6.0 wish list (Please no rants .. save that for other threads )

OlBuzzard

Since 6.0 discussions are out in full bloom I thought I'd offer a couple of my personal favorite theme based ideas for suggestions. Please feel free to add to the list.

1. A new strong hold. This one should be a space station, perhaps on the outer rim. Perhaps it could be moved (for an appropriate cost in credits). IMHO this could fit as a hiding place for several charactors that may have went to ground during the dark times of KotFE and KotET. Perhaps it has recently been discovered and now makes a great FOB for Smugglers / JK / Sith / Troopers ... etc, etc

2. New outfits for Lana B. (and a few others) or perhaps the return of custom/adaptive gear. Since she very well could be staying at the side of her companion since the days of The Shadow of Raven it is befitting that a new look is in order.

3. More frequent interactions with our companions.. and hopefull these will be seen several months from now... Not just at the beginning of the our reunions. MAYBE .. even if we had a party (from time to time) of sorts at a chosen strong hold with as many of our companions as we choose that might be fun. I can just see a couple of them interacting togeather ! Oh my ... what a hoot !

4. Something for a little R&R from time to time. Maybe a good fishing trip ? Hmmm I wonder what what a SWTOR bass boat would look like. Set one of those puppies in my stroung hold !

:D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. New outfits for Lana B. (and a few others) or perhaps the return of custom/adaptive gear. Since she very well could be staying at the side of her companion since the days of The Shadow of Raven it is befitting that a new look is in order.

Um. What? You know she can wear anything you can fit in her armour slots, right? All you have to do is remove the "Lana's Traditional Armor Customization" thingy from her Companion Customization slot.

And what do you mean by "the return of custom/adaptive gear"? Neither custom gear nor adaptive gear(1) ever went away, so there is no way they can return.

(1) Note that they are different things. "Custom" means "orange inventory frame", and all custom gear is modifiable. "Adaptive" is "armour that adapts its effective weight to the heaviest you can wear".

Um. What? You know she can wear anything you can fit in her armour slots, right? All you have to do is remove the "Lana's Traditional Armor Customization" thingy from her Companion Customization slot.

And what do you mean by "the return of custom/adaptive gear"? Neither custom gear nor adaptive gear(1) ever went away, so there is no way they can return.

(1) Note that they are different things. "Custom" means "orange inventory frame", and all custom gear is modifiable. "Adaptive" is "armour that adapts its effective weight to the heaviest you can wear".

Actually i have tried several times changing Lana B. outfits (even since I innitially posted this). The visual affects always default to the same that her charactor was wearing since the beginning of KotFE.

I personally use adaptive stuff all the time for myself and many companions.

BUT: Lana, Arcann and Senya (that I know of) can not be changed to adaptive or custom wardrobes.

Hmmm ... there's not something I'm missing is there ?

I wouldn't be the first time ... or the second .. or the third !

:eek::eek::eek:

EDIT: found it !! UGH ! I feel really stupid right now !

:D:D:D

Edited by OlBuzzard
several lines to help better explain response

- New amazing story content with hopefully all voice actors that already did the player character voices over the years.

- More story flashpoints where one of more of our companions "lead" us through the flashpoint stories, loved that part about the newer stuff.

- Make choices matter sounds like a cool concept but ultimately will create a lot of unhappy people if the consequences are too severe. So my wish is probably that you just be careful with it.

- New amazing story content with hopefully all voice actors that already did the player character voices over the years.

- More story flashpoints where one of more of our companions "lead" us through the flashpoint stories, loved that part about the newer stuff.

- Make choices matter sounds like a cool concept but ultimately will create a lot of unhappy people if the consequences are too severe. So my wish is probably that you just be careful with it.

I agree completely

Um. It already did make people unhappy. That's why we can't kill the Quinnster just before our SWs go to Corellia, by the way.(1) People did during the betas and then realised they didn't want his death to stick. And of course there were many posts about the same thing after KotFE's story was fully released and especially after KotET, where it was possible to kill several companions, and at least initially those deaths would stick. (That's why the Odessen terminal can restore the dead ones, usually.)

