dark moments, but it felt like a Star Wars game. Here's the thing. KOTOR 2 was dark and gritty. This is fact. Though it was still a Star Wars game. Dark and gritty can be good. Though in most cases it's not. Call of Duty 4 was dark and gritty in a good way. It felt like a Call of Duty game. Then Modern Warfare 2 and 3 came out. To me it felt childish. Battlefield 3 was not dark and gritty. That was fine. It was a battlefield game. Metal of Honor Warfighter was dark and gritty, but it flopped for that. It just didn't feel right. My point is that dark and gritty can be good, as long as it feels fresh. Other wise it's just depressing and ugly. If I'm playing a Star Wars game, I want it to feel like a Star Wars game, not a Max Payne game. Know what I mean? I don't want the whimsical space opera that mystify and awes us, to be forgotten and sacrificed for the sake of "maturity". Even with the attempts to make sense of the Star Wars universe in the prequels, I have never seen another thing zap the mystic feeling from Star Wars, and I think it severely harms it when you try to make Star Wars "realistic". Well I hope I was able to make sense.

Read the commando books. I know KT gets the craps for how she made mando's mary sue and all and along with the Legacy books[which she shouldn't of taken on], but the Clone commando books, they show a side of star wars many don't want to see or deal with.

The game, even more so.

I probably shouldn't speak since whenever I talk about Mandalorians people tend to get mad at me for having an opinion or verbally kick my *** if I slip up on some details. Though F it.

I just feel like people are looking at Mandalorians in a weird way. From what I've seen Mandalorians are just a people who revel in war and speak highly of glory and honor. People who boast about feats and glory. Though people either RP them as violent thugs or emo kids. I tend to Bartend on the Imperial Fleet and some times someone thinks it's a good idea to try and mug me, sometimes even demanding actual credits. It is always and I mean ALWAYS a Mandalorian doing this. Though if you question this they take it as an attack on their honor and shoot at me. If I'm not being attacked verbally or physically by some guy who thinks harming a unarmed bartender is honorable I'm talking to the most depressing people in the history of Star Wars. I was in the Nexus and I came across Mandalorians lamenting on the tragedies of war, which is confusing to me because I always thought Mandalorians liked war and it'd make more sense to boast about the victories and glory someone did in life instead of brooding over their deaths being tragic. Even in real life I find this weird. Focus on the positive is what I say. Though when my character commented and I quote "Mandalorians lamenting on the tragedies of war? How odd." I get verbally attacked being told to shut up and being called names I'm sure would be censored by the forums. Of course there are Mandalorians that are neither thugish or emo. I've seen some that go to bars and partake in drinking songs. It's amusing and entertaining. Mandalorians just never seemed like a people to brood. Though this is just my opinion and perception, and I'm sure someone will attack me over it. Even though I'm fine with people RPing this way if they want to. I just think you're doing it wrong if you're so depressing it makes someone uncomfortable to the point of leaving the area. Again opinion and perception,

Well enough of my text walls.

One thing you got wrong. Dark and gritty has not and never will be synonymous with "mature". That's the problem with today's gaming market. The original Clone Commando had it's dark moments, but it felt like a Star Wars game. Here's the thing. KOTOR 2 was dark and gritty. This is fact. Though it was still a Star Wars game. Dark and gritty can be good. Though in most cases it's not. Call of Duty 4 was dark and gritty in a good way. It felt like a Call of Duty game. Then Modern Warfare 2 and 3 came out. To me it felt childish. Battlefield 3 was not dark and gritty. That was fine. It was a battlefield game. Metal of Honor Warfighter was dark and gritty, but it flopped for that. It just didn't feel right. My point is that dark and gritty can be good, as long as it feels fresh. Other wise it's just depressing and ugly. If I'm playing a Star Wars game, I want it to feel like a Star Wars game, not a Max Payne game. Know what I mean? I don't want the whimsical space opera that mystify and awes us, to be forgotten and sacrificed for the sake of "maturity". Even with the attempts to make sense of the Star Wars universe in the prequels, I have never seen another thing zap the mystic feeling from Star Wars, and I think it severely harms it when you try to make Star Wars "realistic". Well I hope I was able to make sense.
And to that I would retort that dark and gritty does not necessarily mean 'realistic'. Just as much as glossy and sugar coated does not mean whimsical and mystifying. Republic Commando, KOTOR II and even the previews of 1313 have proven that Star Wars actually works quite fantastically well with dark and gritty. Primarily because it is so fresh, and so in touch with the universe. I'm sure you've heard the term 'used universe' - a theme that Star Wars revolves around, and something synonymous with dark and gritty.

In a sense I'd feel portraying Battlefront to this would lend something to the franchise, previous installments have lacked any feel. They are simply a basic portrayal of the Star Wars universe, a 'them' is necessary to bring it to life and I feel dark and gritty i.e. a 'used' feel - will provide this in volumes.