why gods of the machine rarely form in fleet?

whenever the ops highlight on, i tried to look for this ops grouping in SS server but even at highlighted ops time it was very rarely formed not like other ops

is that mean the izax boss cant be down by pugs ? or any other reason ?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of people avoid it doing with pugs, it's an operation that requires you to know your class and be able to follow mechanics, which some of the pugs I've been with weren't able to and wiped. Edited by FlameYOL

It's not pugged frequently, because the probability of success with random people isn't high. Problem is even if you get at least half competent people, the operation is rather long. It takes a long time to get through the trash between bosses, add few likely wipes on Nahut and Scyva, time spent on the pre-Izax puzzle thingie and you are easily over 1.5h. And then comes exhausting fight that can take about 15-20 minutes and can go wrong in tons of ways, especially in the last phase. And if you are wiping there after all this time in the instance, people will start leaving because nobody is in the mood repeating this tedious fight more than twice.

Every operation has so called "pug killers" that are bosses that have special mechanics, which are mostly not well handled by people in a pug. GotM have a few and also this operation is higher tier, which means it drops not 236 gear on SM but 242, this also shows that its a bit above the normal level.

Also the operation, mainly the last boss, are not out for that long, its probably that in 1 year it will be pugged without issues, but for now, its a fresh thing for the pug players.

I do very well remember raiders moaning over the lack of challenging new stuff + demanding new challenging stuff.

Then came both Revan story OPs, and only a fraction of the whole player base were actually able to complete them, unnerfed. I do remember someone writing here something like "I think it's only 3 guilds so far able to beat Master & Blaster".

Well, they got what they demanded.

And alienated the 98 % rest of the player base. But I bet those raiders didn't even care about that 98 %.

One major symptom of modern society is its blatant egoism.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I do very well remember raiders moaning over the lack of challenging new stuff + demanding new challenging stuff.

Then came both Revan story OPs, and only a fraction of the whole player base were actually able to complete them, unnerfed. I do remember someone writing here something like "I think it's only 3 guilds so far able to beat Master & Blaster".

And alienated the 98 % rest of the player base. But I bet those raiders didn't even care about that 98 %.

Wow...

Well I guess your post is a good example of "blatant egoism" lmao. You can't complete 1 SM op out of 10, it's because of *insert random % that you feel is right and will be low enough to make you right about being angry* of players wanted more challenging content.

For the record, I don't think anyone asked for SM content to be harder, they asked for good hard NiM operations. Since bioware has a lack of content Devs, they couldn't do it, so they made something in between HM and NiM, and made SM harder. They eventually nerfed every SM (removed a bunch of mechanics from the old SM operations), so SM content has not become harder since 3.0, it has become easier, and by quite a margin for some bosses.

Gods is a new operation with drops equivalent to HMs. It is there as a stepping stone to harder content. It has more mechanics than most other SM bosses, and a lot of pugs are still unfamiliar with them, which is why you don't see many pugs. That is where the difficulty ends though, it has 0 DPS checks, and every boss is easier to heal than master/blaster.

To be honest I think (considering the fact that bioware can't do 3 difficulty modes anymore) it's fair to have Gods as "hard" as it is right now. It's a good way for people who want to start doing harder content with their guild/friends to learn to deal with harder mechanics in a not so punishing context. I can understand (though not agree with) people who would like it to be easier/on the same level as other SMs, but that was never the intention. It is ok that new content is harder than old one, and that it feels more rewarding.

@Op I encourage you to find a guild that has decent PVE players in it if running it interests you. Yes it is a bit longer and more complex than some other operations, but it is what makes it more fun. If it doesn't well stick to the other ones, it's only 1/10, so doesn't happen that often :)

Raiders and PvPers are the players you always have to go after for an MMO we make or break the game. And when eaware decided to ignore us for two years so they could work on single player story content? we left and took 75% of the player base with us to FFXIV.

Story Mode=Let everyone be able to finish the story, it shouldn't be too hard. Same thing with ToS and Ravagers.

GOTM isn't too hard, save for Izax. It's not nearly as bad as ToS and Ravagers were at launch IMO, it certainly has some mechanics but I found it fun tbh, if you're not following the mechanics then yeah you'll wipe a lot .And I never stepped into HM/Veteran so I'm more of a casual than a hardcore raider.

I think it's a bit too long, the trash mobs/mech before the bosses could be reduced in SM.