(1) Nor, I'm guessing, Kaliyo after the Wheezer incident.

Um. It already did make people unhappy. That's why we can't kill the Quinnster just before our SWs go to Corellia, by the way.(1) People did during the betas and then realised they didn't want his death to stick. And of course there were many posts about the same thing after KotFE's story was fully released and especially after KotET, where it was possible to kill several companions, and at least initially those deaths would stick. (That's why the Odessen terminal can restore the dead ones, usually.)

(1) Nor, I'm guessing, Kaliyo after the Wheezer incident.

[/scratches head]

hmmm I had no idea this stuff was in the game. Then again I've been gone for so long ... and forgotten a lot too.

No to mention some of the changes/corrections that were made.

When it comes to characters introduced in the story, if we go LS and let them live, because basically, most content now is LS... they live, DS... stab, or shot...

Crisis on Copero and The Nathema Conspiracy had characters only used in the Flashpoints...

If we let story characters live, and even if they don't make another story appearance, or aren't from heard from or mentioned again... can we just get a companion version of said character.

Using the above-mentioned Flashpoints as an example, we'd have...

Zenta available as a companion if we let her live, or Vinn from Nathema...

Another item for my wish list: the possibility of a NEW companion that would absolutely knock your socks off... at least for the Smuggler (LS) and the (DS) Imperial agent as well as the trooper / bounty hunter.

With so much focus on Kira and Scourge (nothing wrong with that ) ... I would personally like to look to the future with new contient and companions.

Hense the afore mentioned more freequent interaction with said companions.

How about updated character models and fix the plastic looking hairstyles so it looks more realistic.

I agree. Some of the styles are good... but some of them are as you have indicated: plastic looking. IMHO the reason for that is to "optimize" the poly count when desiging 3-D animated charactors or even buildings, ships etc. I know this for a fact since I actually do 3-D modeling on the side just for fun. Poly count is a big deal. Sooo as long as they maybe do some contemporary hair styles and update the lighting affects (hard light / soft light) that should be very benificial.

I agree. Some of the styles are good... but some of them are as you have indicated: plastic looking. IMHO the reason for that is to "optimize" the poly count when desiging 3-D animated charactors or even buildings, ships etc. I know this for a fact since I actually do 3-D modeling on the side just for fun. Poly count is a big deal. Sooo as long as they maybe do some contemporary hair styles and update the lighting affects (hard light / soft light) that should be very benificial.

For hair, the other thing that makes it look plastic-looking is that it doesn't "swing" like hair should, so it looks like a hair-shaped helmet. Getting hair to move correctly is computationally ***expensive***.

Another item I would love to see : A new companion for Smuggler and the Trooper ... perhaps the rest.. but for certain these two.

I know that there are a lot of folks looking forward to Kira and Scorge returning .. but I would also like to see some new stuff as well.

IMHO this would be a perfect time to add to the contacts and companions list.

Two more items on my wish list:

1. A Medical Driod for repairs / stems ... etc. for our strong holds.

2. Class Trainers for our strong holds !

I'm not sure if these have already been suggested or not... BUT IMHO would be VERY nice to have available.

Two more items on my wish list:

1. A Medical Driod for repairs / stems ... etc. for our strong holds.

2. Class Trainers for our strong holds !

I'm not sure if these have already been suggested or not... BUT IMHO would be VERY nice to have available.

1. All vendors can repair stuff. If you do the level 15 stronghold mission from the holostatue on the Fleets(1) or the Capital Worlds(2), you get a bunch of vendor decorations for free. (Felucia Stato and the Prefab Droids.)(3)

A *medical service* vendor has been suggested before, and it remains a reasonable idea, but not because of its ability to repair stuff.

2. The need for this is a *lot* less than it used to be since you only train a few abilities from the trainers. Try to pick up the Senya holotrainer statue during the next anniversary event (coincides with Life Day in December).

