Deception PvP Stats question

AGSThomas

It also depends on what passive stats you have (from datacrons, companions as well). If you have all that, getting to 28% is pretty minimal.

With that being said, I run with the most minimum amount of crit possible, which leaves me with about 18% crit, and use a crit relic. Not very ideal for deception, I think, but it's useful for darkness with dps gear.

I think Evo is talking without the Agent buff as the OP said New 55.

Unbuffed with datacrons in 69/72's you should be between 19-20%

Most groups you'll run with will have the 5% crit buff from the Agent

IMO you should be atleast 25% crit or you'll frequently loosing the 9% melee crit from Exploitive strike. 25% also means that with Exploitive strikes(+9%) your Maul has a 1 in 3 chance of being a crit hit.

Edited by Sarafain

With that being said, I run with the most minimum amount of crit possible, which leaves me with about 18% crit, and use a crit relic. Not very ideal for deception, I think, but it's useful for darkness with dps gear.

Honestly it really doesn't matter one way or the other. I have the absolute minimum crit I can, which leaves me with 16% buffed crit chance. I run the power and mainstat relic and every single piece of my gear has max power/surge on it with power augs. I've yet to run into a problem.

Follow up question about gear choices. For the Obroan relics, do we go power +main stat? I see some oldish recommendations (~3 months) for power + crit.

Thanks.

power mainstat yes. power crit is pre mainstat buff.