The mobs are easy to deal with but maybe reduce the numbers for SM, biggest problem is people not following properly due to lag on the Sniper before Scyva or jumping into mines before Nahut or not knowing how to do the puzzle.

The mobs are easy to deal with but maybe reduce the numbers for SM, biggest problem is people not following properly due to lag on the Sniper before Scyva or jumping into mines before Nahut or not knowing how to do the puzzle.

Most of them are easy but it's overall too long, we got 5 bosses already the whole walk/run should be shorter and easier on the SCYVA snipers and the puzzle.

GOTM isn't too hard, save for Izax. It's not nearly as bad as ToS and Ravagers were at launch IMO, it certainly has some mechanics but I found it fun tbh, if you're not following the mechanics then yeah you'll wipe a lot .And I never stepped into HM/Veteran so I'm more of a casual than a hardcore raider.

No other than Izax they are not too hard but still many pugs could not finish it. As for Ravagers, M&B really needs to be toned off.

Most of them are easy but it's overall too long, we got 5 bosses already the whole walk/run should be shorter and easier on the SCYVA snipers and the puzzle.

Maybe reduce the number of adds or something, but there's got to be a mild challenge. Or maybe they can do what they did with the corridor of death of DF and just nerf it.

No other than Izax they are not too hard but still many pugs could not finish it. As for Ravagers, M&B really needs to be toned off.

I've had more difficulty with Underlurker than with M&B, maybe reduce Master's AOE damage?

Since the nerfed cross mechanic UL is a lot easier in pugs. Master/Blaster still has weird tuning. The healing required in the second phase isn't close to anything in another SM. Master hits too hard, and blaster keeps on hitting decently hard. Every healer that hasn't seen HMs (apart form EV and KP, where healing is still kind of a joke) isn't ready for the pressure that comes with phase 2.

The same case can kinda be made in HM, where Master hits harder than pretty much any HM boss. Not really a complaint though, just weird tuning.

Maybe reduce the number of adds or something, but there's got to be a mild challenge. Or maybe they can do what they did with the corridor of death of DF and just nerf it.

Honestly, such challenge would be fun for the first time, but after that it's a bit annoying, especially when you are in pugs, any kind of trouble may result in ppl quitting.

Since the nerfed cross mechanic UL is a lot easier in pugs. Master/Blaster still has weird tuning. The healing required in the second phase isn't close to anything in another SM. Master hits too hard, and blaster keeps on hitting decently hard. Every healer that hasn't seen HMs (apart form EV and KP, where healing is still kind of a joke) isn't ready for the pressure that comes with phase 2.

The same case can kinda be made in HM, where Master hits harder than pretty much any HM boss. Not really a complaint though, just weird tuning.

M&B needs to be toned down badly.

no gods of the machine needs to stay the same. this game has experienced enough nerfs every where else. We finally got hard content to tackle, which is something we have been asking for. And if you can't pug it, try to get into a raiding guild, or form groups on the Forum or Discord is another good place for that.

no gods of the machine needs to stay the same. this game has experienced enough nerfs every where else. We finally got hard content to tackle, which is something we have been asking for. And if you can't pug it, try to get into a raiding guild, or form groups on the Forum or Discord is another good place for that.

There is veteran mode, go for it.

Story mode is for everyone.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Story Mode should not be about ignoring everything. But I agree that GotM has a few mechanics which are a bit overtuned for story mode.

Story Mode should not be about ignoring everything. But I agree that GotM has a few mechanics which are a bit overtuned for story mode.

Story Mode=Let everyone be able to experience stuff.

Also remember it's repeatable content, some mech would be fun the first time you do it but gonna get annoying when you repeat it with pugs, especially trash mobs.

i have done veteran mode and will continue to do both. But honestly, Story mode should not be nerfed. Most of the other story Ops do not prepare you for vet (definitely not nim) content. that is why GOTM is perfect. it is still Story (so puggable, and the event proved even Vet is same) but gets you into practice of mechanics. which most players need said practice

i have done veteran mode and will continue to do both. But honestly, Story mode should not be nerfed. Most of the other story Ops do not prepare you for vet (definitely not nim) content. that is why GOTM is perfect. it is still Story (so puggable, and the event proved even Vet is same) but gets you into practice of mechanics. which most players need said practice

Story Mode is to let EVERYONE be able to experience it, NOT to prepare you for HM, if you want to practice in HM do it in HM, plain and simple.