(1) In the Strongholds and Crew Skills section.

(2) Just before you go up the ramp to the main part of the Senate Plaza on Coruscant, or at the bottom of the stairs in Kaas City that lead up to the merchant area.

(3) Sounds like an interesting name for a band.

Actually i have tried several times changing Lana B. outfits (even since I innitially posted this). The visual affects always default to the same that her charactor was wearing since the beginning of KotFE.

I personally use adaptive stuff all the time for myself and many companions.

BUT: Lana, Arcann and Senya (that I know of) can not be changed to adaptive or custom wardrobes.

Hmmm ... there's not something I'm missing is there ?

I wouldn't be the first time ... or the second .. or the third !

EDIT: found it !! UGH ! I feel really stupid right now !

:D:D:D

You gotta take the appearance skin outta the appropriate slot. If you don't, they will always appear in that gear.

1- class balance

Turns out that's really hard to achieve. (Every MMORPG that ever had group activities, whether PvE(1) or PvP, has this problem.) But yes, it's a good and noble goal.

2- return to trees for specs and point to allocate, it was by far better.

Turns out that because the trees they had allowed weird hybrid builds, they made balance even harder to get right.

3- return of expertise.

Taken by itself, expertise is neither good nor bad. What's more interesting would be if they *also* separated the gear grinds for PvP and PvE gear.

(1) Class balance is a problem in group PvE as well as in PvP. Who wants to be on that class that's all squishy and weak in damage output? (If "Vote kick, Reason: only derpy scrubs play class X" is a thing, there's a lack of balance.)

1. All vendors can repair stuff. If you do the level 15 stronghold mission from the holostatue on the Fleets(1) or the Capital Worlds(2), you get a bunch of vendor decorations for free. (Felucia Stato and the Prefab Droids.)(3)

A *medical service* vendor has been suggested before, and it remains a reasonable idea, but not because of its ability to repair stuff.

2. The need for this is a *lot* less than it used to be since you only train a few abilities from the trainers. Try to pick up the Senya holotrainer statue during the next anniversary event (coincides with Life Day in December).

(1) In the Strongholds and Crew Skills section.

(2) Just before you go up the ramp to the main part of the Senate Plaza on Coruscant, or at the bottom of the stairs in Kaas City that lead up to the merchant area.

(3) Sounds like an interesting name for a band.

1.) Medical service or repairs at vendors are great .. I use them a LOT ! I also use my Strong holds equally as much. There is only one droid that I'm aware of and estecitally .. ummm well I kind of like that shorter quare dude that more like the SW power droid. OK ! it's kind of preference in designs .. I get that ... BUT IMHO we need a few more to be made available, even if through the cartel market... [/caugh, puff, wheeze] (sorry) :D

2.) As for trainers at our strong holds this would also be VERY good. I'm in and out of my strong holds a LOT ! I also know that there are several planets where trainers are available. Again it's just the idea of streamlining and making better use of time management in areas where it would not affect things in a negative way!

OH... also by using strong holds we are able to pretty much transport right back where we were in game ... for the most part. I know that there are a few exceptions. But over all this is one thing that is VERY benificial. (At lest to me it is).

BTW... I appreciate your input! Always good to kick ideas around and look at all sides of it!

Edited by OlBuzzard

1. I mentioned it (by its full in-game name).

2. That was undoubtedly what he found that he mentioned in the EDIT.

yup ! nailed it ! OH ... waaaaaay back when I left the game. That slot was usually for just facial or hair appearances .. When the "new" Lana came out (at the beginning of KotFE) there were dozens of requestions just as I had posted by a number of other players. And that was about the time I left. For different reasons .. just about that time though.

I left for well over a year .. (2 maybe?)

When I returned I glanced at the companion slots I did not recognize that slot (the one you told me about) was one that the contients could be removed !

OOPS !!!!!!

Again ... I felt like an idiot !

;)

(note: edited to clarify some of the verbage)

Edited by OlBuzzard