Petition to get Mara Jade back

Captain_Zone

Are zombies in the star wars universe? :D

See Death Troopers and Red Harvest.

Anyways, on topic:

Mara Jade just isn't coming back, nor should she. What role could she possibly fulfill in the current state of events of the story? Should Luke and Mara and Ben just be a happy OP jedi family? I don't think so.

I for one was shocked that she would be the one killed by Jacen, but I could imagine it being logical for him as a sacrifice. Not wanting to sacrifice Tenel Ka or Allana, who else but her and simultaniously dealing a giant blow to the Jedi Order?

Edited by VulpX

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the Mara haters need not reply. Thank you, and have fun trolling elsewhere.

Seriously, though. Why not? Why not bring her back? Lucas is known for his inconsistencies and rewrites. Might as well get some good out of the whole mess.

Or, if she is to remain dead, at least make her death mean something! No good came of it. Jacen/Caedus whatever just decided to kill her because Karen Traviss is a jealous **** who decided to kill off most guys' Perfect Star Wars Hottie. :p

This is what happens when children are allowed on the internet unsupervised.

See Death Troopers and Red Harvest.

Anyways, on topic:

Mara Jade just isn't coming back, nor should she. What role could she possibly fulfill in the current state of events of the story? Should Luke and Mara and Ben just be a happy OP jedi family? I don't think so.

I for one was shocked that she would be the one killed by Jacen, but I could imagine it being logical for him as a sacrifice. Not wanting to sacrifice Tenel Ka or Allana, who else but her and simultaniously dealing a giant blow to the Jedi Order?

The reason she wasn't a sacrifice is because her and Jacen never shared a bond. He didn't grow up having an aunt Mara. He was gone for most of the time she was around. She wasn't anything to him.

You say it was dealing a blow to the Jedi Order... Fine, that isn't a sacrifice.

It is like telling me I have to give up one of my prized possessions, and I am like, "Okay." then I run to Wal-Mart, buy a brand new teddy bear, then chuck it.

I didn't give up a prized possession, I gave up what was most convenient.

Again, based on characters he had gotten to know, Natassi Daala was more of a worthy sacrifice than Mara Jade.

The reason she wasn't a sacrifice is because her and Jacen never shared a bond. He didn't grow up having an aunt Mara. He was gone for most of the time she was around. She wasn't anything to him.

You say it was dealing a blow to the Jedi Order... Fine, that isn't a sacrifice.

It is like telling me I have to give up one of my prized possessions, and I am like, "Okay." then I run to Wal-Mart, buy a brand new teddy bear, then chuck it.

I didn't give up a prized possession, I gave up what was most convenient.

Again, based on characters he had gotten to know, Natassi Daala was more of a worthy sacrifice than Mara Jade.

I think killing Ben would have made the whole series a much bigger deal.

All the Mara haters need not reply. Thank you, and have fun trolling elsewhere.

Seriously, though. Why not? Why not bring her back? Lucas is known for his inconsistencies and rewrites. Might as well get some good out of the whole mess.

Or, if she is to remain dead, at least make her death mean something! No good came of it. Jacen/Caedus whatever just decided to kill her because Karen Traviss is a jealous **** who decided to kill off most guys' Perfect Star Wars Hottie. :p

I love mara jade, but she is dead and I would never ENCOURAGE moe inconsistencies unless they were to make another movie. Then they'd obviously have to shift things around.

Also dude it seems like you have a major hard on for a fictional character...not judging