Difference between 8man and 16 man operations

Hello! So I am an raid leader and I have been raiding and I wanted to know what are the differences between 8man and 16man Ops? I have lead all 8 mans! So my queston is what are the major differences between 8 man and 16 man?

For example is there mechanics that are different? Is group composition different? like do we need 4 tanks, 8 DPS and 4 healers?

Hi,

in general, its double HP of the bosses. however, this actually makes 16M a bit easier in terms of numbers as you dont have double dps (8) you have 10 dps, so you got more. This makes the dps checks easier. In principle there is a bit more damage going out since you have more healers to cover it. Technically mostly only tanks should be taking damage (if all is done well, but not every boss ofc) and there are still only 2 tanks.

Its also easier in terms of an extra tank. As mentioned you have 2 extra dps and its easy to take 1 tank 1 dps instead for some NiM mechanics for example.So in general double HP, bit more damage and easier dps. However, in terms of organization its a nightmare to work with 15 other ppl.

I am pretty sure some mechanics are a bit different and made easier (Operator IX), but some fights are harder due to many ppl around like Dread Guards. Its a long story to go boss by boss.

what nepochop said is all true especially in story and hardmode. Additionally I want to mention some people encounter frame problems because of more raidmember and stuff going on player side. So if your computer runs not so strong in 8man it will definitly go down in 16man.

For some Nightmare Encounter diffrent group composition are required. Kephess in Denova needs 3 Tanks. But it all depends on your raidteam. Tyrans nightmare has a really tight enrage timer and has not a so high dmg income. so if you lack dps you can switch a heal for an additional dps.

FPS tanks in 16m and its not because of the graphical load its all the info about players around you and the engine sucking at dealing with it.

The hardest part of 16m since forever has been to have 16+ (because extras) players logging in on your raid days.

And its useful if they are a correct balance of roles or enough flexibility in roles and of course if they can all play at the same difficulty level.

If you think organising 4 or 8 players sucks then you might not like 16m where the drama is more than doubled.

Once you have a solid 16m you can do funky things like 3-5 healers, 1.5-3 tanks depending on fight. You may find that strats for 16m are very different either because they have to be or because they can be done in ways you can't with 8m.

Stealth res didn't work? You mean the first stealth res didn't work... ;) ditto for transcendence, slinger shield...